26+ Brenda Blethyn Quotes On Versatile, Evocative And Engaging
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Brenda Blethyn Quotes (BEST)
- The academy awards in England; it's a classy affair as well.
- I hate that people think going to the theatre is a special occasion. I wish people would treat it as normally as going to the cinema.
- I like the enthusiasm but not the insincerity of Los Angeles.
- I think people often confuse success with fame and stardom.
- Before every performance, I think I am about to keel over.
- When I left drama school, there were dozens of rep theatres you could apply to where you got a good training.
- My dad gave me threepence to pay the fine but I spent it on a Wagon Wheel
- The strange thing is that since I've been offered lots of films I think that maybe they think that I've sold out to Hollywood. Which is not the case if anybody's listening.
- Even if I hadn't have been nominated for an Oscar, to have won the Golden Glove was just fantastic.
- People say to me that I can't be nervous because I've had such a wealth of experience, but I tell them that I have never done this particular part before.
Brenda Blethyn Short Quotes
- I always think 12 times before saying anything.
- It's a real leveller, you know, to do theatre at least once every two years.
- Anything where people have to work together makes me cry.
- In fact at home I sometimes like to be quiet and hear the sounds of the world outside.
- I always considered myself very successful even before the success of Secrets and Lies.
- Being a secretary was considered a very good job in those days.
- Maybe wanting to retire is my ambition.
- At the risk of sounding naff, it is having hope fulfilled.
- I love silence.
Brenda Blethyn Quotes On Films
I knew Secrets and Lies was a great film, but I didn't expect it to get the attention it did because none of his other films had and I thought they were just as good. — Brenda Blethyn
I've never done a big studio film, I've only ever done little ones. — Brenda Blethyn
I've made six films since I made Secrets and Lies but I still live in London and I'd love to do theater. — Brenda Blethyn
Brenda Blethyn Famous Quotes And Sayings
I think behind closed doors people behave differently no matter what period we're looking at, because people have to stand up straight in public but can slouch behind closed doors - can you imagine wearing those corsets? — Brenda Blethyn
Everyone the world over talks about British actors and British talent and I think that's because we were trained - until now - in theatre. — Brenda Blethyn
I've done a lot of costume drama and theatre - the National Theatre and In fact, most of my work at the theatre, at the National Theatre anyway, was period. — Brenda Blethyn
It's the same as any role and I find that you can't lump characters together; because they all have different life experiences, different reasons for being the way they are. — Brenda Blethyn
Life Lessons by Brenda Blethyn
- Brenda Blethyn's career demonstrates the importance of hard work and dedication - she worked her way up from small roles to become one of the most respected and successful actresses in the UK.
- Her success also highlights the importance of taking risks and trying new things - she has taken on a variety of roles in her career and has never been afraid to take on challenging roles.
- Finally, Blethyn's career is a reminder that talent and determination can take you far - she has achieved great success despite coming from a humble background.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Brenda Blethyn quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Brenda Blethyn to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Brenda Blethyn. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage