32+ Catharine MacKinnon Quotes On Education, Friendship And Feminist
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Catharine MacKinnon Quotes (BEST)
- Power is being able to say complete and utter nonsense and have it be believed, powerlessness is where no matter how much cogent evidence and proof one has, to not be believed.
- Postmodernism is an academic theory, originating in academia with an academic elite, not in the world of women and men, where feminist theory is rooted.
- Feminism, Socialism, and Communism are one in the same, and Socialist/Communist government is the goal of feminism.
- Empirically, all pornography is made under conditions of inequality based on sex, overwhelmingly by poor, desperate, homeless, pimped women who were sexually abused as children.
- Feminism is built on believing women's accounts of sexual use and abuse by men.
- Men, permitted to put words (and other things) in women's mouths, create scenes in which women desperately want to be bound, battered, tortured, humiliated, and killed.
- Women and men are divided by gender, made into the sexes as we know them, by the social requirements of heterosexuality, which institutionalizes male sexual dominance and female sexual submission.
- Sexuality is to feminism what work is to Marxism.
- You grow up with your father holding you down and covering your mouth so another man can make a horrible searing pain between your legs.
- So the idea that there is nothing essential, in the sense that there are no human universals, is dogma. Ask most anyone who is going to be shot at dawn.
Catharine MacKinnon Short Quotes
- Can postmodernism hold the perpetrators of genocide accountable?
- The unnamed should not be mistaken for the nonexistent.
- Law in the United States is at once a powerful medium and a medium for power.
- If pornography is part of your sexuality, then you have no right to your sexuality.
- People can find eroticism in relations with people whom they respect and whom they see as equals.
- In my opinion, no feminism worthy of the name is not methodologically post-marxist.
Catharine MacKinnon Quotes On Rape
Politically, I call it rape whenever a woman has sex and feels violated. — Catharine MacKinnon
Men who are in prison for rape think it's the dumbest thing that ever happened... they were put in jail for something very little different from what most men do most of the time and call it sex. The only difference is they got caught. It may also be true. — Catharine MacKinnon
Women are raped and coerced into sex. — Catharine MacKinnon
Catharine MacKinnon Famous Quotes And Sayings
Women are socially disadvantaged in controlling sexual access to their bodies through socialization to customs that define a woman's body as for sexual use by men. Sexual access is regularly forced or pressured or routinized beyond denial. — Catharine MacKinnon
If you want to know who is being hurt in this society, go see what is being done and to whom in pornography and then go look for them other places in the world. — Catharine MacKinnon
What postmodernism gives us instead is a multicultural defense for male violence - a defense for it wherever it is, which in effect is a pretty universal defense. — Catharine MacKinnon
The arena of logic was made by men for men; it was expressly founded on the exclusion of what is not male, as well as what is not Greek, not Christian, nor Western, not Aryan. — Catharine MacKinnon
In not having an appointment at Harvard, I'm in the company of a great many people whose work I admire tremendously, in particular women of color. — Catharine MacKinnon
In a society in which equality is a fact, not merely a word, words of racial or sexual assault and humiliation will be nonsense syllables. — Catharine MacKinnon
Stopped as attribute of a person, sex inequality takes the form of gender; moving as a relation between people, it takes the form of sexuality. Gender emerges as the congealed form of the sexualization of inequaltiy between men and women. — Catharine MacKinnon
Instead of being lionized and admired for her genius, instead of being able to earn a decent living as a writer, Andrea Dworkin was misrepresented and demonized. — Catharine MacKinnon
An individual's treatment and alternatives in life may depend as much on the reputation of the group to which that person belongs as on their own merit. — Catharine MacKinnon
It's mainly a few elite women who benefit greatly from standing with the forces that keep women down. — Catharine MacKinnon
Marxism teaches that exploitation and degradation somehow produce resistance and revolution. It's been hard to say why. What I've learned from women's experience with sexuality is that exploitation and degradation produce grateful complicity in exchange for survival. They produce self-loathing to the point of extinction of self, and it is respect for self that makes resistance conceivable. — Catharine MacKinnon
To be a prisoner means to be defined as a member of a group for whom the rules of what can be done to you, of what is seen as abuse of you, are reduced as part of the definition of your status. — Catharine MacKinnon
In all these situations, there was not enough violence against them to take it beyond the category of sex; they were not coerced enough. — Catharine MacKinnon
Life Lessons by Catharine MacKinnon
- Catharine MacKinnon taught us that we must be persistent and determined in our fight for equality and justice. She showed us that it is possible to make meaningful change in the world, no matter how long it takes.
- She also showed us that we must be willing to challenge the status quo and take a stand against oppressive systems and ideologies.
- Finally, Catharine MacKinnon taught us that we must be willing to speak out and use our voices to fight for what we believe in.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Catharine MacKinnon quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Catharine MacKinnon to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Catharine MacKinnon. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage