64+ Cyndi Lauper Quotes On Success, Tour And Johnny Carson
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Cyndi Lauper Quotes (BEST)
- When the working day is done, girls they just want to have fun.
- And I'll see your true colors shining through I see your true colors and that's why I love you so don't be afraid to let them show your true colors, true colors are beautiful like a RAINBOW.
- My torso is short, but my arms are really long and gangly and my legs and my neck, and my feet and hands are really long, and I look like a duck.
- It's a strange lesson to learn in life that your differences, the things that make you feel uncomfortable about yourself are what will help you to grow into who you are. Those are your gifts.
- Everyone—whether straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender—should be allowed to show their true colors, and be accepted and loved for who they are.
- Humour is a great vehicle for getting a message across. If you get too serious, you could die of starch.
- Some boys take a beautiful girl and hide her away from the rest of the world, I want to be the one to walk in the sun.
- If you want a strong society, it has to be inclusive. If you have to push a boulder up a hill, do you want 10 people or 100? If you weed out colour or gender, you get 10.
- You know, I do speak the Queens English. It's just the wrong Queens that's all. It's over the 59th Street Bridge. It's not over the Atlantic Ocean.
- I never had a rivalry with Madonna. You don't knock another sister, ever. There's room for everybody on this planet; you don't have to be like anyone else.
Cyndi Lauper Short Quotes
- If you have intercourse you run the risk of dying and the ramifications of death are final.
- What, do you think that feminism means you hate men?
- I've got a Grammy and Emmy, I'd like to have a Tony.
- Secrets stolen from deep inside....the drum beats out of time
- I lose faith and I lose ground, but then I see you and remember unconditional love.
- Just like I am obsessed with the history of fashion, I love reading about the history of makeup.
- I've been a diva since I was four.
- Mix sheer hypocrisy with mediocrity, You play it safe every time.
- When you become famous, they don't give you a handbook.
- If you fall, I will catch you. I will be waiting, time after time.
Cyndi Lauper Quotes On Life
If we truly want to end youth homelessness... then we have to invest in prevention and support communities as they work to implement these life-changing efforts. — Cyndi Lauper
When I sing I have a lot of visions. Like what's happening now in my life. — Cyndi Lauper
Before I became famous I had a very full life, and that gave me a lot to pick from. I always use everything. It always comes in handy. Working with animals... Well, I just enjoyed that. That was the most peaceful time. — Cyndi Lauper
Cyndi Lauper Quotes On Sing
I get the greatest feeling when I'm singing. It's other-worldly. Your feet are anchored into the Earth and into this energy force that comes up through your feet and goes up the top of your head and maybe you're holding hands with the angels or the stars, I have no idea. — Cyndi Lauper
Somebody did complain to me and tell me that my clothes were so loud they couldn't hear me sing. — Cyndi Lauper
People used to complain to me all the time, 'I can't even hear you sing because your clothes are so loud. — Cyndi Lauper
When I sing I don't feel like it's me. I feel I am fabulous, like I'm 10 feet tall. I am the greatest. I am the strongest. I am Samson. I'm whoever I want to be. — Cyndi Lauper
I knew Queen Elizabeth didn't do any laundry! I knew I wasn't going to be doing laundry. I was going to be singing. — Cyndi Lauper
Cyndi Lauper Famous Quotes And Sayings
I've always wondered what it would be like if somebody from outer space landed with three heads. Then all of a sudden everybody else wouldn't look so bad, huh? Well, OK you're a little different from me but, hey, ya got one head. — Cyndi Lauper
If you think you're hearing something and you can't think what it is. If you feel a quiet longing lift your heart into the wind. There you'll find my kindred spirit. There you'll meet me as a friend. It is just a kindred spirit and a song to let you in. — Cyndi Lauper
I don't know many people who don't have somebody in their family who's a part of the gay-lesbian-bisexual-transgender community. It's not like they're aliens or outsiders. This is family. — Cyndi Lauper
There's ageism in everything. I don't give a hoot. It isn't what other people think; it's what you think. But it's hard to come to terms with getting older. I admire people like Vivienne Westwood. — Cyndi Lauper
I have never been prouder to be a lifelong New Yorker than I am today with the passage of marriage equality. — Cyndi Lauper
There have been great things that happened to me. — Cyndi Lauper
When I got hoarse, the manager would say, 'Drink this. Joplin used to drink this,' and I used to say, 'Joplin? Joplin's dead. — Cyndi Lauper
Where I come from, if you see your family and friends' civil rights being taken away, you speak up and do everything you can to keep that from happening! — Cyndi Lauper
In the darkest place, shed the brightest light. — Cyndi Lauper
I have a hard time doing anything someone else tells me to do! I've always been driven to follow my own path and not be pushed down another lane because some executive thought I could be more commercially successful or whatever. — Cyndi Lauper
Everyone's gotta have a voice, to be able to speak out. Left supresses right, right supresses left, and what's left and what's right? You know? It's America. You gotta be able to speak out. That's why people came here from all over the world: to have a fair shake. Not more than somebody else - the same. — Cyndi Lauper
You know, I've been playing with my hair color ever since I was nine. — Cyndi Lauper
I learned jazz; that comes from blues. I learned rock; that comes from blues. I learned pop; that comes from blues. Even dance, that comes from blues, with the answer-and-response. — Cyndi Lauper
With fame, I'm able to create more. With every success, you have more freedom to create. — Cyndi Lauper
It is not a dirty word, "feminism." I just think that women belong in the human population with the same rights as everybody else... The problem is, "A feminist looks like this, or is like that." We are taught not to like ourselves as women, we are taught what we're supposed to look like, what our measurements are supposed to be. I never hear what measurements men are supposed to be. Just women. — Cyndi Lauper
Music, in its higher state, for me, is worth living and dying for. It's worth traipsing around the globe, it's worth the accolades and the other side of the accolades...I always have sung to the angels and the higher parts of people's souls. — Cyndi Lauper
When I perform on stage, I often pretend to be someone other than myself to bring a certain emotion or intent to a song. — Cyndi Lauper
God has more important things to worry about than who I sleep with. — Cyndi Lauper
Goonies are good enough, good enough for me — Cyndi Lauper
Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles. — Cyndi Lauper
My career never went like anyone else’s, so I never followed anyone. — Cyndi Lauper
I always sang. I wanted to be in a band with my sister, and I was, at 11. At 12, I started writing seriously, and that was my pacifier all through high school - that and painting. — Cyndi Lauper
People used to throw rocks at me for my clothes, now they wanna know where I buy them. — Cyndi Lauper
The more you practice and study, the better you are so I still practice and study all the time. — Cyndi Lauper
Fame doesn't redeem you. It takes a long time to get there, and when you're finally there, you realise you still have authority figures telling you what to do. — Cyndi Lauper
Your own shoes are hard enough to fill, but somebody else's are even tougher. — Cyndi Lauper
I'm in the business where you get the business all the time. — Cyndi Lauper
On my darkest days, I wear my brightest colors. — Cyndi Lauper
It's that anonymous person who meanders through the streets and feels what's happening there, feels the pulse of the people, who's able to create. — Cyndi Lauper
You can't make your kids what you want them to be. They are who they are and you have to help them to succeed in the world as best you can. — Cyndi Lauper
My music is about a joyful experience. I've learned that if you can affect other people, you should. — Cyndi Lauper
I wanna go south and get some more. Hey, they say that a stitch in time saves nine, they say I better stop or I'll go blind. — Cyndi Lauper
The '80s was a really creative and brave period. Remember, it was a period of ultraconservatism, and so you needed brave people to push ahead like that. — Cyndi Lauper
I do have a lot of difficulty figuring out what I want to be working on, but what's the alternative? To be one of those people who has a million things they want to do, and then never does any of them? And then where will you be? — Cyndi Lauper
My mother said I was a little odd as a kid. I was alone a lot, but I didn't feel alone. — Cyndi Lauper
You don't know where you belong... You need something to swear to, As you fol-low blindly along; You just need to belong somehow. — Cyndi Lauper
Life Lessons by Cyndi Lauper
- Cyndi Lauper has shown us that it is possible to break boundaries and challenge the status quo through her innovative and boundary-pushing music.
- She has also demonstrated the importance of standing up for what you believe in and using your platform to speak out for those who don't have a voice.
- Finally, she has shown us that it is possible to have a successful career in the music industry while staying true to yourself and your values.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Cyndi Lauper quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Cyndi Lauper to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Cyndi Lauper. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage