32+ Damian Marley Quotes On Reggae, Conscious And Uplifting
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Damian Marley Quotes (BEST)
- Did you know the pen is stronger than the knife: they can kill you once but they can't kill you twice.
- The average man can't prove most of the things that he chooses to speak of, and still won't research and find out the root of the truth that you seek of
- My father has been a voice of encouragement in times of desperation for so many people. But he died when I was so young that, for me, his music has been a way for me to get to know him better.
- Some boy nuh know dis, dem only come around like tourist. On the beach with a few club sodas. Bedtime stories, and pose like dem name Chuck Norris and don't know the real hardcore.
- Did you know that I exist before the earth and did you know my eyes are windows to the world.
- We take for granted electricity, water, even concerts. Count your blessings.
- Poverty breeds a lot of things. When people are desperate and trying to survive, they do drastic things.
- Did you know destruction of the soul is not the ending to life: Fear not of the Antichrist.
- Everything I've experienced, things that my friends have experienced and we talk about, things that are on the news - all aspects of life are in my message.
- Politicians need to stop the violence because it has become a way of life in Jamaica. It's the thing to do - be violent in Jamaica.
Damian Marley Short Quotes
- I would never say that being Bob Marley's son has been a pressure. It has been a door opener.
- When you do an album about Africa, you can't be too superficial.
- I used to buy records in high school. Mainly dancehall: Super Cat, Buju Banton.
- The victory's found in truth, like innocence found in youth Self defeat is your own dispute
- Music is an expression of what's inside of you. And that's how I make music.
- I record all night and sleep all day.
- Fear not of evil.. Everyday dem flesh it grow old Changes of the time take the toll.
- I'm a fan of hip hop music, so I always used a hip hop element in my music anyway.
- Every one of my father's songs is a lesson.
Damian Marley Famous Quotes And Sayings
Vexation of spirit is a waste of time Negative thinking, don't you waste your thoughts Verbal conflict is a waste of word Physical conflict is a waste of flesh People will always be who they want And that's what really makes the world go round Unconditional love is scarce. — Damian Marley
Body have to physically strong and sturdy. Spiritually balanced fi clean and purge me. Mentally advanced fi always urge me. Read a couple books and challenge the clergy. Read a couple psalms up in the morning early. — Damian Marley
Technology has changed things, same as everywhere. But the economy has changed drastically. When Jamaica first won independence, our dollar was stronger than the U.S. dollar. Now ours is about 90 to one. That's had a big impact on crime and poverty. — Damian Marley
The UK is one of the places that has always been an advocate of my music and I spend a lot of time touring here. I've got family and friends over here, but more than that, there's a large Jamaican community and the Jamaican culture is very widespread in the UK which I love. — Damian Marley
Nas is someone who can communicate with the streets and can still keep it real in terms of being human, he doesn't try to be this super perfect person, but has respect for his history and for his ancestors and for spirituality. So Nas always displayed that in his music, while at the same time keeping it hard and something that you can relate to. — Damian Marley
The UK crowds always have a lot of energy, and I've done some milestone shows there that I'm very proud of. — Damian Marley
I love hip-hop music, ... It's rebel music is how I like to speak about it. Hip-hop and reggae come from the same community as far as class...they both come from the bottom of society. — Damian Marley
Toasting is basically what you call rapping. It came off of playing the beats at the parties, however it be. You find a space in the beat, and you have somebody live just basically saying rhymes over the beat. — Damian Marley
Your body's just a vehicle, transporting the soul. It's what's inside of people, is beauty to behold. — Damian Marley
The greatest thing to me about Obama is not the individual, it does not have to do with Obama himself - it's really about the people who have elected Obama. It demonstrates that people are ready for change, and I think Obama knows that, because he really came up from the people, the young generation especially. He motivated a lot of African Americans who never voted before to go and vote. — Damian Marley
Music is not like sports, where you can go and do a hundred reps in a gym and come out and be all buffed up. — Damian Marley
I find it very fascinating that one person or a group of people can get together as a choir and come up with a song that ends up inspiring people to create emotions, love and togetherness. Communication, which comes from this idea that sparks off of humanity and becomes something that is cherished and loved by the people, is very fascinating to me. — Damian Marley
It's not like I go into the studio and say I'm going to try to make music to prove to somebody that I can make music. — Damian Marley
Life Lessons by Damian Marley
- Damian Marley's work emphasizes the importance of staying connected to your roots and culture, and the power of music to bring people together.
- He also encourages us to use our talents to make a positive impact on the world, and to use our music to spread messages of peace and unity.
- His work is a reminder that we can all make a difference in our communities and the world, no matter where we come from.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Damian Marley quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Damian Marley to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Damian Marley. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage