54+ Doris Day Quotes On Community, Peace And Eucharist
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Doris Day Quotes (BEST)
- I love to laugh.It's the only way to live. Enjoy each day-it's not coming back again!
- Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.
- I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source.
- Vulgarity begins when imagination succumbs to the explicit
- If it's true that men are such beasts, this must account for the fact that most women are animal lovers.
- Killing an animal to make a coat is sin. It wasn't meant to be, and we have no right to do it.
- When I see Liz Taylor with those Harry Winston boulders hanging from her neck I get nauseated. Not figuratively, but nauseated! All I can think of are how many dog shelters those diamonds could buy.
- Well I do find the beauty in animals. I find beauty everywhere. I find beauty in my garden.
- If I can do it, you can do it. Anybody can.
- A woman gains status when she refuses to see anything killed to be put on her back. Then she’s truly beautiful.
Doris Day Image Quotes
Vulgarity begins when imagination succumbs to the explicit — Doris Day
Doris Day Short Quotes
- If there is a heaven, I'm sure Rock Hudson is there because he was such a kind person.
- A person does not leave a good marriage for someone else.
- I had a wonderful family including my aunts, uncles and cousins but they've all gone to heaven.
- It has been said that the body is like an automobile - it's yours, but it isn't you.
- I have never found in a human being loyalty that is comparable to a dog's loyalty.
- I don't even like parties.
- You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.
- The happiest times in my life were the days when I was traveling with Les Brown and his band.
- Would you believe, I am still offered scripts and projects all the time?
- No matter what happens, if I get pushed down, I’m going to come right back up.
Doris Day Quotes On Love
I always felt that making a living wasn't the easiest thing in the world, and I decided I was going straight ahead and try to be as uncomplicated as possible. The important thing in life is just living and loving. — Doris Day
I love all the shows that encourage people to love, appreciate and help animals. There are more programs about animals than ever, and that pleases me. — Doris Day
I don't know if I want to get married again. — Doris Day
I am deeply grateful to the President and to my country. ... To come from Cincinnati, Ohio, for God's sake, then to go to Hollywood, and to get this kind of tribute from my country. ... I love this country so much. — Doris Day
If so many people love me, how come I'm alone? — Doris Day
I'm not going to go around with a long face - that's a waste of time — Doris Day
I've just always loved animals. — Doris Day
I like to sing love songs. — Doris Day
For every dollar spent on spaying and neutering now, $17 is saved and can be used for other community projects. We work with the animals and the people who love them. — Doris Day
Doris Day Quotes On Frightening
The really frightening thing about middle age is the knowledge that you'll grow out of it. — Doris Day
It is heartbreaking to see so many animals in distress through the Gulf Coast region. Many of them are frightened, confused, hungry, dehydrated and lost. — Doris Day
The really frightening thing about middle age is that you know you'll grow out of it! — Doris Day
Doris Day Quotes On Animal
I think everything in my life has led to my animal welfare work. — Doris Day
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. — Doris Day
I'm going to do as much as I can for the animal world, and I'll never stop. — Doris Day
Doris Day Famous Quotes And Sayings
I like joy; I want to be joyous; I want to have fun on the set; I want to wear beautiful clothes and look pretty. I want to smile and I want to make people laugh. And that's all I want. I like it. I like being happy. I want to make others happy. — Doris Day
Vulgarity begins when imagination succumbs to the explicit — Doris Day
It was the only ambition I ever had - not to be a dancer or Hollywood movie star, but to be a housewife in a good marriage. — Doris Day
When I recorded for Columbia, I could usually do anything in one take...I would invariably want to use the first take because that would be the one that was spontaneous and fresh. — Doris Day
If a man does something silly, people say, 'Isn't he silly?' If a woman does something silly, people say, 'Aren't women silly? — Doris Day
The succession of cheerful, period musicals I made, plus Oscar Levant's widely publicized remark about my virginity, contributed to what has been called my "image", which is a word that baffles me. There never was any intent on my part either in my acting or in my private life to create any such thing as an image. — Doris Day
in the press, my sex life was something else again. I was Lady Bountiful of the Sheets. Some of the best fiction of the Sixties was written about my amorous adventures with an assortment of lovers who could have only been chosen by a berserk random sampler. — Doris Day
I couldn't walk for almost three years. That was the greatest thing that happened. Instead of dancing, I sang. — Doris Day
I just feel so fortunate and so blessed to have been able to entertain people in the theatres and on record, it's just an amazing life that I've experienced. — Doris Day
Some of the downbeat pictures, in my opinion, should never be made at all. Most of them are made for personal satisfaction, to impress other actors who say "Oh, God! what a shot, what camera work!" But the average person in the audience, who bought his ticket to be entertained, doesn't see that at all. He comes out depressed. — Doris Day
if you play the numbers game and become obsessed with it, as so many in Hollywood are, sooner or later you have to face the depressing fact that if you are number one the only place you can go is down. — Doris Day
I always feel a rise in my scalp or in the backs of my wrists when something is special, whether it be a song or a man. — Doris Day
I had been involved in animal welfare groups, but DDAL presented an opportunity to actually create and pass legislation aimed at issues which really matter to so many people. From local spaying and neutering ordinances, to legislation against puppy mills, to standards to prevent animals from being tested for the sake of a new cosmetic, we could - and did - make a difference. — Doris Day
Almost all of "Julie" was shot on location in Carmel, which is a lovely resort town a little south of San Francisco. My co-star was Louis Jourdan, whom I liked very much. An amiable man, very gentle, very much interested in the people around him; we had a good rapport and I found talking to him a joy . . . We would take long walks on the beautiful Carmel beach, chatting by the hour. — Doris Day
I like Michael Buble. — Doris Day
I liked being married instead of the girl who's looking for a guy. — Doris Day
Older, younger, anyone can help. We've learned that our legislators listen, and people with passionate and thoughtful concerns make a difference every day. We've had constituents initiate legislation, lobby for it, organize meetings and events, and, of course, call, mail, e-mail and visit legislators to express their views. It's really great to see how much difference that individuals can make. — Doris Day
It's quite an experience to have filming done in your house. When they come in, they photograph every piece of furniture and where it is so they can get them back exactly where you had them. You'd never know they'd been here. — Doris Day
Your skin, and your whole body, goes into repair mode when you sleep. — Doris Day
The one radio voice that I listened to above others belonged to Ella Fitzgerald. There was a quality to her voice that fascinated me, and I'd sing along with her, trying to catch the subtle ways she shaded her voice, the casual yet clean way she sang the words. — Doris Day
Life Lessons by Doris Day
- Doris Day taught us to never give up on our dreams, no matter how difficult the journey may be. She persevered through many personal and professional challenges to become one of the most beloved actresses of all time.
- Day also showed us the importance of standing up for what you believe in and speaking out against injustice. She was a vocal advocate for animal rights and was a strong supporter of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Lastly, she demonstrated the power of kindness and compassion, always putting others before herself and showing us that even the smallest acts of kindness can have a huge impact.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Doris Day quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Doris Day to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Doris Day. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage