73+ George Strait Quotes On Texas, Country And Traditional
Quick Jump To
Top 10 George Strait Quotes (BEST)
- You will always be the miracle that makes my life complete. And as long as there is breath in me, I'll make yours just as sweet.
- She's a devil, she's an angel, she's a woman, she's a child. She's a heartache when she leaves you, but she'll leave you with a smile.
- From here on after let's stay the way we are right now. And share all the love and laughter that a lifetime will allow.
- I'm a country singer. I love all kinds of music, but country is where my loyalty lies. That's just me and what I do, and I'm not going to change it.
- In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine.
- You're the only one and only My heart's beating for I love you, need I say more
- You know, legends are people like Haggard and Jones and Wills and Sinatra. Those people are legends. I'm just a young buck out here trying to keep in that same circle with the rest of 'em.
- I'm the luckiest man alive, this is the best day of my life.
- I can only say thank you and thanks also to all of the great songwriters who wrote those wonderful songs that became number ones.
- All my Ex's live in Texas, and that's why I hang my hat in Tennessee.
George Strait Short Quotes
- I'm a religious person. I honestly believe we will see each other in heaven someday.
- On the Richter scale of love and romance, you've hit a twelve.
- I'm glad He had the never while staring into space, to give this universe a time and place.
- Do you love me, do you wanna be my friend?
- I think 'Beyond the Blue Neon' is the best I've ever done.
- In the beginning, I wanted to be successful. I wanted to make and have hit records.
- Sinatra, in my opinion, is possibly the greatest male singer of all time.
- If twang isn't what I do, I don't know what is.
- I listen to Mark Chestnutt and think he's a great singer - and he really does good material.
- You've got to keep the stage world and your real world separated or you're headed for trouble.
George Strait Quotes On Texas
I spend most of hunting season at the ranch. We all love to hunt whitetails, and we have a pretty good supply in South Texas. I also love to hunt elk in Arizona, mule deer in Utah, and I've been to Canada to hunt caribou. — George Strait
Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys are simply the best band that ever was. — George Strait
All my ex's live in Texas, And Texas is the place I'd dearly love to be, But all my ex's live in Texas, Therefore I reside in Tennessee — George Strait
I love to fish offshore for billfish, and have fished all over for them from the Bahamas, St. Thomas, Venezuela, Panama, Costa Rica, Mexico to the Texas gulf. I haven't made it to Australia yet, but someday I'm going. — George Strait
George Strait Quotes On Country
Cause I'm carryin' your love with me From West Virginia down to Tennessee I'll be movin' with the good lord speed, carryin' your love with me It's my strength for holdin' on Every minute that I have to be gone I'll have everything I'll ever need Carryin' your love with me — George Strait
I'm not out there trying to change the world. I'm just out there trying to sing country music the best way I can. — George Strait
I loved making Pure Country. It was a great learning experience for me, seeing another part of the entertainment industry. — George Strait
Country music is important to me, and I love it, but it's not my whole life. — George Strait
If it's a good song and it fits me, that's what I'm going to do, I'm not out there trying to change the world. I'm just out there trying to sing country music the best way I can. — George Strait
I discovered in college that country music could be fun adding some swing to it. — George Strait
I want to reach the point where people hear my name and immediately think of real country music. — George Strait
I got ex's all across the country and I owe everybody in town. I got bill collectors a callin' me up, and lawyers trying to track me down. — George Strait
You know, traditional country music is something that's going to be around forever. — George Strait
This is the kind of problem you want to have! Country radio has been great to me my whole career. I can't thank those folks enough. — George Strait
George Strait Quotes On Music
I've always liked Frank Sinata and Big Band music. — George Strait
Swing is my favorite kind of music. — George Strait
I don't think my music's as traditional as people make it out. — George Strait
Country music and just music in general really lost a great friend today. — George Strait
George Strait Quotes On Song
I'm always looking for great songs, and not being much of a songwriter, I depend on great songwriters to send them to me. I go through tons of stuff, and sometimes you just find material that kind of fits and becomes something special. — George Strait
You don't have to be a cheater to sing a cheatin' song, that's what I'm saying. — George Strait
I think the melody is the first time I hear in a song and if I like the melody, then I'll pay closer attention to the lyrics. — George Strait
Of all the songs I've recorded, 'Amarillo By Morning' always sticks out in my mind. — George Strait
I love the song 'El Rey.' And for years, I never knew what the song was totally about. It was something new for me. I'd never sung a song in Spanish before. Then I got the translation and saw what a really cool song it was. — George Strait
I get asked all the time, "What is a George Strait song?" I know it when I hear it. I don't seek a specific tempo or lyric or melody. It just has to make sense. Maybe it is natural because I was given the gift to sing. — George Strait
When I think about putting together an album, the process of listening to hundreds of songs each time and picking out the best 10 or so that will go on the record, it really sinks in as to just how many songs I've listened to all these years. — George Strait
I was a young troubadour when I rode in on a song. And, I'll be an old troubadour when I'm gone. — George Strait
George Strait Quotes On Feel
Even though I've been doing it for so long, I still feel fresh. Even when I walk out on stage, I still feel pretty much the same as I've always felt. — George Strait
I think that all my albums are different enough where I don't feel like I did this the last time. — George Strait
I didn't want to be 40 or 50 years old and still playing clubs, I didn't feel like I was making any progress, and I actually gave the band notice at one point. I began to have doubts about my abilities. — George Strait
George Strait Famous Quotes And Sayings
I used to do a lot of interviews in the early '80s, when my career started, but it came to a point when I decided I didn't want to talk anymore, and people kind of understood that and left me alone. — George Strait
My weakness for beautiful women is my most expensive vice, I still believe in matrimony, but I can't afford another try. — George Strait
I've been blessed with the ability to sing, and that has taken me so many places I never would have gone otherwise. — George Strait
If you start out trying to achieve a specific thing - like doing stadium shows or going into the studio and doing an album - the end result is what counts. — George Strait
I like the part where you walk up on the stage and you're up there for the show. I like that part. — George Strait
I remember old Elvis when he forgot to remember to forget. — George Strait
As we look into the future, it's as far as we can see. So let's make each tomorrow be the best that it can be. — George Strait
Let me tell you a secret about a father's love,/A secret that my daddy said was just between us.”/He said, “Daddies don't just love their children every now and then./It's a love without end, amen, it's a love without end, amen. — George Strait
I just continue to look for different material, great material, as good as I can find, and try to go in there and do as good a job as I can do in making it a record. That's all you can expect. That's all that you can do. — George Strait
I'm not the hero who will always save the day, don't always wear a white hat, don't always know the way. I may not even be the dream you wanted to come true, but I'll always be the man in love with you. — George Strait
You can lead a heart to love, but you can't make it fall. — George Strait
I get asked sometimes 'What's the highlight of my career?' because I've been doing it for so long, and I always have a hard time coming up with something, because so many good things have happened. — George Strait
My son had toyed with the idea of writing and trying to write a little bit, so that kind of gave me the bug to write also. — George Strait
I should have checked the price tag before I gave them my last name. — George Strait
I ain't rich, but Lord I'm free. Amarillo by morning, Amarillo is where I'll be. — George Strait
I always enjoy it when I walk on stage. There were some times when I was working so much in the '80s, and I felt really burnt-out. But I'd be up there singing and not be 10,000 million miles away, you know, just opening my mouth and the words coming out. — George Strait
The almighty dollar and the lust for world wide fame, slowly killed tradition, and for that someone should hang. — George Strait
I like people who are loyal to me, and I like to be loyal, too. — George Strait
In the beginning, I wanted to be successful. I wanted to make and have hit records. And I wanted everything that went along with it. — George Strait
Life's not breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away. — George Strait
I need someone like me. — George Strait
I've had great fans, and they've been so loyal over the years. — George Strait
I'm not here for a long time. I'm here for a short time — George Strait
We work hard when we're in the studio, but then when we take our breaks, we walk outside and look around. — George Strait
Life Lessons by George Strait
- George Strait's work teaches us the importance of staying true to yourself and your roots. He has remained true to his country sound throughout his career, even when other genres have become popular.
- His work also shows us the power of hard work and dedication. Despite the changing music industry, he has remained a successful artist for over 40 years.
- Finally, George Strait's work is a reminder that you don't have to compromise your values or beliefs to be successful. He has stayed true to his values while still achieving success.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of George Strait quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about George Strait to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by George Strait. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage