32+ Joe Greene Quotes On Education, Sports And Football
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Joe Greene Quotes (BEST)
- They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're champs, so bring'em on, bring'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight.
- When you think of me as a football player, I would like for people to think that I put it on the line every time. Good or bad, win or lose, I put it on the line.
- The zone is a place that you rarely visit. It's not some place you go every week. The zone is sacred ground.
- You have to make it happen.
- For a football coach, there's nothing that matches the pain of a team not playing up to its capabilities.
- You can go to the bank and borrow money, but you can't go to the bank and borrow a Super Bowl ring. The ring is like a crown.
- Donald Evans is a favorite person of mine. His worth ethic, his attitude and his dedication really set him apart.
- Everyone knows the presidential candidates and has an opinion about them. But as you get to smaller races, that evaporates and you can win through sheer elbow grease.
- At 1970 rates of production, Canada's reserves represent 923 years supply for oil and 392 years for gas
- I was depressed. I was just depressed. I did not want to be a Pittsburgh Steeler because I knew of the record.
Joe Greene Quotes On Football
I never had a desire to hurt anybody. — Joe Greene
I do play football no-holds-barred. Any edge I can get, I'll take. I'd grab a face mask only in a fit of anger. Uncontrolled anger is damn near insane. — Joe Greene
It brought Pittsburgh into the picture of football teams in the National Football League that, ‘OK, you have to deal with us now.’ — Joe Greene
When you win and you don't have anyone to share it with, why win? You have someone to share it with you. — Joe Greene
I believe in being positive. — Joe Greene
Joe Greene Famous Quotes And Sayings
As I and the rest of my Pittsburgh Steelers teammates prepared that week in late December 1974, we knew one thing: The road to the Super Bowl in the AFC went through Oakland. To achieve your dreams as a team, you had to slay the Oakland Raiders. They were the barometer of what it took to be a championship team. — Joe Greene
I was quitting…As I was taking those steps I was saying, ‘Somebody please stop me.’ Lionel Taylor, our receivers coach, said, ‘Hold up a minute,’ and he sat down in the car and we talked. I don’t know what we talked about but I was glad we talked because I went back. And that’s when it started. — Joe Greene
Winning the Super Bowl was obviously a great one, but the joy I felt of going to the Super Bowl, it was what I felt about the Pittsburgh Steelers and where we came from, the history of us to that point. — Joe Greene
Altruism is one of the most fundamentally social impulses, and doing things for others without expecting anything in return is core to what makes us human. This is why, from the day Facebook Platform launched in 2007, Causes has been honored to be one of the most popular applications, with over 140 million users. — Joe Greene
When all is said and done and the e-book is written about politics and the Internet, it is not going to be about the presidential election. It will be about the smaller elections in aggregate that have a huge effect on people's lives. — Joe Greene
Causes was founded with the mission of empowering anyone to change the world. Our model is based upon the belief that everyone has the power to have an outsized impact on the world by banding together with other like-minded individuals, taking direct action, and inspiring their friends and their friends' friends to join in. — Joe Greene
The Internet has brought democracy to so many other things. It's about time the Internet brought democracy to democracy. — Joe Greene
Love yourself and realize that whatever you attempt to achieve in Life is a direct reflection of you. — Joe Greene
Without social networks, you're not the coolest thing on the Christmas list, and you're not getting any bite. — Joe Greene
Grassroots organizing tends to be most available to big campaigns, but it's actually most useful to small ones. You can't win a presidential campaign without going on TV, but you can win a local election simply by organizing your community. NationBuilder levels the playing field. — Joe Greene
If you had told me when I was at high school that one day I would be working for a for-profit company, let alone running one, I would have said you were crazy. But I am interested in how you can empower individuals to make change, and Causes is doing just that. — Joe Greene
People can care about changing the world. But what gets them to act is pressure and social reward. — Joe Greene
Even when I was playing, I never thought much about the individual honors. I wanted to go to the Super Bowl. — Joe Greene
Remember all of the 'me too' social networks built just to have a social feature Facebook and MySpace didn't have? I built one for political discussion called Essembly. It enabled unique and potentially transformative social interactions, but only 20,000 people ever used it. — Joe Greene
Going after the QB is like playing king of the mountain. When you get the QB, you're on top of the mountain. — Joe Greene
Whatever you think of Facebook, you cannot fault it for lack of ambition. — Joe Greene
The way to get people civically engaged, not just during the election but throughout the year, is to tap into Facebook and let them do it with their friends. — Joe Greene
Life Lessons by Joe Greene
- Joe Greene taught us to never give up, no matter how hard the situation. He persevered through adversity and eventually became one of the greatest football players of all time.
- Joe Greene also taught us the importance of hard work and dedication. He worked hard and put in the extra effort to become the best player he could be.
- Finally, Joe Greene showed us the importance of having a positive attitude. He always remained optimistic and kept a good attitude, even in the face of adversity.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Joe Greene quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Joe Greene to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Joe Greene. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage