55+ Kenny Rogers Quotes On Education, Kindness And Play
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Kenny Rogers Quotes (BEST)
- Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.
- Youth is a frame of mind. If you get out there and enjoy it, you can have it at any time of your life.
- With all my heart, and all my soul, I will love you till the winds don't blow. Until the oceans turn to stone, my love is yours and yours alone. My love is forever, until forever's gone.
- Friendships come and go, but families are forever.
- I do ballads that say what every man wants to say and that every woman wants to hear, or I do songs about social issues.
- There has to be chemistry in a duet, but if you go beyond the point of friendship and attraction, you lose something.
- Growing older is not upsetting; being perceived as old is.
- It won't mean you're weak if you turn the other cheek.
- You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille, with four hungry children and a crop in the field.
- There is a trade off - as you grow older you gain wisdom but you lose spontaneity.
Kenny Rogers Short Quotes
- If I could undo what's been done, But I guess everyone is living, With water and bridges.
- I never had a doubt in my mind. I always knew that, with the right material, I could pop a hit.
- I've always said music should make you laugh, make you cry or make you think.
- The Hall of Fame is forever, baby!
- Sometimes you've got to fight when your a man.
- If you want people to know what your message is, just sing it.
- It's not all wet towels and naked women. I was so disappointed to learn that.
- I've always said that gray hair looks good on everybody but yourself. To me, it makes me look old.
- I was raised in the church.
- The music business is strictly business.
Kenny Rogers Quotes On Love
Daytime friends and night time lovers, hoping that no one else discovers. — Kenny Rogers
So sweep away the sand an' dry the ocean, an' just pack the moon an' stars up in a cardboard box. And stop the clouds from chimin', block the sun from shinin',an' paint the sky a deeper shade of blue, 'cause my world's over without you. — Kenny Rogers
I love Viagra. I don't need it, but I tried it. It's a great legal drug. — Kenny Rogers
My mom loved to sing - and I'll go on record and say she was the worst singer ever. I'd get up and move away from her! — Kenny Rogers
There's a new hit rock group or singer every five minutes, but with country music, you have one hit and those people love you forever. — Kenny Rogers
Kenny Rogers Quotes On Play
My music was my life, and it played a large part in my inability to sustain relationships. — Kenny Rogers
It is difficult to get played at my age on the radio. — Kenny Rogers
I think it's fun to play for people who don't know what you do. — Kenny Rogers
Kenny Rogers Quotes On Walk
You've got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em know when to walk away, know when to run. — Kenny Rogers
You gotta know when to hold'em, know when to foldem, know when to walk away, know when to run. You never count your money when you're sittin at the table, there'll be time enuff for countin' when the dealin's done. — Kenny Rogers
I have awards right now that I do not remember walking on stage to get. — Kenny Rogers
Kenny Rogers Famous Quotes And Sayings
I still like going on the road and performing, but it's getting tougher. I try to have my wife and the twins with me but it's getting harder and harder for them. They need to be in a home environment and not traveling with me. — Kenny Rogers
The first six years of my career, I got more comments on my weight than on my singing. So I think I became so self-conscious that I started working on it harder. — Kenny Rogers
I'm so totally future oriented that, for me, I don't know what the future's about, but I can promise you it's gonna be exciting. — Kenny Rogers
I just hope I can spread some of the happiness that's been coming my way. — Kenny Rogers
George Jones will always be one of the most amazing singers who ever lived. He was a true Country Music legend who made music very personal to the listener – I think more than anyone else. He will be dearly missed, but always remembered. — Kenny Rogers
I think when you're in the public eye, you feel a pressure to stay younger looking. — Kenny Rogers
Stay away from trouble when you can. — Kenny Rogers
If someone asks you to run the 100 yard dash as fast as you can, you'll run the 100 dash as fast as you think you can. But if you put someone along side you who runs a little faster, you are going to run faster - whoa - I better step it up a little bit. I do things even I didn't know I was capable of. — Kenny Rogers
You know, when you're poor and you have a bunch of kids in your family, you don't know that everybody's not poor. — Kenny Rogers
You can't make old friends. You either have them or you don't. — Kenny Rogers
Radio is aimed at the 30-year-old market, so you have to have great music and appeal to get that age group. And you need a record company to believe in you. It's like a bit of the perfect storm. — Kenny Rogers
I'm much more comfortable singing than talking. — Kenny Rogers
Don't be afraid to give up the good for the great. — Kenny Rogers
He said, Son, I've made a life out of readin' people's faces, and knowin' what their cards were by the way they held their eyes. — Kenny Rogers
Here's what I've learned about raising boys... if you keep 'em busy, they're fine. You let 'em get bored, they'll dismantle your house board by board. — Kenny Rogers
People will clap to be nice. They will not laugh to be nice. — Kenny Rogers
Music is what I am, everything else is what I do. — Kenny Rogers
There'll be time enough for counting when the dealing's done. — Kenny Rogers
We did some massive flirting in front of the nation, but there was never anything more than that. — Kenny Rogers
I had holes in my jeans well before it was fashionable. — Kenny Rogers
Well, I don't think everything necessarily that I touch turns to gold, but I think I get great joy out of it regardless of whether it is successful or not. — Kenny Rogers
You know, I've always said, I've never felt I was a particularly good singer, but I've always thought I had a great knack for picking hit songs. — Kenny Rogers
You know, I think the greatest gift in the world is a good employee, you know, or people who can do your work for you and do it well the way you'd like to have it done. And I've always been able to surround myself with really good people. — Kenny Rogers
I feel like I learn something from everything I do. — Kenny Rogers
Life Lessons by Kenny Rogers
- Life is full of ups and downs, and it is important to stay humble and take risks in order to succeed. Kenny Rogers taught us to never give up and to always look for the silver lining in any situation.
- Kenny Rogers also taught us to be kind and generous, and to always treat others with respect. His music often focuses on themes of love, friendship, and family.
- Finally, Kenny Rogers' music encourages us to live life to the fullest and to never take anything for granted. He reminds us to appreciate the small moments and to make the most of every opportunity that comes our way.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Kenny Rogers quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Kenny Rogers to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Kenny Rogers. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage