35+ Pearl Bailey Quotes On Culture, Carol Burnett And Ed Sullivan
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Pearl Bailey Quotes (BEST)
- What the world really needs is more love and less paper work.
- You never find yourself until you face the truth.
- I never really look for anything. What God throws my way comes. I wake up in the morning and whichever way God turns my feet, I go.
- Everybody wants to do something to help, but nobody wants to be the first.
- A man without ambition is dead. A man with ambition but no love is dead. A man with ambition and love for his blessings here on earth is ever so alive.
- The sweetest joy, the wildest woe is love.
- The first and worst of all frauds is to cheat one's self. All sin is easy after that.
- You cannot belong to anyone else until you belong to yourself.
- There is a way to look at the past. Don't hide from it. It will not catch you -- if you don't repeat it.
- People see God every day, they just don't recognize Him.
Pearl Bailey Short Quotes
- Do not worry about whether or not the sun will rise. Be prepared to enjoy it.
- A crown, if it hurts us, is not worth wearing.
- To talk to someone who does not listen is enough to tense the devil.
- When you're young, the silliest notions seem the greatest achievements.
- Fate carries its own clock.
- I tell stories to music and, thank God, in tune.
- I discuss humanity and not races.
- You can taste a word.
- I never ask myself how I do what I do. After all, how does it rain?
- How can you give a man a room in a house and not let him come through the front door?
Pearl Bailey Quotes On Love
The sweetest joy, the wildest woe is love. What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork. — Pearl Bailey
Children, you must remember something. A man without ambition is dead. A man with ambition but no love is dead. A man with ambition and love for his blessings here on earth is ever so alive. — Pearl Bailey
I see their souls, and I hold them in my hands, and because I love them they weigh nothing. — Pearl Bailey
The deed of love is stronger than words — Pearl Bailey
Pearl Bailey Quotes On Life
There's a period of life when we swallow a knowledge of ourselves and it becomes either good or sour inside. — Pearl Bailey
There is a period of life when we swallow knowledge of ourselves and it becomes either good or sour inside. — Pearl Bailey
Sometimes I would almost rather have people take away years of my life than take away a moment. — Pearl Bailey
Pearl Bailey Famous Quotes And Sayings
There are two kinds of talent, man-made talent and God-given talent. With man-made talent you have to work very hard. With God-given talent, you just touch it up once in a while. — Pearl Bailey
My kitchen is a mystical place, a kind of temple for me. It is a place where the surfaces seem to have significance, where the sounds and odors carry meaning that transfers from the past and bridges to the future. — Pearl Bailey
There is a way to look at the past. Don't hide from it. It will not catch you if you don't repeat it. — Pearl Bailey
I don't like to say that my kitchen is a religious place, but I would say that if I were a voodoo priestess, I would conduct my rituals there. — Pearl Bailey
The fact is that it takes more than ingredients and technique to cook a good meal. A good cook puts something of himself into the preparation - he cooks with enjoyment, anticipation, spontaneity, and he is willing to experiment. — Pearl Bailey
Sometimes you think the whole world is falling, and it's only yourself that's leaning. — Pearl Bailey
The way we're going to get to understanding is for each man to open his heart and open his mind and look in himself as he looks at his neighbor. — Pearl Bailey
I hate labels, and I wear no labels. When a man has to put something around his neck and say I am, he isn't. — Pearl Bailey
Life Lessons by Pearl Bailey
- Pearl Bailey taught us to never give up on our dreams, no matter how hard the journey may seem. She showed us that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
- She also taught us to be kind and generous to those around us, and to always be willing to lend a helping hand.
- Lastly, Pearl Bailey showed us the importance of staying true to ourselves and never compromising our values and beliefs.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Pearl Bailey quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Pearl Bailey to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Pearl Bailey. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage