28+ Rick Danko Quotes On Band, Death And Waiting
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Rick Danko Quotes (BEST)
- Also a portion of my sales go directly to Greenpeace.
- As time goes on we get closer to that American Dream of there being a pie cut up and shared. Usually greed and selfishness prevent that and there is always one bad apple in every barrel.
- When I used to play nightclubs, you had to play Top 40 or favorite oldies that maybe people could relate to.
- When I was a kid a growing up in Ontario, Canada, Lake Erie was so polluted, I never thought it would ever, EVER be turned around where they could start cleaning it out in my lifetime!
- I am using soybean based ink, which is recyclable.
- After convincing myself that was maybe you should at least help out your neighborhood, I really started to think about it later on in life.
- I like a lot of bass players. I like a lot of tuba players too.
- I love to play; a stage is a safe place for me to be. It's not that way for most folks, but I'd be lost without it.
- You put a song on the record or on tape and you stop singing it. You just don't sit around and sing it anymore unless you're performing. That's kind of sad.
- The Band was always famous for its retirements; we'd go and play and get a little petty cash together, and then not see each other till it was time to fill our pockets up again.
Rick Danko Short Quotes
- I'm here in the mountains, in the foothills of the Catskills.
- When I was younger, I had big visions of changing the world.
- He was a 'how' thinker, not an 'if' thinker.
- My first payback to society in life, was The Dolphin Project.
- When CD technology first came out, it was just so much waste.
- God don't like complaints.
Rick Danko Quotes On Band
Paul Butterfield and I had a band together at one point. — Rick Danko
The Band is sounding real good. We've been doing some dates together and they've been going well. — Rick Danko
You have to remember the band played from 1960 to 1965, every night. You get into a rut playing nightclubs every night, and you didn't want to run it into the ground. — Rick Danko
Rick Danko Famous Quotes And Sayings
Then, there was Greenpeace, I remember that when they first started out with the boats in the waters, and the guys in the boats between the whales and the boats that will hunting the whales with spear guns. — Rick Danko
Country artists, I met a lot of them when I was five, six years old. I had an uncle who was a country and western singer and I met Lefty Frizzell when I was five or six years old in those shows that would come through Toronto from Nashville. — Rick Danko
I saw Ronnie Hawkins play near my hometown, Port Dover, Ontario, and I saw him play there on New Year's Eve and the following spring I booked myself to be his opening act on maybe five shows, and he hired me after the first night. — Rick Danko
I grew up not far from where Motown was founded, maybe 300 miles from Detroit and I've always liked - I used to like the way they made records. I still do, I just haven't had a chance to hear as much. They used to entertain me. — Rick Danko
By doing something positive in this world, you're helping people and the future. We're all trying to help the world... make it a better place to live. We're actually still changing the world, aren't we? — Rick Danko
Go with your first thoughts; they're usually your best thoughts. Pay attention, stick to your goals and follow those guidelines. It's all right there if you reach for it, unless you want to punch timeclocks and work for somebody. That's what we liked about America, the land of opportunity. All your dreams can come true. — Rick Danko
Getting older, I realize I've had a very fortunate life. I've had a budget that's allowed me to do just about any silly little thing the mind could conjure up, and I'm still alive and here. — Rick Danko
I started working with Bob in 1965. We did go through a lot of changes from 65 to 74, a lot of changes. By 1974, everything had straightened itself out. — Rick Danko
The pressures, I don't really like to think about the pressures, I like to solve them, you know what I mean. I could sit here and complain about pressures but nobody wants to hear about pressures. — Rick Danko
Life Lessons by Rick Danko
- Rick Danko's work demonstrates the importance of collaboration and teamwork in creating great music. He was a founding member of The Band, and his work with the group showed the power of collective creativity.
- Danko's work also emphasizes the importance of passion and dedication in pursuing a creative career. He was a tireless performer and songwriter who continued to make music until his death in 199
- Finally, Danko's work serves as a reminder of the importance of staying true to one's own musical style. He was a master of blending genres and creating unique musical hybrids, and his influence can still be heard in many modern artists.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Rick Danko quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Rick Danko to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Rick Danko. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage