25+ Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Quotes On Education, Teacher And Teachers
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Quotes (BEST)
- God lives, feels and suffers in every one of us, and in course of time, His attributes, knowledge, beauty and love will be revealed in each of us.
- The true teachers are those who help us think for ourselves.
- Instead of celebrating my birthday, it would be my proud privilege if 5 September is observed as Teachers' Day.
- True religion is a revolutionary force: it is an inveterate enemy of oppression, privilege, and injustice.
- Love thy neighbor as thyself because you are your neighbor. It is illusion that makes you think that your neighbor is someone other than yourself.
- The ultimate self is free from sin, free from old age, free from death and grief, free from hunger and thirst, which desires nothing and imagines nothing.
- Just as the Atman (Soul) is the reality underlying the conscious powers of an individual, so the Supreme Soul (God) is the eternal quiet underneath the drive and activity of the universe.
- When we think we know we cease to learn.
- It is not God that is worshipped but the group or authority that claims to speak in His name. Sin becomes disobedience to authority not violation of integrity.
- Religion is behavior and not mere belief.
Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Famous Quotes And Sayings
It is the intense spirituality of India, and not any great political structure or social organisation that it has developed, that has enabled it to resist the ravages of time and the accidents of history. — Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
The self (Soul) is the constant-witness consciousness. Through all months, seasons and years, through all divisions of time, the past, present and future the consciousness remains one and self luminous. It neither rises nor sets. The ultimate self is free from sin, free from old age, free from death and grief, free from hunger and thirst, which desires nothing and imagines nothing. — Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
Hinduism is not just a faith. It is the union of reason and intuition that can not be defined but is only to be experienced. Evil and error are not ultimate. There is no Hell, for that means there is a place where God is not, and there are sins which exceed his love. — Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
God is the Soul of all souls - The Supreme Soul - The Supreme Consciousness. — Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
The worst sinner has a future, even as the greatest saint has had a past. No one is so good or bad as he imagines. — Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
Into the bosom of the one great sea Flow streams that come from the hills on every side, Their names are various as their springs And thus in every land do men bow down To one great God, though known by many names. — Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
Samskrit has moulded the minds of our people to the extent to which they themselves are not conscious. Samskrit literature is national in one sense, but its purpose has been universal. That was why it commanded the attention of people who were not followers of a particular culture. — Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
Before we can build a stable civilization worthy of humanity as a whole, it is necessary that each historical civilization should become conscious of its limitations and it's unworthiness to become the ideal civilization of the world. — Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
My ambition is not only to chronicle but to interpret and reveal the movement of the mind and unfold the sources of India in the profound plane of human nature. — Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
Man is a paradoxical being - the constant glory and scandal of this world. — Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
We need not seek a cause or a motive or a purpose for that which is, in its nature, eternally self-existent and free. — Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
His essential nature is sat-chit-ananda: (Sat) Absolute Being - He encompasses everything because there is nothing outside of him; (Chit) Absolute Consciousness - He is the complete consciousness — Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
Homeopathy did not merely seek to cure a disease but treated a disease as a sign of disorder of the whole human organism. This was also recognized in the Upanishad which spoke of human organs as combination of body mind and spirit. Homoeopathy would pay an important part in the Public Health of the country along with other systems. Medical facilities in India are so scanty that Homoeopathy can confidently visualize a vast field of expansion. — Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
Hinduism is wholly free from the strange obsession of some faiths that the acceptance of a particular religious metaphysics is necessary for salvation, and non-acceptance thereof is a heinous sin meriting eternal punishment in hell. — Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
The word Atman (Soul) means the "breath of life". Atman is the principle of man's life, the Soul that pervades his being, his breath, his intellect and transcends them. Atman is what remains when everything that is not the self is eliminated. It is the unborn and immortal element in man, which is not to be confused with body, mind or intellect. — Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
Life Lessons by Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan taught us the importance of education and the power of knowledge. He believed that education was the key to creating a better world and encouraged everyone to pursue knowledge.
- He also showed us the importance of humility and service to others. He was known for his humility and dedication to the people of India, and he inspired many to follow his example.
- Finally, he taught us the importance of tolerance and understanding. He was a strong advocate of peace and understanding between people of different backgrounds and beliefs, and he worked to promote harmony in India and abroad.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage