24+ Skitch Henderson Quotes On Skits, Soul And Jazz
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Skitch Henderson Quotes (BEST)
- I also work with the regular orchestras in Munich, Germany and other similar orchestras.
- Although we are being presented in Carnegie Hall, we have to furnish a budget for our guest stars, and for the music writing - which is a huge budget in any orchestra that plays popular music.
- I started off as a studio pianist in Hollywood.
- Then I went to radio with Sinatra and I watched that disappear.
- I've watched the demise of the Hollywood orchestra, the house orchestras of the big studios.
- And then I went into television; and then television moved from the East Coast to Hollywood.
- I grew up on film scores and scores from films.
- You can tell by the applause: There's perfunctory applause, there's light applause, and then there's real applause. When it's right, applause sounds like vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce.
- That was probably the stamp that went into my mind, because I worked in television for many years, doing that kind of music, so that really was my strong forte.
- Symphonic orchestras have almost become a glut in the market.
Skitch Henderson Short Quotes
- I think my favorite experience is whatever I'm doing now.
- Well, I worked with lots of different artists, of course.
- But I listen to everything, I listen to all artists that come along.
- Do, What you're going to do in longevity. Not just what happens tomorrow.
- I had had a classical education prior to that.
- I listen to everything.
- In a way, yes, because I was starting something fresh, and it was something totally independent.
Skitch Henderson Quotes On Business
I worked with practically everybody in the business in all of the years in NBC, but I worked personally many years with people like Crosby and Sinatra, so of course that was a great ground school for me. — Skitch Henderson
Well, in our business, it's a very tough profession. — Skitch Henderson
I recorded with Sinatra, but the recording business is a very strange strata right now. — Skitch Henderson
We try to say it's creative and in a manner it is creative, but it is a business, because today, with the cost factor in crossing the boundaries that you do. — Skitch Henderson
If you don't operate it as a business, you aren't going to be around very long. — Skitch Henderson
Skitch Henderson Famous Quotes And Sayings
While there used to be one or two Pops orchestras, now there are all kinds of European orchestras that suddenly look upon this as a golden wand that can enable them to make money recording this music. — Skitch Henderson
We do a lot of light classical programming with that, too... obviously... a lot of Tchaikovsky music, Grieg, things like that which have become less classical with classical concerts. — Skitch Henderson
Life Lessons by Skitch Henderson
- Skitch Henderson's work demonstrates the importance of having a passion for music and the dedication needed to achieve success.
- He also showed the value of collaboration and working with others to create something bigger than yourself.
- Lastly, his work serves as an example of how music can bring people together and create a sense of joy and community.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Skitch Henderson quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Skitch Henderson to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Skitch Henderson. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage