83+ Solomon Quotes On Wisdom, Happiness And Beauty
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Solomon Quotes (BEST)
- Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.
- A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
- Words kill, words give life; they're either poison or fruit--- YOU choose.
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
- Love is as strong as death; its jealousy as unyielding as the grave. It burns like a blazing fire; like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love, rivers cannot wash it away
- The lesser of two evils is still evil.
- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.
- Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning.
- As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.
- I have found the one whom my soul loves.
Solomon Short Quotes
- The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him.
- There is a time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance.
- The slacker does not plow during planting season; at harvest time he looks, and there is nothing.
- Of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
- Give me the gift of a listening heart.
- A righteous man hates lying, But a wicked man is loathsome and comes to shame.
- A wise son makes a glad father, But a foolish son is the grief of his mother.
- Sorrow is better than laughter; for, by the sadness of the countenance, the heart is made better.
- Listen to your father who begot you, And do not despise your mother when she is old.
- For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.
Solomon Quotes On Love
Comfort me with apples, for I am sick of love. — Solomon
Better is a dinner of herbs where love is than a fattened ox and hatred with it. — Solomon
As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters. As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. — Solomon
Love is strong as the Death; jealousies are as cruel as the tomb. — Solomon
Solomon Quotes On Life
The tongue has the power of life and death. — Solomon
If you are honest, you will live life safely. But if you are dishonest, you will get hurt. — Solomon
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. — Solomon
He mocks proud mockers but gives grace to the humble. from the Book of Proverbs — Solomon
Solomon Quotes On Wisdom
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. She is more precious than rubies, and all the things that can be compared unto her. — Solomon
Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it. — Solomon
In much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. — Solomon
If you desire wisdom like money and buried treasures, then you'll find it! — Solomon
Fools despise wisdom and instruction. — Solomon
I set my mind to seek and explore by wisdom concerning all that has been done under heaven. It is a grievous task which God has given to the sons of men to be afflicted with. — Solomon
He that walketh with wise men shall be wise. — Solomon
Happy are those who find wisdom... She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her. Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. — Solomon
Solomon Quotes On Wealth
Riches are a stronghold in the imagination of a rich man. — Solomon
Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth. — Solomon
One man pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth. — Solomon
Under the Sun the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor wealth to the intelligent, nor success to the skillful, but time and chance govern all. For man does not know his time. — Solomon
Solomon Quotes On Riches
A good name is rather to be chosen than riches. — Solomon
The rich is the one that rules over those of little means, and the borrower is servant to the man doing the lending. — Solomon
To gain riches is wise; to pay for riches with happiness is foolish. — Solomon
Solomon Famous Quotes And Sayings
Two are better than one,because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, the one will lif' up his fellow, but woe to him that is alone when he falleth, for he hath not another to help him up. — Solomon
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. — Solomon
It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter. — Solomon
Have you beheld a man skillful in his work? Before kings is where he will station himself; he will not station himself before commonplace men. — Solomon
Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad. — Solomon
A soft answer breaks the rage, a tough answer encourage the fury. — Solomon
My beloved is mine and I am his. — Solomon
What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun — Solomon
The discretion of a man makes him slow to anger. It is his glory to overlook an offense. — Solomon
One who is slow to anger is better than the mighty; one who rules his spirit, than he who takes a city. — Solomon
A wise person will listen and take in more instruction. — Solomon
A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left. — Solomon
If you see oppression of the poor, and justice and righteousness trampled in a country, do not be astounded. — Solomon
Jealousy is cruel as a tomb, its embers are embers of fire. — Solomon
For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. — Solomon
I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there. — Solomon
Jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame. [Therefore do not compare your lot with another's lest you see their advantages and lose the joy of what you already have.] — Solomon
The man who walks with wise men becomes wise himself. — Solomon
Answer not a fool according to his folly,lest thou also be like unto him. — Solomon
Answer a fool according to his folly, Lest he be wise in his own eyes. — Solomon
The desire, which is accomplished, is sweet to the soul. — Solomon
The sleep of a laboring man is sweet. — Solomon
In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider. — Solomon
Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. — Solomon
All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full. — Solomon
He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm. — Solomon
Better is the man of humble standing that works for himself than one who plays the great man but lacks bread. — Solomon
Kindness and faithfulness keep a king safe, through kindness his throne is made secure. — Solomon
From the fruit of his lips a man enjoys good things. — Solomon
Go, eat your bread with joy, and drink your wine with a merry heart, for God has already approved what you do. Let your garments be always white. Let not oil be lacking on your head. Enjoy life with the wife whom you love, all the days of your vain life that he has given you under the sun, because that is your portion in life and in your toil at which you toil under the sun. — Solomon
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. — Solomon
All problems are people problems. And most people problems are people refusing to act like people. — Solomon
That, who keeps his mouth, keeps his Soul. — Solomon
Whoever stubbornly refuses to accept criticism will suddenly be broken beyond repair. — Solomon
Money is the answer for everything. — Solomon
Without vision a people perishes. — Solomon
Knowledge is of more value than gold — Solomon
Better the anger of a friend than the kiss of an enemy. — Solomon
Being cheerful keeps you healthy — Solomon
Who is the wise man? He who sees what's going to be born. — Solomon
Life Lessons by Solomon
- Solomon teaches us the importance of wisdom and discernment, and that these two qualities should be sought after in order to make wise decisions.
- He also teaches us the importance of humility and recognizing that we don't have all the answers.
- Lastly, Solomon teaches us to be generous and compassionate to others, and to use our resources to help those in need.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Solomon quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Solomon to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Solomon. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage