24+ Torquato Tasso Quotes On Education, Romantic And Epic
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Torquato Tasso Quotes (BEST)
- Love is when you don't have to be with another person to touch their heart!
- Love is when he gives you a piece of your soul, that you never knew was missing.
- As shaking terrors from his blazing hair, a sanguine comet gleams through dusky air.
- True love cannot be found where it does not exist, nor can it be denied where it does.
- Any time not spent on love is wasted.
- Grave was the man in years, in looks, in word, his locks were grey, yet was his courage green.
- Fortune rarely accompanies anyone to the door.
- None merits the name of Creator but God and the poet.
- O happy, golden age! Not for that rivers ran With streams of milk, and honey dropped from trees
- It is the fortunate who should extol fortune.
Torquato Tasso Short Quotes
- The day of fortune is like a harvest day, We must be busy when the corn is ripe.
- Virtue's guard is labor; ease, her sleep.
- A friend giveth sympathy in trouble.
- Not for no cold did freeze, Nor any cloud beguile Th'eternal flowering spring
Torquato Tasso Quotes On Love
Perhaps if only once you did enjoy The thousandth part of all the happiness A heart beloved enjoys, returning love, Repentant, you would surely sighing say, “All time is truly lost and gone Which is not spent in serving love.” — Torquato Tasso
He, full of bashfulness and truth, loved much, hoped little, and desired naught. — Torquato Tasso
O subtle love! a thousand wiles thou hast, by humble suit, by service, or by hire, to win a maiden's hold,--a thing soon done, for nature framed all women to be won. — Torquato Tasso
Lost is the time that you don't spend for love. — Torquato Tasso
Torquato Tasso Famous Quotes And Sayings
They make their fortune who are stout and wise, Wit rules the heavens, discretion guides the skies. [Lat., Che sovente addivien che'l saggio e'l forte. Fabro a se stesso e di beata sorte.] — Torquato Tasso
A fool is he that comes to preach or prate, When men with swords their right and wrong debate. [It., Chi conta i colpi e la dovuta offesa, Mentr' arde la tenzon, misura e pesa?] — Torquato Tasso
Women have tongues of craft, and hearts of guile, They will, they will not; fools that on them trust; For in their speech is death, hell in their smile. [It., Femmina e cosa garrula e fallace: Vuole e disvuole, e folle uom chi sen fida, Si tra se volge.] — Torquato Tasso
Horror itself in that fair scene looks gay, And joy springs up e'en in the midst of fear. [It., Bello in si bella vista anco e l'orrore, E di mezzo la tema esce il diletto.] — Torquato Tasso
For when last need to desperation driveth, Who dareth most he wiseth counsel giveth. [It., Che spesso avvien che ne' maggior perigli Son piu audaci gli ottimi consigli.] — Torquato Tasso
Then amongst flowers and springs, Making delightful sport, Sat lovers without conflict, without flame — Torquato Tasso
Life Lessons by Torquato Tasso
- Torquato Tasso's work emphasizes the importance of striving for excellence in all aspects of life, even when faced with adversity.
- His work also highlights the power of faith and the strength of the human spirit in the face of difficult times.
- Finally, Tasso's work serves as a reminder that beauty and love can be found in even the darkest of times.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Torquato Tasso quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Torquato Tasso to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Torquato Tasso. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage