26+ Viola Spolin Quotes On Violence, Education And Music
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Viola Spolin Quotes (BEST)
- Play touches and stimulates vitality, awakening the whole person - mind, body, intelligence and creativity.
- The unknown is where we go to find new things and intuition is how we find them.
- Get out of your head, into your space and await the invisible stranger
- If the environment permits it, anyone can learn whatever he chooses to learn, and if the individual permits it, the environment will teach him everything it has to teach.
- Through spontaneity we are re-formed into ourselves.
- General improvisations often give actors an insight beyond their words by helping them to 'see the word' and achieve a reality for the scene.
- Don’t initiate! Follow the initiator! Follow the follower.
- When the rational mind is shut off, we have the possibility of intuition.
- We have freedom of speech, but you got to watch what you say.
- My vision is a world of accessible intuition.
Viola Spolin Short Quotes
- We learn through experience and experiencing, and no one teaches anyone anything.
- One must be chary of words because they turn into cages.
- First teach a person to develop to the point of his limitation and then-pfft!-break the limitation.
- That which is not yet known comes out of that which is not yet here.
- Creativity is not the clever rearranging of the known.
- The techniques of the theater are the techniques of communicating.
Viola Spolin Quotes On Acting
It is highly possible that what is called 'talented behavior' is simply a greater individual capacity for experiencing. From this point of view, it is in the increasing of the individual capacity for experiencing that the untold potentiality of a personality can be evoked. — Viola Spolin
The audience is the most revered member of the theater. Without an audience, there is no theater. Everything done is ultimately for the enjoyment of the audience. They are our guests, fellow players, and the last spoke in the wheel which can then begin to roll. They make the performance meaningful. — Viola Spolin
Everyone can act. Everyone can improvise. Anyone who wishes to can play in the theatre. — Viola Spolin
Viola Spolin Famous Quotes And Sayings
It stands to reason that if we direct all our efforts towards reaching a goal, we stand in grave danger of losing everything on which we have based our daily activities. For when a goal is superimposed on an activity instead of evolving out of it, we often feel cheated when we reach it. — Viola Spolin
When student-actors see people and the way they behave when together, see the color of the sky, hear the sounds in the air, feel the ground beneath them and the wind on their faces, they get a wider view of their personal world and development in the theater is quickened. The world provides the material for the theater and artistic growth develops hand-in-hand with one's recognition of it and one's self within it. — Viola Spolin
There are few places outside his own play where a child can contribute to the world in which he finds himself. His world: dominated by adults who tell him what to do and when to do it --benevolent tyrants who dispense gifts to their good subjects and punishment to their bad ones, who are amused at the cleverness of children and annoyed by their stupidities. — Viola Spolin
Through spontaneity we are re-formed into ourselves. It creates an explosion that for the moment frees us from handed-down frames of reference, memory choked with old facts and information and undigested theories and techniques of other people's findings. Spontaneity is the moment of personal freedom when we are faced with reality, and see it, explore it and act accordingly. In this reality the bits and pieces of ourselves function as an organic whole. It is the time of discovery, of experiencing, of creative expression. — Viola Spolin
Theater Games are a process applicable to any field, discipline, or subject matter which creates a place where full participation, communication, and transformation can take place. — Viola Spolin
We learn through experience and experiencing, and no one teaches anyone anything. This is as true for the infant moving from kicking to crawling to walking as it is for the scientist with his equations. If the environment permits it, anyone can learn whatever he chooses to learn; and if the individual permits it, the environment will teach him everything it has to teach. — Viola Spolin
The audience is the most revered member of the theater. Without an audience there is no theater. Every technique learned by the actor, every curtain, every flat on the stage, every careful analysis by the director, every coordinated scene, is for the enjoyment of the audience. They are our guests, our evaluators, and the last spoke in the wheel which can then begin to roll. They make the performance meaningful. — Viola Spolin
Life Lessons by Viola Spolin
- Viola Spolin's work emphasizes the importance of improvisation and play in developing creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- She encourages people to explore their own ideas and to be open to the ideas of others, as well as to take risks and make mistakes in order to learn and grow.
- Her work emphasizes the importance of collaboration and communication in order to create meaningful, lasting work.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Viola Spolin quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Viola Spolin to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Viola Spolin. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage