Quotations list about epistemological, discursive and empiricism captions for Instagram citing Avrum Stroll, Damon Horowitz and Jean Piaget empiricist sayings.
What are the best epistemological quotes?
We've gathered this hand-picked list of quotes to show you what is epistemological!
Whether a inspirational quote from your favorite celebrity Avrum Stroll, Damon Horowitz or an motivational message about giving it your best from a successful business person, we can all benefit from a famous epistemological quote.
It is characteristic of the epistemological tradition to present us with partial scenarios and then to demand whole or categorical answers as it were. — Avrum Stroll
Tony learns about the ontologically promiscuous, the epistemologically anxious, the ethically dubious, the metaphysically ridiculous. — Damon Horowitz
Logical positivists have never taken psychology into account in their epistemology, but they affirm that logical beings and mathematical beings are nothing but linguistic structures. — Jean Piaget
Our problem, from the point of view of psychology and from the point of view of genetic epistemology, is to explain how the transition is made from a lower level of knowledge to a level that is judged to be higher. — Jean Piaget
In genetic epistemology, as in developmental psychology, too, there is never an absolute beginning. — Jean Piaget
Epistemology is the study of knowledge. By what conduit do we know what we know? — Theodore Bikel
Indeed, this epistemological theory of the relation between theory and experiment differs sharply from the epistemological theory of naive falsificationism. — Imre Lakatos
The clash between Popper and Kuhn is not about a mere technical point in epistemology. — Imre Lakatos
To attempt this would be like seeing without eyes or directing the gaze of knowledge behind one's own eye. Modern science can acknowledge no other than this epistemological stand-point.
But epistemology is always and inevitably personal.
The point of the probe is always in the heart of the explorer: What is my answer to the question of the nature of knowing?
It is the faithfulness of God that allows epistemology to model ontology.
Dickens didn't have access to any other epistemologies other than those prevailing in Britain. But a novelist today cannot plausibly claim ignorance of his society's manifold connections with the wider world, the fact that prosperity and security at home, for instance, often depend on extensive violence and exploitation abroad.
I'm not creating art that starts with politics or starts with ethics.
I feel I am a conceptual artist because my art is more concerned with epistemology than ethics or politics or even aesthetics.
Too often preachers want to deal with people simply at the level of publicly accessible reason. We participate with them in their own epistemology. But this is not New Testament preaching. We have a message that is not from this world; it is from God. We don't know it by our own cleverness; we know it because God has revealed it.
The indispensability argument seeks to assimilate the epistemology of metaphysical statements to the epistemology of statements that are obviously empirical. I think it fails to achieve this goal. The argument does not refute the Carnapian thesis that scientific theories and metaphysical claims differ epistemologically - observations can provide evidence for the former, but not for the latter.
In the history and literature courses I took, epistemological questions came to interest me most. What makes one explanation of the French Revolution better than another? What makes one interpretation of "Waiting for Godot" better than another? These questions led me to philosophy and then to philosophy of science.
About 70% of what I've written about is centered on the clashes and conformities between the emerging life and physical sciences and older metaphysical frameworks in the 17th and 18th centuries. The other 30% consists of one-off essays or researches into other intriguing contemporary topics such as visual experience, aesthetics, social justice issues, and the epistemology of moral knowledge.
The data on which philosophical theorizing is based are rather the intuited contents themselves, concerning the various thought experiments. At least that is so outside the epistemology of the a priori.
Philosophers need not much use the word 'intuition' or the concept of intuition, except when they happen to be working on the epistemology of the a priori.
Descartes's epistemology is a special case of Aristotle's virtue ethics.