68 I Have A Dream Speech Quotes To Inspire You
Following is our list of i have a dream speech quotations and slogans full of insightful wisdom and perspective about .
Quick Jump To
Top 10 I Have A Dream Speech Quotes (BEST)
- Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men and women are created equal. — Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- In some not too distant tomorrow the radiant stars of love and brotherhood will shine over our great nation with all their scintillating beauty. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The reason I can't follow the old eye-for-an-eye philosophy is that it ends up leaving everyone blind. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of God's children. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- We cannot walk alone. And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead. We cannot turn back. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
Short I Have A Dream Speech Quotes
- There is some good in the worst of us, and some evil in the best of us. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- We will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- We refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Again and again we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Let us not wallow in the valley of despair. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Out of the mountain of despair, a stone of hope. — Martin Luther
- So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Dr. King gave the "I have a dream" speech, not the "I have a plan" speech. — Simon Sinek
I Have A Dream Quotes
I'm a dreamer. I have to dream and reach for the stars, and if I miss a star then I grab a handful of clouds. — Mike Tyson
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
India is an Old country but a young nation…I am young and I too have a dream, I dream of India Strong, Independent, Self-Reliant and in the front rank of the nations of the world, in the service of mankind. — Rajiv Gandhi
What I treasure most in life is being able to dream. During my most difficult moments and complex situations I have been able to dream of a more beautiful future. — Rigoberta Menchu
In my wildest dreams, I could not have imagined a sweeter life. — Hugh Hefner
I heard Russell Simmons say that, 'people have million dollar dreams with a minimum wage work ethic.' Basically, everybody wanna be rich but don't nobody wanna work for it. — Yo Gotti
A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality. — Yoko Ono
I’ve dreamed a lot. I’m tired now from dreaming but not tired of dreaming. No one tires of dreaming, because to dream is to forget, and forgetting does not weigh on us, it is a dreamless sleep throughout which we remain awake. In dreams I have achieved everything. — Fernando Pessoa
I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made straight and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
My dream concept is that I have a camera and I am trying to photograph what is essentially invisible. And every once in a while I get a glimpse of her and I grab that picture. — Leonard Nimoy
People Writing About I Have A Dream Speech
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton
More I Have A Dream Speech Quotes
This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind America of the fierce urgency of Now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy — Martin Luther King, Jr.
When we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city... — Martin Luther King, Jr.
We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. — Martin Luther
We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to a distrust of all white people, for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny and their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
From the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire, let freedom ring. From the mighty mountains of New York, let freedom ring. From the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania, let freedom ring. But not only that: Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
I grew up under Communism so we could only learn Russian, and then when Communism fell in 1989 we could learn a few more things and have the freedom to travel and the freedom of speech - and the freedom of dreaming, really. — Petra Nemcova
When the architects of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, they were signing a promissory note to which every American was to fall heir. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
Nobody Black had learned anything from the `Letter from the Birmingham Jail' or from the `I Have a Dream' speech. That was a revelation of white people. — Andrew Young
Land where my fathers died, Land of the pilgrims' pride, From every mountainside Let freedom ring! — Samuel Francis Smith
In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
America has given the Negro people a bad check, a check which has come back marked 'insufficient funds.' — Martin Luther King, Jr.
But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
[Pope Francis] continued to focus on migrants. He visited the Greek island of Lesbos, which was the front line of the European migrant crisis. And a month later, he accepted a prestigious European Union prize, but he scolded Europe for its treatment of migrants. And in a speech echoing Martin Luther King, he said I have a dream of a Europe where being a migrant is not a crime. So, yeah, he showed he can be quite outspoken on political issues. — Sylvia Poggioli
It was so crucial to the Civil Rights Movement that on June 23, 1963, Martin Luther King came to town, walked down Woodward Avenue with more than 100,000 people and delivered the first major public iteration of his "I Have A Dream" speech, two months before he did it in Washington. — David Maraniss
We [Americans] know Martin Luther King Jr. as a statue. We know him as a holiday. We know him as a speech. We don't know him as a man. Most people don't even know the whole speech, just "I have a dream." They don't know what his speaking voice was like, how he looked at his wife, or that he had four kids. — Ava DuVernay
In its essence, Martin Luther King Jr.'s ‘I Have a Dream' speech is one citizen's soul-searing plea with his countrymen––Whites and Blacks––to recognize that racial disparities fueled by unwarranted bigotry were crippling America's ability to shine as a true beacon of democracy in a world filled with people groping their way through suffocating shadows of political turmoil, economic oppression, military mayhem, starvation, and disease. — Aberjhani
Martin Luther King's 1963 'I have a dream' speech was a thrilling milestone in the civil rights movement, so enduring that we tend to attribute its searing power to a kind of magic. But Gary Younge's meditative retrospection on its significance reminds us of all the micro-moments of transformation behind the scenes--the thought and preparation, vision and revision--whose currency fed that magnificent lightning bolt in history. — Patricia J. Williams
Which quotation resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of i have a dream speech quotes? Or may be you have a slogan about i have a dream speech to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite use any of the quotes in this collection of i have a dream speech. For popular citation styles(APA, Chicago, MLA), please use this citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage