63+ Alexander The Great Quotes On War, Death And Success
Quick Jump To
- Top 10 Alexander The Great Quotes
- Alexander The Great Quotes On Love
- Alexander The Great Quotes On Fear
- Alexander The Great Quotes On Conquering
- Alexander The Great Quotes On World
- Alexander The Great Quotes On Excel
- Alexander The Great Quotes On Victory
- Short Alexander The Great Quotes
- Life Lessons
- Famous Alexander The Great Quotes
Top 10 Alexander The Great Quotes (BEST)
- Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.
- I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
- Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied.
- Bury my body and don't build any monument. Keep my hands out so the people know the one who won the world had nothing in hand when he died.
- There is nothing impossible to him who will try.
- May God keep you away from the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger, and the revenge of the Afghans.
- The end and object of conquest is to avoid doing the same thing as the conquered.
- I would rather live a short life of glory than a long one of obscurity.
- My logisticians are a humorless lot ... they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.
- Toil and risk are the price of glory, but it is a lovely thing to live with courage and die leaving an everlasting fame.
Alexander The Great Short Quotes
- Sex and sleep alone make me conscious that I am mortal.
- Heaven cannot brook two suns, nor earth two masters.
- How great are the dangers I face to win a good name in Athens.
- At Achilles tomb, O fortunate youth, to have found Homer as the herald of your glory!
- O Athenians, what toil do I undergo to please you!
- If I were not Alexander, I would be Diogenes.
- I am dying from the treatment of too many physicians.
- Every light is not the sun.
- With the right attitude, self imposed limitations vanish
- I foresee a great funeral contest over me.
Alexander The Great Quotes On Love
Whatever possession we gain by our sword cannot be sure or lasting, but the love gained by kindness and moderation is certain and durable. — Alexander The Great
True love never has a happy ending, because there is no ending to true love. — Alexander The Great
God must have loved Afghans because he made them so beautiful. — Alexander The Great
Alexander The Great Quotes On Fear
Now you fear punishment and beg for your lives, so I will let you free, if not for any other reason so that you can see the difference between a Greek king and a barbarian tyrant, so do not expect to suffer any harm from me. A king does not kill messengers. — Alexander The Great
Let us conduct ourselves so that all men wish to be our friends and all fear to be our enemies. — Alexander The Great
Through every generation of the human race there has been a constant war, a war with fear. Those who have the courage to conquer it are made free and those who are conquered by it are made to suffer until they have the courage to defeat it, or death takes them. — Alexander The Great
Alexander The Great Quotes On Conquering
Do you not think it a matter worthy of lamentation that when there is such a vast multitude of them [worlds], we have not yet conquered one? — Alexander The Great
Who does not desire such a victory by which we shall join places in our Kingdom, so far divided by nature, and for which we shall set up trophies in another conquered world? — Alexander The Great
Are there no more worlds that I might conquer? — Alexander The Great
There are no more worlds to conquer! — Alexander The Great
There are so many worlds and I have not yet conquered even one. — Alexander The Great
Alexander The Great Quotes On World
I am involved in the land of a leonine and brave people, where every foot of the ground is like a well of steel, confronting my soldier. You have brought only one son into the world, but everyone in this land can be called an Alexander. — Alexander The Great
A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world was not sufficient. — Alexander The Great
In faith and hope the world will disagree, But all mankind's concern is charity. — Alexander The Great
Alexander The Great Quotes On Excel
I had rather excel others in the knowledge of what is excellent, than in the extent of my power and dominion. — Alexander The Great
For my own part, I would rather excel in knowledge of the highest secrets of philosophy than in arms. — Alexander The Great
I would rather excel others in the knowledge of what is excellent than in the extent of my powers and dominion. — Alexander The Great
Alexander The Great Quotes On Victory
I send you a kaffis of mustard seed, that you may taste and acknowledge the bitterness of my victory. — Alexander The Great
Are you still to learn that the end and perfection of our victories is to avoid the vices and infirmities of those whom we subdue? — Alexander The Great
I do not pilfer victory. — Alexander The Great
I do not steal victory. — Alexander The Great
Alexander The Great Famous Quotes And Sayings
Your ancestors came to Macedonia and the rest of Hellas [Greece] and did us great harm, though we had done them no prior injury. I have been appointed leader of the Greeks, and wanting to punish the Persians I have come to Asia, which I took from you. — Alexander The Great
Shall I pass by and leave you lying there because of the expedition you led against Greece, or shall I set you up again because of your magnanimity and your virtues in other respects? — Alexander The Great
My father will anticipate everything. He will leave you and me no chance to do a great and brilliant deed. — Alexander The Great
His father is governor of Media, and though he has the greatest command given him of all the rest of my generals, he still covetously desires more, and my being without issue spurs him on to this wicked design. But Philotas takes wrong measures. — Alexander The Great
I am indebted to my father for living, but my teacher for living well. — Alexander The Great
We of Macedon for generations past have been trained in the hard school of danger and war — Alexander The Great
In the end, when it's over, all that matters is what you've done. — Alexander The Great
There is something noble in hearing myself ill spoken of, when I am doing well. — Alexander The Great
Oh! Most miserable wretch that I am! Why have I not learnt how to swim? — Alexander The Great
You shall, I question not, find a way to the top if you diligently seek for it; for nature hath placed nothing so high that it is out of the reach of industry and valor. — Alexander The Great
Youths of the Pellaians and of the Macedonians and of the Hellenic Amphictiony and of the Lakedaimonians and of the Corinthians... and of all the Hellenic peoples, join your fellow-soldiers and entrust yourselves to me, so that we can move against the barbarians and liberate ourselves from the Persian bondage, for as Greeks we should not be slaves to barbarians. — Alexander The Great
If we turn our backs of the Scythians who have provoked us, how shamefully shall we march against the revolted Bactrians; but if we pass Tanais and make the Scythians feel, by dear experience, that we are invincible, not in Asia only, it is not to be doubted but that Europe itself, as well as Asia, will come within the bounds of our conquests. — Alexander The Great
As for a limit to one’s labors, I, for one, do not recognize any for a high-minded man, except that the labors themselves should lead to noble accomplishments. — Alexander The Great
Soldiers, I had lately like to have been taken from you by the attempt of a few desperate men, but by the grace and providence of the gods, I am still preserved. — Alexander The Great
On their side more men are standing, on ours more will fight! — Alexander The Great
How should a man be capable of grooming his own horse, or of furbishing his own spear and helmet, if he allows himself to become unaccustomed to tending even his own person, which is his most treasured belonging? — Alexander The Great
Holy shadows of the dead, I'm not to blame for your cruel and bitter fate, but the accursed rivalry which brought sister nations and brother people, to fight one another. I do not feel happy for this victory of mine. On the contrary, I would be glad, brothers, if I had all of you standing here next to me, since we are united by the same language, the same blood and the same visions. — Alexander The Great
So far as I am concerned, I could not be accused of having set eyes, or having wished to set eyes, upon Darius' wife: on the contrary, I have refused even to listen to those who spoke to me of her beauty. — Alexander The Great
Shall I, that have destroyed my Preservers, return home? — Alexander The Great
How happy had it been for me had I been slain in the battle. It had been far more noble to have died the victim of the enemy than fall a sacrifice to the rage of my friends. — Alexander The Great
I wish that the Indians believed me a god, for upon the report of an enemy's valor oftentimes depends the success of a battle, and false reports have many times done as great things as true courage and resolution. — Alexander The Great
I consider not what Parmenio should receive, but what Alexander should give. — Alexander The Great
Life Lessons by Alexander The Great
- Alexander The Great taught us to never give up in the face of adversity and to always strive for greatness.
- He also showed us the importance of having a strong sense of self-discipline and determination to achieve success.
- Finally, he demonstrated the power of having a vision and the courage to pursue it, no matter the obstacles that stand in our way.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Alexander The Great quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Alexander The Great to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Alexander The Great. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage