26+ Alice Duer Miller Quotes On Education, Death And Death And Dying
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Alice Duer Miller Quotes (BEST)
- Contempt is the weapon of the weak and a defense against one's own despised and unwanted feelings.
- Genuine forgiveness does not deny anger but faces it head-on.
- If it's very painful for you to criticize your friends - you're safe in doing it. But if you take the slightest pleasure in it, that's the time to hold your tongue.
- It is always difficult for a woman to be grateful for a form of chivalry that seems to be based on the premise that she is a moron.
- When a woman like that whom I've seen so much, All of a sudden drops out of touch; Is always busy and never can, Spare you a moment, it means a man.
- Don't ever dare to take your college as a matter of course - because, like democracy and freedom, many people you'll never know have broken their hearts to get it for you.
- People love to talk but hate to listen.
- They make other nations seem pale and flighty, But they do think England is God almighty, And you must remind them now and then That other countries breed other men.
- Rare indeed is the nature that does not become a little more intense when its own affairs come under discussion.
- Men are too emotional to vote. Their conduct at baseball games and political conventions shows this . . .
Alice Duer Miller Short Quotes
- It's been my experience, Charlotte, that the crisis never comes as or when you expect.
- No one really believes in equality who's on top.
- the strongest will is the will that knows how to bend.
- In a world where England is finished and dead: I do not wish to live.
- Conversation is a partnership, not a relation of master and slave, as most people try to make it.
- Good manners are the techniques of expressing consideration for the feelings of others.
Alice Duer Miller Quotes On Love
And now too late, we see these things are one: The art is sacrifice and self-control And who loves beauty must be stern of soul. — Alice Duer Miller
Hate is perhaps the most dynamic of all emotions - fear may immobilize, love may stay the hand, but hate urges to action. — Alice Duer Miller
Love will not always linger longest with those who hold it in too clenched a fist. — Alice Duer Miller
Alice Duer Miller Famous Quotes And Sayings
People love to talk but hate to listen. Listening is not merely not talking, though even that is beyond most of our powers; it means taking a vigorous, human interest in what is being told us. You can listen like a blank wall or like a splendid auditorium where every sound comes back fuller and richer. — Alice Duer Miller
It is among the commonplaces of education that we often first cut off the living root and then try to replace its natural functions by artificial means. Thus we suppress the child's curiosity and then when he lacks a natural interest in learning he is offered special coaching for his scholastic coaching for his scholastic difficulties. — Alice Duer Miller
Men are too emotional to vote. Their conduct at baseball games and political conventions shows this, while their innate tendency to appeal to force renders them particularly unfit for the task of government....Man's place is in the armory. — Alice Duer Miller
No one has ever explained why it is that parents and guardians consider dull people such safe matrimonial investments for their young charges. Even granting the unsound assumption that dull people are more apt to be content with their own matrimonial fetters, they are certainly more apt to be the cause of discontent in others. — Alice Duer Miller
A child too, can never grasp the fact that the same mother who cooks so well, is so concerned about his cough, and helps so kindly with his homework, in some circumstance has no more feeling than a wall of his hidden inner world. — Alice Duer Miller
Listening is not merely not talking, though even that is beyond most of our powers; it means taking a vigorous, human interest in what is being told us. — Alice Duer Miller
Silences, as every observer knows, have strange characteristics all their own - passionate silences, and hateful silences, and silences full of friendly, purring content. — Alice Duer Miller
Life Lessons by Alice Duer Miller
- Alice Duer Miller's work emphasizes the importance of standing up for yourself and having the courage to speak your truth.
- Her work also highlights the power of using words to create positive change and the importance of not letting society's expectations define you.
- Through her work, Miller encourages readers to think critically and to challenge the status quo.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Alice Duer Miller quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Alice Duer Miller to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Alice Duer Miller. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage