33+ Angelus Silesius Quotes On Angels, Death And World
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Angelus Silesius Quotes (BEST)
- If Christ were born in Bethlehem a thousand times and not in thee thyself; then art thou lost eternally.
- The rose is without 'why'; it blooms simply because it blooms. It pays no attention to itself, nor does it ask whether anyone sees it.
- A monk asks:Is there anything more miraculous than the wonders of nature?The master answers:Yes, your awareness of the wonders of nature.
- Though Christ a thousand times in Bethlehem be born, If he's not born in thee thy soul is still forlorn.
- Time is of your own making; Its clock ticks in your head. The moment you stop thought Time too stops dead.
- Springtime is at hand. When will you ever bloom, if not here and now?
- God, whose love and joy are present everywhere, can't come to visit you unless you aren't there.
- The name of Jesus is as ointment poured forth; It nourishes, and illumines, and stills the anguish of the soul.
- God is a pure no-thing, concealed in now and here; the less you reach for him, the more he will appear.
- The one awakened liberated sees all things as one unseparated.
Angelus Silesius Short Quotes
- Don't think that some tomorrow you'll see God's Light. You see it now or err in darkest night.
- Christ could be born a thousand times in Bethlehem - but all in vain until He is born in me.
- A rose is but a rose, it blooms because it blooms; it thinks not of itself, nor asks if it is seen.
- The rose that with you earthly eyes you see, has flowered in God from all eternity.
- The rose has no 'Why?' It flowers because it flowers.
- Do not seek God in outer space-- Your heart is the only place in which to meet Him face to face.
- Paradise is at your own center; unless you find it there, there is no way to enter.
- It isn't bread that feeds you; it is life and the spirit that feed you through bread.
- The Rose is without 'why'—she blooms because she blooms.
- I am as vast as God; there is nothing in the world O Miracle: that can shut me up in myself.
Angelus Silesius Famous Quotes And Sayings
Three days: Today, Tomorrow and Yesterday, I know, Yet if the past were cancelled within the here and now, And then the future hidden, I could regain that Day, Which I, before I was, had lived in God's own way. — Angelus Silesius
God never does withdraw; His works come to no halt; If you don't feel His force, yourself must be at fault. — Angelus Silesius
The rose does not have a why; it blossums without reason, forgetful of self and oblivious to our vision. — Angelus Silesius
Nothing can throw thee into the infernal abyss so much as this detested word -- heed well! -- this mine and thine. — Angelus Silesius
By the will art thou lost, by the will art thou found, by the will art thou free, captive, and bound. — Angelus Silesius
If in your heart you make a manger for his birth then God will once again become a child on earth. — Angelus Silesius
The Rose which here on earth is now perceived by me, has blossomed thus in god from all eternity. — Angelus Silesius
The Rose is without an explanation; She blooms, because She blooms. — Angelus Silesius
I am like God and God like me. I am as large as God. He is as small as I. He cannot above me nor I beneath him be. — Angelus Silesius
What is outside yourself does not convey much worth; Clothes do not make the man, the saddle not the horse. — Angelus Silesius
Love is difficult, because loving is not enough: We must, like God, ourselves be Love. — Angelus Silesius
God does not care what good you did, but why you did it. He does not grade the fruit but probes the core and tests the root. — Angelus Silesius
We keep so busy talking we are so keen to act that we forget that in the heart lies all we need untapped, intact. — Angelus Silesius
Life Lessons by Angelus Silesius
- Life is fleeting and we should strive to live each day to the fullest, savoring every moment. Angelus Silesius reminds us that we should not get too caught up in the material world, but instead focus on what truly matters.
- Angelus Silesius encourages us to stay humble and to recognize that we are all part of a greater whole. He reminds us that we are all interconnected and that we should strive to be kind and compassionate to one another.
- Angelus Silesius also teaches us to be mindful of our actions and to take responsibility for our choices. He reminds us that we are all responsible for our own destiny, and that we must make the best of our lives.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Angelus Silesius quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Angelus Silesius to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Angelus Silesius. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage