57+ Anita Diament Quotes On Education, Feminist And Jewish
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Anita Diament Quotes (BEST)
- Since 1985, I have written about contemporary Jewish practice and the Jewish community.
- The Sabbath is a weekly cathedral raised up in my dining room, in my family, in my heart.
- I tell writers to keep reading, reading, reading. Read widely and deeply. And I tell them not to give up even after getting rejection letters. And only write what you love.
- I got nice rejections explaining that historical fiction was a difficult sell. But I kept trying.
- Why did I not know that birth is the pinnacle where women discover the courage to become mothers?
- The painful things seemed like knots on a beautiful necklace, necessary for keeping the beads in place.
- The more a daughter knows the details of her mother's life [...] the stronger the daughter.
- One of his tears fell in my mouth, where it became a blue sapphire, source of strength, source of strength and eternal hope.
- My husband, Jim, converted to Judaism just before our wedding.
- Right now, I'm Writing song lyrics. Experimenting with a play. Toying with an idea for a documentary. I hope one of these will eventually be launched into the light of day.
Anita Diament Short Quotes
- I never wanted Mary Poppins to be my nanny. I wanted to be her when I grew up.
- The real Mary Poppins got lost when Hollywood turned her into a cream puff.
- My early childhood was spent in Newark, New Jersey, but my family moved to Denver when I was 12.
- I am so honored to be the vessel into which you pour this story of pain and strength.
- I like the way he danced. And then I like the way we danced together.
- When a shy person smiles, it’s like the sun coming out.
- I would have stayed forever within the garden of Re-mose's childhood, but time is a mother's enemy.
- Mountains are where heaven meets earth.
- I pray I die before they day comes when I do not know if my sons are infants or grandfathers.
- There's nothing quite like a real . . . train conductor to add color to a quotidian commute
Anita Diament Quotes On Love
Until very recently men and women inhabited very separate spheres. There was always interconnection, passion, love. But men and women didn't hang out at the end of the day and chat about what their day was like at the office. — Anita Diament
It's a good thing babies don't give you a lot of time to think. You fall in love with them and when you realize how much they love you back, life is very simple. — Anita Diament
One of my great secrets was knowing I had the power to make her smile. — Anita Diament
I love many kinds of music: world music, jazz, classical, pop. — Anita Diament
The story it told was unremarkable: a tale of love found and lost- the oldest story in the world. The only story. — Anita Diament
Of all life's pleasures, only love owes no debt to death. — Anita Diament
Death is no enemy, but the foundation of gratitude, sympathy, and art. Of all life's pleasures, only love owes no debt to death. — Anita Diament
Egypt loved the lotus becuase it never dies. It is the same for people who are loved. Thus can something as insignificant as a name-two syllables, one high, one sweet- summon up the innumerable smiles, tears, sighs and dreams of a human life. — Anita Diament
Egypt loved the lotus because it never dies. It is the same for people who are loved. — Anita Diament
Shakespeare in Love... such smart writing of an alternative view of history, and such beautiful acting. Like most Americans, I'm a sucker for the accent. — Anita Diament
Anita Diament Quotes On Jewish
I have a 10-year track record of writing for the Jewish community. — Anita Diament
November is Jewish book month, so Jewish Community Centers all around the country have book fairs where they invite authors and sell books in advance of the holidays. — Anita Diament
My six handbooks to Jewish life and lifecycle events mostly followed the trajectory of my adult Jewish life. — Anita Diament
Anita Diament Quotes On Book
The more I do bookstores, the more people come up to me from church groups. I spoke at Pittsburg State College and had 2 or 3 ministers and book groups from a couple of churches. — Anita Diament
I lived through a classic publishing story. My editor was fired a month before the book came out. The editor who took it over already had a full plate. It was never advertised. We didn't get reviewed in any major outlets. — Anita Diament
The Bible - it's sort of the other person in the room. There's this book, the reader, and the Bible. — Anita Diament
Anita Diament Famous Quotes And Sayings
As a journalist I'm comfortable doing library research, and I did a lot! I had a fellowship at Radcliff for a year which gave me access to the Harvard system. — Anita Diament
Weeping is terrible for the complexion" said Leonie, holding Shayndel close, "but it is very good for the soul. — Anita Diament
One of my favorite poets, Neruda, writes close to the bone. Though I know only a little Spanish, I like to compare the Spanish and English lines and see how the translator worked. — Anita Diament
Wherever you walk, I go with you. Selah. — Anita Diament
The other reason women wanted daughters was to keep their memories alive. — Anita Diament
I could not get my fill of looking. There should be a song for women to sing at this moment or a prayer to recite. But perhaps there is none because there are no words strong enough to name that moment. — Anita Diament
It's a wonder that any mother ever called a daughter Dinah again. But some did. Maybe you guessed that there was more to me than the voiceless cipher in the text. Maybe you heard it in the music of my name: the first vowel high and clear, as when a mother calls to her child at dusk; the second sound soft, for whispering secrets on pillows. Dee-nah. — Anita Diament
I moved my arms through the water, feeling them float on the surface, watching the waves and wake that followed my gesture. Here was magic, I thought. Here was something holy. — Anita Diament
Whatever your relationship is to your sacred tradition in the West, you have some relationship to the Bible if only through the names of the characters. — Anita Diament
It was one of those perfect fall days when the air is cool enough to wake you up but the sun is also kissing your face. — Anita Diament
on the day that the intlligence and talents of women are fully honored and employed, the human community and the planet itself will benefit in ways we can only begin to imagine. — Anita Diament
Making plans is a game. Life chooses for you. — Anita Diament
If you want to understand any woman, you must first ask about her mother and then listen carefully. — Anita Diament
Biblical names are hot again. — Anita Diament
My heart is a ladle of sweet water brimming over. — Anita Diament
They sang the words in unison, yet somehow created a web of sounds with their voices. It was like hearing a piece of fabric woven with all the colors of a rainbow. I did not know that such beauty could be formed by the human mouth. I had never heard harmony before. — Anita Diament
There's something almost adolescent about Whitman's paean to everything that was and remains good about America. — Anita Diament
It is terrible how much has been forgotten, which is why, I suppose, remembering seems a holy thing. — Anita Diament
I wanted to cry, but I realized that I was too old for that. I would be a woman soon and I would have to learn how to live with a divided heart. — Anita Diament
If you want to understand any woman you must first ask about her mother and then listen carefully. Stories about food show a strong connection. Wistful silences demonstrate unfinished business. The more a daughter knows about the details of her mother's life - without flinching or whining - the stronger the daughter. — Anita Diament
He was golden and beautiful as a sunset. — Anita Diament
Life Lessons by Anita Diament
- Anita Diament's work demonstrates the importance of standing up for what you believe in and fighting for social justice.
- Her writing also emphasizes the need to be open-minded and to challenge our own assumptions and biases.
- Finally, she encourages us to use our voices to speak out against injustice and to create a more equitable and just society.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Anita Diament quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Anita Diament to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Anita Diament. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage