31+ Anna Lindh Quotes On Education, Diplomatic And Inspiring
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Anna Lindh Quotes (BEST)
- Globalisation has made us more vulnerable. It creates a world without borders, and makes us painfully aware of the limitations of our present instruments, and of politics, to meet its challenges.
- Firstly, economic globalisation has brought prosperity and development to many countries, but also financial crises to Asia, Latin America and Russia, and increasing poverty and marginalisation.
- We urge President Bush to abstain from the National Missile Defense, just as we urge China, India and Pakistan to discontinue their nuclear arsenals.
- Globalisation makes it clear that social responsibility is required not only of governments, but of companies and individuals. All sources must interact in order to reach the MDGs.
- In a case like Iraq the UN has again shown what important role it plays as the guarantor for protecting international peace and stability in the global political structure.
- Global markets must be balanced by global values such as respect for human rights and international law, democracy, security and sustainable economic and environmental development.
- The United Nations remains our most important global actor. These days we are continuously reminded of the enormous responsibility of the Security Council to uphold international peace and stability.
- Regional exchange can be a source of growth and development, and of enhancing good governance.
- The WTO has one of the most impressive records in global economic governance, by promoting trade liberalisation and economic development.
- Developed countries and advanced developing countries must open their markets for products from the developing world, and support in developing their export and import capacity.
Anna Lindh Short Quotes
- We need new partnerships in fighting terrorism and building peace.
- Still, corruption and oppression are far too common threats to the democratic society.
- The most important issue we have to deal with is freedom of movement.
- Human rights are praised more than ever - and violated as much as ever.
- The world is richer than ever, and the gaps between rich and poor are wider.
Anna Lindh Quotes On Security
One of the gaps in our international development efforts is the provision of global public goods - that is, goods or conditions we need that no individual or country can secure on their own, such as halting global warming, financial stability and peace and security. — Anna Lindh
We need the UN, to deal with the threats to our common security from nuclear, chemical and biological weapons, not only in the case of Iraq. They must be tackled by the international community together, by strengthening conventions, treaties and agreements. — Anna Lindh
We need a reform of the Security Council. It must be perceived as truly representative by all the 191 member states, to uphold the credibility and legitimacy of the UN as the main political arena. — Anna Lindh
We need new partnerships for peace and security. — Anna Lindh
Poverty must be reduced not only for reasons of moral and justice, but also of security. — Anna Lindh
Anna Lindh Quotes On Countries
The developing countries must be able to take a more active part in trade negotiations, through technical assistance and support from the developed countries. — Anna Lindh
To properly reflect the changes of the world and of the UN, with its growing number of member states, we would like to see an enlargement of the SC that gives room for new members, not least developing countries. — Anna Lindh
Nonetheless, the developing countries must be able to reap the benefits of international trade. — Anna Lindh
We must focus much more on developing countries' own policies and priorities, and increase policy and operational coherence between national, regional and multilateral actors. — Anna Lindh
Anna Lindh Famous Quotes And Sayings
That was for instance the case in Mocambique a couple of years ago, during the flooding catastrophe. Instead of co-ordinating assistance properly, to much time and resources was spent on fighting about the same helicopters and local guides. — Anna Lindh
The globalisation of information makes people aware of what they have - and have not. Problems and oppression are impossible to hide, and the new and powerful tools of information provide us with more opportunities than ever to react and act. — Anna Lindh
Poverty does not make people terrorists, but terrorists can exploit the frustration it creates and use it as a breeding-ground for violent ideas. — Anna Lindh
The conflict in the Middle East needs to be solved for the same reasons. It is necessary to reach a two-states solution, built on international law, for sustainable peace and development, and it can only be achieved through joint efforts by the international community. — Anna Lindh
States have the responsibility to create rules and conditions for growth and development, and to channel the benefits to all citizens by providing education and making people able to participate in the economies, and in decision-making. — Anna Lindh
Terrorism can never be accepted. We must fight it together, with methods that do not compromise our respect for the rule of law and human rights, or are used as an excuse for others to do so. — Anna Lindh
This is not bad, but the pace of globalisation has surpassed the capacity of the system to adjust to new realities of a more interdependent and integrated world. — Anna Lindh
Life Lessons by Anna Lindh
- Anna Lindh showed that it is possible to achieve great things through hard work and dedication. She was an advocate for human rights and international cooperation, and her legacy reminds us of the importance of standing up for what we believe in.
- Anna Lindh was a strong believer in the power of dialogue and compromise, and her work shows us that even in the face of disagreement, it is possible to find common ground and work together.
- Anna Lindh was a leader who was not afraid to take risks and challenge the status quo, and her example teaches us to never be afraid to stand up for our beliefs and strive for a better world.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Anna Lindh quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Anna Lindh to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Anna Lindh. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage