23+ Dirk Nowitzki Quotes On Culture, Luka Doncic And Skillful
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Dirk Nowitzki Quotes (BEST)
- I always wanted to be a basketball player. Nothing more, nothing less.
- I'm not the kind of guy who just goes up to women.
- Growing up, my idols were Lucky Luke and Jolly Jumper. And Scottie Pippen.
- This feeling to be on the best team of the world is just indescribable.
- I lost control of myself a couple times in the playoffs. I have to keep cooler in the future.
- The best player I've ever played against is Kobe Bryant. I have seen him do some stuff that is just unbelievable.
- As a newcomer, I was often expected to carry the bags of the older players, or get them burgers. That can make you feel pretty miserable.
- I played all kinds of sports when I was young: tennis, handball, basketball, some soccer. I focused on basketball when I was 16 or 17 and then came to the U.S. when I was 20.
- If theres an injury, for a couple games, you can have guys step in. But for a long period of time, it always catches up with you.
- The playoffs is all about showing heart and playing together.
Dirk Nowitzki Short Quotes
- If you do the best you can, you have nothing to be ashamed of. A defeat is not a disgrace.
- As a star you never know when people are really serious.
- Of course parents want their children to confide in them.
- I wanted to avoid service, because I was on the road to becoming a professional basketball player.
- I thought basketball was a game for women. My mother played basketball, and so did my sister.
- I came up with my own 'Dream Shake' I guess - the white version.
- Obviously, (winning the division) is big. To be No. 1 is always important.
Dirk Nowitzki Famous Quotes And Sayings
Off the floor I'm really laid back, like nothing really fazes me too much. But on the floor I do get emotional and a little carried away. However, I started playing when I was 13 to have fun with my teammates, and that never stopped. I enjoy traveling and having fun in the locker room with the guys. Life is too short to be miserable. — Dirk Nowitzki
I take my sport damned seriously. Basketball is my life. There are other people who go into important games as if they were any other game. I'm a brooder and I spend a lot of time thinking about my opponent, about the things he can do and about what I have to do to win. I don't think I'll ever be able to change that. — Dirk Nowitzki
When I think about my MVP season, I will also think about the loss to Golden State. But winning the award as Most Valuable Player of the NBA is just a huge honour. I didn't really realise how big it was until Mark Cuban had tears in his eyes at the award ceremony. — Dirk Nowitzki
Basketball gave me a lot, which is why I want to stay connected with this sport later on, maybe working with young people. But it would be more in the background. Being in the spotlight was never really my thing. I never wanted to be famous. — Dirk Nowitzki
I want to raise a family and have a couple of small Dirks running around. But it will not be easy to win my heart. — Dirk Nowitzki
I know, basketball is a dance. I didn't understand the significance of that type of training at first. I was supposed to read poems. — Dirk Nowitzki
Life Lessons by Dirk Nowitzki
- Dirk Nowitzki has taught us that hard work and dedication can lead to success, no matter what your background or circumstances may be.
- He has also shown us that it is possible to achieve greatness through perseverance, as he has consistently improved his game throughout his career.
- Finally, Nowitzki has demonstrated the importance of having a strong support system, as his family and friends have been instrumental in helping him reach the heights of success he has achieved.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Dirk Nowitzki quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Dirk Nowitzki to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Dirk Nowitzki. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage