24+ Eliot Engel Quotes (Diplomatic, Progressive And Experienced)
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Eliot Engel Quotes (BEST)
- On the eve of World War I, an estimated two million Armenians lived in the Ottoman Empire. Well over a million were deported and hundreds of thousands were simply killed.
- The freedom of thought and expression is one of the most sacred rights in this country.
- Yet, nearly 6 decades after the Holocaust concluded, Anti-Semitism still exists as the scourge of the world.
- Too small is our world to allow discrimination, bigotry and intolerance to thrive in any corner of it, let alone in the United States of America.
- I believe that ultimately the situation in Kosovo can only be resolved through self-determination.
- Adult stem cells are also problematic, as they are difficult to identify, purify and grow, and simply may not exist for certain diseased tissues that need to be replaced.
- I do not think we should be trying to save our freedom by killing the safeguards that keep our liberties.
- It is my hope that as we commemorate Black History Month in the future, we will continue to celebrate the many achievements and rich culture of African-Americans.
- While Haiti has recently celebrated more than 200 years of independence from French colonial rule, the citizens of the island remain vulnerable to poverty, poor health, and political chaos.
- All Americans owe a debt of gratitude to Dr. King for his bravery and commitment to civil rights and nonviolence that changed this nation - and world - for the better.
Eliot Engel Short Quotes
- I very much regret that our administration has pushed the whole issue of Kosovo to the back burner.
- These are three American citizens and we really demand answers for American citizens.
- A middle class is so important to a society that its value cannot be overestimated.
Eliot Engel Famous Quotes And Sayings
Scientists have stated that embryonic stem cells provide the best opportunity for devising unique treatments of these serious diseases since, unlike adult stem cells, they may be induced to develop into any type of cell. — Eliot Engel
I wholeheartedly support umbilical stem cell research, but also support embryonic stem cell research. — Eliot Engel
The countless number of influential figures in American history who are of Caribbean heritage indicates the need to set aside a designated time to celebrate their contribution to our country. — Eliot Engel
The free nations of the world will not be pushed around by terrorist cowards whose goal is to spread fear and destruction and destroy our liberty and way of life. — Eliot Engel
The Satellite Home Viewer Improvement Act expires at the end of this year. Thus, we must act quickly to ensure our constituents continue to receive the services they enjoy. — Eliot Engel
We stand with the people of Taiwan and their democratic ways, and I am proud to be a part of reaffirming the unwavering commitment to the Taiwan Relations Act by the United States Congress. — Eliot Engel
The only plan the Administration seems to have for winning the war is that there is no plan and no schedule for our troops to come home and get out of harm's way. — Eliot Engel
I've been deeply concerned that to date no individuals have been convicted for the brutal killing of three United States citizens, the Bytyqi brothers: Agron, Ylli, and Mehmet.... It's a long time ago, we want to move on, but eleven years after the discovery of their bodies no one has been held accountable for their killing and the chief suspects in the chain of command, including the camp commander, have never been charged. — Eliot Engel
We all would like to see a brighter future for Haiti, and I hope this conference will serve to explore many views. Respect for human rights, freedom, and the rule of law must be established in the poorest nation in our hemisphere. — Eliot Engel
Preventing terrorist attacks is of the highest important, but trashing the Constitution is not the right way to do it. — Eliot Engel
I represent a district covering Rockland, Westchester and Bronx counties, all of which are part of the 9 million people that this water is so important for. — Eliot Engel
Life Lessons by Eliot Engel
- Eliot Engel taught us the importance of staying true to your values and beliefs, even in the face of adversity.
- He also showed us the importance of working hard and staying focused on the task at hand, no matter how difficult it may be.
- Finally, he demonstrated the power of collaboration and working together to achieve a common goal.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Eliot Engel quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Eliot Engel to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Eliot Engel. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage