34+ Franz Beckenbauer Quotes On Soccer, Sports And World
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Franz Beckenbauer Quotes (BEST)
- We should not compare humans to God, but Messi is a godly player.
- Real Madrid is a legendary team that stands above all others and is the target of all players.
- Messi is a genius. He has everything. When I watch him, I see a player who is very, very skilful, very clever and his left foot is like Diego Maradona's.
- He has been named as the heir apparent of the great Argentine hero, Diego Maradona, by journalists, players, and Maradona himself, alike. I'd personally put him in a drawer of my bedside table.
- It's quite possible that Beckham suffers from a mental block at big tournaments
- No one wanted to fall back behind so both teams wated for a mistake from the other.
- The Netherlands have great strikers... but they are only playing one. They are depriving themselves of their best qualities and shooting themselves in the foot.
- He shouldn't have resigned over that game. It was not a bad performance; in fact it was quite a good one for England. I would not have resigned under those circumstances.
- You have to sometimes shoot from the second row, that's all football. So you have to be a bit more flexible.
- The Olympic stadium may have been built only in the early 1970s but it was clear for a long time it had no future. For many reasons it is not good enough for modern football and today's fans.
Franz Beckenbauer Short Quotes
- At least six Bayern players, who have won almost everything, are in the national squad.
- Since Sven Goran Eriksson took over, England have been fantastic.
- There's only one possibility: win, draw or loose.
- What FC Bayern has become is thanks to Gerd Mueller.
- You know the Dutch, they're always a bit funny... some of them.
- Sometimes, in the dressing room, I think I am in Hollywood.
- Possession means nothing when the opponent takes its chances
- It is not the strong one that wins, the one that wins is strong.
- Penalty shooting is always an uncertain affair because there is a lot of luck involved.
Franz Beckenbauer Quotes On World
Football is one of the world's best means of communication. It is impartial, apolitical and universal. Football unites people around the world every day. Young or old, players or fans, rich or poor, the game makes everyone equal, stirs the imagination, makes people happy and makes them sad — Franz Beckenbauer
The World Cup tournament overall and, naturally, the new stadiums at its heart, are the ideal platform to portray Germany as a positive and exceptional location, and above all of course, as a highly capable economic location. — Franz Beckenbauer
At the World Cup and even now at the Confederations Cup, our security provisions will ensure the greatest level of protection possible for all those participating - both inside and outside the stadiums. — Franz Beckenbauer
It would make me a lot happier if I could meet up again next year with as many friends as possible from all over the world who I've met during my career. That's where the great opportunity lies, for me personally, in our role as World Cup host. — Franz Beckenbauer
George Best was one of the most talented players of all time and probably the best footballer who never made it to a major world final. — Franz Beckenbauer
We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more. — Franz Beckenbauer
Certainly it is a different world for players nowadays. But it depends on the individual. — Franz Beckenbauer
The one who’s really, really impressed me is Benedikt Höwedes because he’s playing out of position. He’s never played at left back before in his life but he’s having a first-rate World Cup. So, the most astonishing player for me is Höwedes. — Franz Beckenbauer
Franz Beckenbauer Famous Quotes And Sayings
The trouble for today's footballers is they have too many distractions. We used to get our old players coming to watch training with football magazines in their hands. Now, more often than not, they are checking the share prices. — Franz Beckenbauer
We are the last remaining country to allow ourselves two breaks in the season. You just have to look at England, Italy and Spain, they play right through the season. We on the other hand take six weeks off in the winter until the end of January, and that is a luxury. — Franz Beckenbauer
For example, Michael Jordan earns $100million a year but continues to play basketball and remains a modest human being. — Franz Beckenbauer
As someone who played a team sport, I feel a bit uncomfortable being ranked as an individual so high. — Franz Beckenbauer
Germany needs to have a handicap, like in golf. They ought to start each match with two goals in advance to their opposition. — Franz Beckenbauer
If someone has the chance to be top scorer and you want to encourage him, then you give him the chance to be top scorer but it never happened. That's why I believe something is going on there. — Franz Beckenbauer
The most important thing however is the money. What use would it be to us, to have a a mighty stadium but a useless team, because we couldn't afford anything better? — Franz Beckenbauer
Life Lessons by Franz Beckenbauer
- Franz Beckenbauer showed that hard work and dedication can lead to success, as he was a successful player and coach in the German Football League.
- He also showed that it is possible to be successful in multiple areas of sport, as he was successful both as a player and a coach.
- Franz Beckenbauer also demonstrated the importance of having a positive attitude and staying focused on achieving your goals, no matter the challenges you may face.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Franz Beckenbauer quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Franz Beckenbauer to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Franz Beckenbauer. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage