34+ Guillaume Apollinaire Quotes On Education, Friendship And Edge
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Guillaume Apollinaire Quotes (BEST)
- Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.
- Come to the edge.' 'We can't. We're afraid.' 'Come to the edge.' 'We can't. We will fall!' 'Come to the edge.' And they came. And he pushed them. And they flew.
- When man resolved to imitate walking, he invented the wheel, which does not look like a leg. In doing this, he was practicing surrealism without knowing it.
- Cubism is the art of depicting new wholes with formal elements borrowed not only from the reality of vision, but from that of conception.
- Artists are, above all, men who want to become inhuman.
- Without poets, without artists, men would soon weary of nature's monotony.
- A structure becomes architectural, and not sculptural, when its elements no longer have their justification in nature.
- To insist on purity is to baptize instinct, to humanize art, and to deify personality.
- The plastic virtues: purity, unity, and truth, keep nature in subjection.
- Color is the fruit of life.
Guillaume Apollinaire Short Quotes
- Matisse renovates rather than innovates.
- Geometry is to the plastic arts what grammar is to the art of the writer.
- It's raining my soul, it's raining, but it's raining dead eyes.
- Vienne la nuit sonne l'heure Les jours s'en vont je demeure
- Memories are hunting horns whose sound dies on the wind.
- In this mirror, I am enclosed a live and real as you. Imagine angels and not like the reflections.
- How slow life is, how violent hope is.
- I sing the joy of wandering and the pleasure of the wanderer's death
- People quickly grow accustomed to being the slaves of mystery.
- I don't want to work. I want to smoke.
Guillaume Apollinaire Quotes On Artists
Without artists, the order which we find in nature, and which is only an effect of art, would at once vanish. — Guillaume Apollinaire
Without artists, the sublime idea men have of the universe would collapse with dizzying speed. — Guillaume Apollinaire
I hate artists who are not of their time. — Guillaume Apollinaire
Guillaume Apollinaire Famous Quotes And Sayings
Paint with whatever material you please - with pipes, postage stamps, postcards or playing cards, painted paper, or newspapers. — Guillaume Apollinaire
I love men, not for what unites them, but for what divides them, and I want to know most of all what gnaws at their hearts. — Guillaume Apollinaire
Without poets, without artists, men would soon weary of nature's monotony. The sublime idea men have of the universe would collapse with dizzying speed. The order which we find in nature, and which is only an effect of art, would at once vanish. Everything would break up in chaos. There would be no seasons, no civilization, no thought, no humanity; even life would give way, and the impotent void would reign everywhere. — Guillaume Apollinaire
We cannot carry our father's corpse with us everywhere we go. — Guillaume Apollinaire
When man wanted to make a machine that would walk he created the wheel, which does not resemble a leg. — Guillaume Apollinaire
Without poets, without artists... everything would fall apart into chaos. There would be no more seasons, no more civilizations, no more thought, no more humanity, no more life even; and impotent darkness would reign forever. Poets and artists together determine the features of their age, and the future meekly conforms to their edit. — Guillaume Apollinaire
My, how beautiful is war! its songs, its leisure! — Guillaume Apollinaire
Come to the edge, He said. They said, We are afraid. Come to the edge, He said. They came. He pushed them... and they flew. — Guillaume Apollinaire
One day/ One day I waited for myself/ I said to myself Guillaume it's time you came/ So I could know just who I am/ I who know others. — Guillaume Apollinaire
Joy always came after pain. — Guillaume Apollinaire
Twentieth pupil of the centuries knows its stuff and bird-changed this century like Jesus climbs the sky. — Guillaume Apollinaire
Life Lessons by Guillaume Apollinaire
- Guillaume Apollinaire's work emphasizes the importance of living life to the fullest and embracing the beauty of the unknown. He encourages us to take risks and explore the world, to be open to new ideas and experiences, and to never stop learning.
- He also emphasizes the importance of friendship, loyalty, and creativity. He encourages us to make meaningful connections with others, to be brave and honest in our relationships, and to use our imaginations to create something beautiful.
- Finally, Apollinaire reminds us to never give up and to keep striving for our dreams. He encourages us to be resilient and to never stop believing in ourselves and our abilities, no matter what obstacles we may face.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Guillaume Apollinaire quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Guillaume Apollinaire to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Guillaume Apollinaire. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage