32+ Ichiro Suzuki Quotes On Japan, Japanese Culture And Japanese
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Ichiro Suzuki Quotes (BEST)
- If I ever saw myself saying I'm excited going to Cleveland, I'd punch myself in the face, because I'm lying.
- Personally, I don't like the term 'success.' It's too arbitrary and too relative a thing. It's usually someone else's definition, not yours.
- August in Kansas City is hotter than two rats f**king in a sock.
- I want to be the first player to show what Japanese batters can do in the major league.
- People striving for approval from others become phony.
- If I'm in a slump, I ask myself for advice.
- You should seek approval from yourself.
- The more that Japanese players go to the big leagues to play and succeed, the more that will serve to inspire young kids in Japan to want to become baseball players when they grow up.
- As professionals we have a responsibility of providing a good show for the fans. Getting hits and home runs is what they want to see.
- I played on the 2001 team, the team that won the most games in the history of Major League Baseball and also I played on one of the worst teams of Major League Baseball.
Ichiro Suzuki Quotes On Japan
I love baseball, but being here (in the United States), I've been able to play golf every day. I can't play in Japan because every course has caddies, and the caddies all want autographs and don't want to let me golf. — Ichiro Suzuki
When you mail Ichiro something from the States, you only have to use that name on the address and he gets it (in Japan). He's that big. — Ichiro Suzuki
Everybody in the states is so relaxed, and everybody in Japan is so uptight. — Ichiro Suzuki
When I look at the records and see where my place in the history of the game (in Japan with Orix) might be, I guess you could say it was a good decision to come here. It's not just me. Maybe I'll have an effect on others in the international part of the game. — Ichiro Suzuki
Ichiro Suzuki Quotes On People
When people get placed upon a pedestal - when they start chasing after that person on the pedestal - they become mannequin-like. — Ichiro Suzuki
Many people have this image of me. For a long time, I cared about that. — Ichiro Suzuki
Some people enjoy taking a light stroll in the morning and that gives them relief and that sort of feeling. That is what I gain by practicing, by swinging the bat. — Ichiro Suzuki
Ichiro Suzuki Quotes On Feel
The Japanese have a strong tendency to suppress their own feelings. That's the Japanese character. They kill their own emotions. — Ichiro Suzuki
I've made far too many mistakes. That's the way I feel. — Ichiro Suzuki
I feel like I should be more in touch with the nuances of this game. — Ichiro Suzuki
Ichiro Suzuki Famous Quotes And Sayings
Chicks who dig home runs aren't the ones who appeal to me. I think there's sexiness in infield hits because they require technique. I'd rather impress the chicks with my technique than with my brute strength. Then, every now and then, just to show I can do that, too, I might flirt a little by hitting one out. — Ichiro Suzuki
I'm not a big guy and hopefully kids could look at me and see that I'm not muscular and not physically imposing, that I'm just a regular guy. So if somebody with a regular body can get into the record books, kids can look at that. That would make me happy. — Ichiro Suzuki
In baseball, even the best hitters fail seven of ten times, and of those seven failures there are different reasons why. Some are personal failures, others are losses to the pitcher. You just get beat. In those personal failures, I felt I could have done better. — Ichiro Suzuki
I think if you look at the friends, the kinds of relationships I have, I am not the kind of guy who has many shallow relationships. I think you could say I am the kind of guy who has a few relationships, but those are very deep. — Ichiro Suzuki
I heard that in the United States the level of baseball was the highest in the world. So it was only natural that I would want to go there, as a baseball player. — Ichiro Suzuki
I'm anxious to face them (major league pitchers) all, but in reality I'm looking forward most to (Boston's) Pedro Martinez. He was with the major league team that came to Japan in 1996, just before he became a superstar. I'm anxious to see how much he's improved. And I'm anxious to see how much I've improved against him. — Ichiro Suzuki
I wanted the challenge of competing against the best players in the world. — Ichiro Suzuki
I had a dream. And I made that dream come true. — Ichiro Suzuki
Baseball has been the greatest things in my life, but the cameras and the media surrounding baseball have not been fun. It's unnecessary. How many times do they see me stretch? How many times do they see me walk? It is a big concern. If it affected the team in a negative way, I don't know what I would do. — Ichiro Suzuki
I'm told I either look bigger than I do on television or that I look smaller than I look on television. No one seems to think I look the same size. — Ichiro Suzuki
I've always prided myself in not reveling in past accomplishments and focusing on future achievement, instead. That's been my career motto. — Ichiro Suzuki
I didn't know I hit that way (.625 with runners in scoring position). Maybe not knowing is my secret. If I chased numbers, maybe I wouldn't have as good results. — Ichiro Suzuki
Life Lessons by Ichiro Suzuki
- Ichiro Suzuki has demonstrated that hard work and dedication can lead to success, no matter the odds.
- He has also shown that it is possible to achieve greatness in any field, no matter where you come from.
- Finally, he has proven that with the right attitude, anything is possible.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Ichiro Suzuki quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Ichiro Suzuki to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Ichiro Suzuki. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage