23+ Kathy Mattea Quotes On Education, Tour And Johnny Carson Show
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Kathy Mattea Quotes (BEST)
- A gourmet meal without a glass of wine just seems tragic to me somehow.
- And in fact, I think the more we start to worship perfection the more soul leaks out of art.
- Chocolate's okay, but I prefer a really intense fruit taste. You know when a peach is absolutely perfect... it's sublime. I'd like to capture that and then use it in a dessert.
- You have to listen to what resonates within your own gut. You find your direction there. Your voice comes out.
- You have to write badly to write at all. If it's crappy, I will rewrite it later. But it will be mine. You can hear the resonance of an artist who goes into herself.
- You've got to dance like nobody's watching, and love like it's never going to hurt.
- I want to savor the aging process. As you get older, you trade your innocence for wisdom and the wisdom is your reward.
- I don't live in as much fear as I used to. I'm not afraid of the music business. Life is too damn short. I know what's important, and the tasks are very clear.
- Standing knee deep in a river and dying of thirst.
- Dance like nobody's watching.
Kathy Mattea Short Quotes
- You know, your speaking voice comes back, but your singing voice you use in a different way.
- Love travels the miles upon the wings of Angels.
- I can't even say I've begun yet, but I'm trying on the idea that there is a book in my future.
- Tonight I feel like all of creation is asking us to dance.
- An eye for an eye til everyone is blind.
Kathy Mattea Famous Quotes And Sayings
So all of these things are going on that make you wake up and realize you are a mortal person. You can choose to cruise through your life, but if you do, you're going to open your eyes at some point, and it's gone. — Kathy Mattea
I would step into a place of being lined up with a sense of purpose and my inner compass, and everything was going in the same direction. Then I'd get lazy and get off the track. And then things would start to fall apart, and I'd back up and get it together again. — Kathy Mattea
I've come to understand my role. On some level, I provide the context for them to shine. I also know my role is the steward of the songs, and the center point, the artist that the stuff all revolves around. But I really try to honor that. — Kathy Mattea
If you say that you're all about a certain something, and look back and see that the choices that you've made don't reflect that, then there's something for you to look at. — Kathy Mattea
Sally Barris has a voice like sparkling crystal. You could have knocked me over with a feather the first time I heard her. Her writing is from a deep, yet innocent, place and her point of view is just a bit off center. I am excited for her, she is standing at the beginning of her journey in this town, with all of it ahead of her. It reminds me of the first time I heard Beth Nielson-Chapman or Nanci Griffith. It's going to be fun to watch. — Kathy Mattea
So I really did stop and change what I saw I was about, and really try to put that principle into play as the center of everything - my friendships, my marriage, my career, my family, my way of being in the world. And that changed everything for me. — Kathy Mattea
Or if I have my head in the results, I can't work with what I have, because I'm trying to force something to happen. And with singing, any time you force it, you tighten up. If you tighten up, you're screwed, nothing will work. — Kathy Mattea
I guess the biggest thing is that I committed to a spiritual center before I do anything else. And I put some daily things in my life into practice and I maintain that, to make sure that I don't drop the ball. — Kathy Mattea
Life Lessons by Kathy Mattea
- Kathy Mattea's work teaches us to stay true to our roots and to never forget where we come from. She has stayed true to her Appalachian roots and has used her music to share her stories and experiences.
- Kathy Mattea's work also shows us the importance of collaboration and the power of working together. She has collaborated with many different artists, from bluegrass to pop, to create unique and powerful music.
- Finally, Kathy Mattea's work reminds us to never give up on our dreams, no matter how difficult the journey may be. She has persevered through difficult times and has continued to create beautiful music that has touched the hearts of many.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Kathy Mattea quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Kathy Mattea to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Kathy Mattea. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage