31+ Lucy Lawless Quotes On Education, X Files And Snl
Top 10 Lucy Lawless Quotes (BEST)
- We live at the edge of the world, so we live on the edge. Kiwis will always sacrifice money and security for adventure and challenge.
- Happiness is a choice. You grieve, you stomp your feet, you pick yourself up and choose to be happy.
- Now it wasn’t just that Xena was bisexual and kinda liked her gal pal and they kind of fooled around sometimes, it was ‘Nope, they’re married, man.'
- I am not intimidating. I am a woman's woman. I love hanging out with women. And people are really inspired by this show.
- One of my missions is to get people to go, "Oh, she's really nice and I really like her, but what were the words she just said?!" I want your instincts to be at odds with your mind.
- I've often wanted to play the victim, or somebody who makes terrible choices. I would love to play the alcoholic mother who horribly lets down her children. That's a great morally imperiled role.
- Growing up, I looked up to real women. I didn't go in for hero worship and I still don't. Everybody has feet of clay.
- I think the people running climate change denial campaigns are sociopaths.
- When you decide to become an opera singer, it's a commitment that allows nothing else to interfere. Even your family - and I have a young daughter - has to take second place.
- I'm not someone who ever enjoys violence against women or children.
Lucy Lawless Famous Quotes And Sayings
Nudity and sex scenes are two completely different things. Nudity you can kind of get used to, but not when there is movement and relating involved. The sex scenes are very uncomfortable because that's something to be protected, so you have a visceral reaction to not exploit that. — Lucy Lawless
At first, being a female role model really terrified me. But it hasn't turned out to be an awful burden. I get a lot of letters from women who tell me that, after watching Xena, they have bought the Harley-Davidson they always wanted or left an abusive relationship. — Lucy Lawless
I was sitting in the looping studio late one night, and I had this epiphany that they weren't paying me for my acting, for God's sake, but to own me. And from then on, it became clear and an awful lot easier to deal with. — Lucy Lawless
I just look at what's the most fun thing I can do next. I'm not looking to prove anything, or to break out or to break away. I feel so lucky, honestly, that I'm still working. — Lucy Lawless
Xena and Gabrielle were a couple...in the end, it was if not explicitly said, it was implicit that...yeah, they totally were. — Lucy Lawless
My voice likes rock music. My problem is, I can do a lot of things, but I have to find my own voice. — Lucy Lawless
Some people think that acting's about being somebody else and I don't. I think this is how I would be given the same circumstances. And I do it for my own enjoyment. — Lucy Lawless
For the first time in my life, I put my body and reputation on the line to stand up for my beliefs and do the right thing. I hope I've encouraged other people to do the same. — Lucy Lawless
Up until I came here this week, and I met so many women and young girls who feel, to use their word - and I'm a bit embarrassed, but it's a good word - empowered, by watching. I realized this isn't a burden, this is an honor. — Lucy Lawless
I get to do all these really nice, little culty things. It seems to be the world that keeps inviting me back. — Lucy Lawless
So yes, the roles are getting more and more like me. But that's because Xena was so entirely unlike me. Most people aren't really aware of that. — Lucy Lawless
There will be hoards of vampire bats descending on Beverly Hills.... We'll see if they can find any real flesh to puncture. I don't know. — Lucy Lawless
It's never very useful to see your character as a villain. You have to play them the way they see themselves. — Lucy Lawless
Who I think is actually doing great things for the appearance of women is that Kardashian girl. Kim Kardashian is giving an alternative. I don't know very much about her and I don't read articles, but just looking at the pictures you go, "Great! There's a girl with an ass, and that's fabulous. On behalf of all girls with asses, thank you." — Lucy Lawless
Very often, I'm part of the deception because the way I play things is that I want you to be able to look back and go, "Oh, my god, I didn't see that at the time, but now it all makes sense," and you want to watch it a second time with the benefit of hindsight. — Lucy Lawless
We actually did quite a lot of comedy on 'Xena'. The whole show was very tongue-in-cheek. — Lucy Lawless
My plan is to shock people with what I can do, because I've got a few sides to me that I've never used on screen. — Lucy Lawless
Comedies are often half-hour programs and then drama and action series are often an hour. — Lucy Lawless
I've tried to divide my time between the US and New Zealand, but it's difficult, and I suddenly realized that I like acting here in Los Angeles anyway. Because when you first come here; especially from New Zealand, you go, This is the ugliest, nastiest, grayest, smoggiest town in the world, and then your scale of beauty adjusts and suddenly you think, Oh, isn't it beautiful, not too much smog today! — Lucy Lawless
I am waiting for a sign that will indicate to me what meaning I must give to my life, but right now my existence is satisfactory. — Lucy Lawless
I'm a bloody fun-seeker. Whatever the role is, I'll find a way to deliver the line that is confounding. — Lucy Lawless
Life Lessons by Lucy Lawless
- Lucy Lawless has taught us that hard work and dedication can lead to success, no matter what obstacles may come your way.
- She has also shown us that it is possible to reinvent yourself and pursue new passions, even if it means leaving behind a successful career.
- Finally, she has demonstrated that it is possible to make a positive impact on the world through activism and philanthropy.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Lucy Lawless quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Lucy Lawless to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Lucy Lawless. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage