24+ Marvin Hamlisch Quotes On Education, Nanny And Match Game
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Marvin Hamlisch Quotes (BEST)
- I still have great faith in what is good and right in all of us.
- I was always drawn to Broadway musicals, and obviously composers like Gershwin, Rodgers, Berlin and Porter were writing music that I found wildly impressive.
- Normally I can balance two or three things. The problem is when you're out of work and don't have anything to balance. I think people assume you're always busy. You go through dry spells.
- The biggest thrill you can have is to tell people one of your songs, and have them be able to hum it.
- My whole thing is not just to play music for people, but to make them part of the evening.
- Maybe I'm old-fashioned. But I remember the beauty and thrill of being moved by Broadway musicals - particularly the endings of shows.
- I'm not one of those people who says, 'I never read reviews,' because I don't believe those people.
- I have always thought of music as a highway with many lanes.
- There have been studies that clearly state that children who are exposed to arts education at a young age will in fact do markedly better in their SAT tests.
- You mustn't underestimate an audience's intelligence.
Marvin Hamlisch Short Quotes
- You know, anyone who invites me to do something makes me feel special.
- I can make a song up about anything: garbage, the weather, things in the news.
- I never took any vocal training.
- If I'm within reach and can be helpful, I have a tendency to say 'Yes.' It's hard to say 'No.
Marvin Hamlisch Quotes On Music
Music can make a difference. There is a global nature to music, which has the potential to bring all people together. Music is truly an international language, and I hope to contribute by widening communication as much as I can. — Marvin Hamlisch
I started studying music at the age of five and a half. My older sister was taking piano lessons. When her teacher left our apartment, I would get up on the piano bench and start picking out the notes that were part of my sister's lessons. — Marvin Hamlisch
Many, many years ago, I was one of the few conductors who talked to the audience and now a lot of classical conductors have figured it out... otherwise, you just get the back of someone's head playing music you could hear on a CD. It's not enough anymore. — Marvin Hamlisch
Let's say music is needed for only 43 seconds of film. You have to score it so it is an entity, so it won't bother anyone when it ends so quickly. Or if a song runs 2 minutes and 45 seconds, but the titles run a minute longer, you have to arrange that song so it doesn't get repetitious. — Marvin Hamlisch
Marvin Hamlisch Quotes On People
I think that when NASA works on a moon shot, they know too well that all of the people working on it must do their job at 110 percent. Sometimes they probably put in 18 hour days, but they're aiming for the moon, and that's what counts. — Marvin Hamlisch
As I get older, I'm slowing down and, yes, calming down in my desire to be taken seriously. That I can be entertaining and funny and high nervous energy can work against me as a serious composer, slowly but surely you'll see me be quieter just so that people will listen. — Marvin Hamlisch
Barbra Streisand is without a doubt one of the most honest people I have ever known. There is no doubt in my mind that she will not be doing any more concerts. Of course, she still will be making records and starring and directing in movies. — Marvin Hamlisch
Marvin Hamlisch Famous Quotes And Sayings
I don't think they understand it's as important as math and science. It rounds you out as a person. I think it gives you a love of certain things. You don't have to become the next great composer. It's just nice to have heard certain things or to have seen certain things. It's part of being a human being. — Marvin Hamlisch
My show business career doesn't mean I can't write a symphony. It just means I was never asked to write one. — Marvin Hamlisch
From the time I could play the piano, I remember trying to write tunes. They were in my head, and I would just sit down and start noodling. Next thing I knew, I had written a melody. — Marvin Hamlisch
Life Lessons by Marvin Hamlisch
- Marvin Hamlisch taught us to never give up on our dreams and to always strive for excellence no matter the odds.
- He showed us that hard work and dedication can lead to success, as he was the first composer to win all four major awards: an Oscar, a Tony, an Emmy and a Grammy.
- He also demonstrated that music can bring people together and create a lasting impact, as his works have been enjoyed by millions of people all over the world.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Marvin Hamlisch quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Marvin Hamlisch to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Marvin Hamlisch. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage