59+ Paul Wellstone Quotes On Culture, Politics And Education
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Paul Wellstone Quotes (BEST)
- If we don't fight hard enough for the things we stand for, at some point we have to recognize that we don't really stand for them.
- There are three critical ingredients to democratic renewal and progressive change in America: good public policy, grassroots organizing and electoral politics.
- I was talking about no nukes, the farm crisis. People said that wasn't stuff that a state auditor was supposed to be talking about. Maybe they were right.
- Politics is not about power. Politics is not about money. Politics is not about winning for the sake of winning. Politics is about the improvement of people's lives.
- The people of this country, not special interest big money, should be the source of all political power.
- The future will not belong to those who sit on the sidelines. The future will not belong to the cynics. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
- Sometimes, the only realists are the dreamers
- Politics is about the improvement of people's lives. It's about advancing the cause of peace and justice in our country and the world. Politics is about doing well for the people.
- The idea of democracy has been stripped of it moral imperatives and come to denote hollowness and hypocrisy.
- Above and beyond the question of how to grow the economy there is a legitimate concern about how to grow the quality of our lives.
Paul Wellstone Short Quotes
- I represent the Democratic wing of the Democratic party.
- Our aims in political activism are not, and should not be, to create a perfect utopia.
- We can and must move U.S. politics forward by means of committed participation.
- Politics is not about winning for the sake of winning.
- Successful organizing is not built on self-interest but rather on dignity and a sense of purpose.
- Without trying, I'm different.
- Politics is not about power.
- There are forces within the Democratic Party who want us to sound like kinder, gentler Republicans.
- We can remake the world daily.
- We all do better, when we all do better.
Paul Wellstone Quotes On Politics
A politics that is not sensitive to the concerns and circumstances of people's lives, a politics that does not speak to and include people, is an intellectually arrogant politics that deserves to fail. — Paul Wellstone
We must regain our vision and hope and move our country forward on an agenda of peace and justice. — Paul Wellstone
The only way to change is to vote. People are responsible. — Paul Wellstone
As free citizens in a political democracy, we have a responsibility to be interested and involved in the affairs of the human community, be it at the local or the global level. — Paul Wellstone
It is the belief that extremes and excesses of inequality must be reduced so that each person is free to fully develop his or her full potential. This is why we take precious time out of our lives and give it to politics. — Paul Wellstone
When too many Americans don't vote or participate, some see apathy and despair. I see disappointment and even outrage. And I believe that out of this frustration can come hope and action. — Paul Wellstone
Our politics are our deepest form of expression: they mirror our past experiences and reflect our dreams and aspirations for the future. — Paul Wellstone
The American polity is infected with a serious imbalance of power between elites and masses, a power which is the principal threat to our democracy. — Paul Wellstone
The Democratic Party has lost much of it credibility with working class and low-income people. It retards progress toward presenting a genuine alternative. — Paul Wellstone
The best kind of politics is when you help people become their own best selves. — Paul Wellstone
Paul Wellstone Quotes On Education
Education and democracy have the same goal: the fullest possible development of human capabilities. — Paul Wellstone
I saw as a teacher how, if you take that spark of learning that those children have, and you ignite it, you can take a child from any background to a lifetime of creativity and accomplishment. — Paul Wellstone
If a teacher does not involve himself, his values, his commitments, in the course of discussion, why should the students? — Paul Wellstone
Paul Wellstone Quotes On Lives
Let there be no distance between the words you say and the life you live. — Paul Wellstone
Politics is not left, right or center ... It's about improving people's lives. — Paul Wellstone
Politics isn't about big money or power games; it's about the improvement of people's lives. — Paul Wellstone
Paul Wellstone Famous Quotes And Sayings
...how can we live in the richest, most privileged country in the world, at the peak of its economic performance, and still hear the Republicans, and too many Democrats, that we cannot afford to provide a good education for every child, that we cannot afford to provide health security for all our citizens? — Paul Wellstone
Successful organizing is based on the recognition that people get organized because they, too, have a vision. — Paul Wellstone
I emphasize self-esteem, self-confidence, and dignity, not as an ideal, but as a real test of community organization. Without leadership development, community organizations do not have staying power. — Paul Wellstone
Why don't we call on the credit card companies to be accountable? They need to be held accountable for their predatory lending practices. — Paul Wellstone
What makes community organizing especially attractive is the faith it places in the ability of the poor to make decisions for themselves. — Paul Wellstone
The kind of national goal we ought to be thinking about is way beyond national product - it is how do we as a nation help our children be the best kinds of people they could possibly be? — Paul Wellstone
What the poor, the weak, and the inarticulate desperately require is power, organization, and a sense of identity and purpose, not rarefied advice of political scientists. — Paul Wellstone
The first task in teaching is to bring to consciousness what the students already believe by virtue of their personal experiences about themselves and society. — Paul Wellstone
The problem with party politics is that people get involved every two or four years and that is it. In the meantime, the legislature and Minnesota politics are on a separate track. — Paul Wellstone
We're not going to have real security until we invest in our children. — Paul Wellstone
I'm short, I'm Jewish and I'm a liberal — Paul Wellstone
We must renew democracy itself. We have to fight cynicism and inertia and restore faith in the advancement of our country. — Paul Wellstone
There is a major ingredient missing from our perception of how changes are brought about; that ingredient is power. — Paul Wellstone
Politics is not predictions and politics is not observations. Politics is what we do. Politics is what we do, politics is what we create, by what we work for, by what we hope for and what we dare to imagine. — Paul Wellstone
I do believe that there's going to be a pretty strong consensus for a very strong .. censure resolution. — Paul Wellstone
Our aims in political activism are not, and should not be, to create a perfect utopia. What we seek is more simply to improve the quality of human life while at the same time respecting the natural environment which sustains it: 'Not a heaven on earth but a better earth on earth.' This is not at all a timid agenda, far from it. The work ahead of us is enormous! — Paul Wellstone
Never separate the life you lead from the words you speak. — Paul Wellstone
I think the future also will not belong to those who are cynical or those who stand on the sidelines — Paul Wellstone
The future will belong to those who have passion and are willing to work hard to make our country better — Paul Wellstone
The future belongs to those who are passionate and work hard. — Paul Wellstone
I don't think politics has anything to do with left, right, or center. It has to do with trying to do right by people. — Paul Wellstone
We need a new kind of citizenship, so that we can see citizens as themselves earning the rank of patriot because of their involvement in their community affairs....We as a society need to be encouraging people to focus not just on individual wants but on serving the larger community. — Paul Wellstone
I dare to imagine a country where every child I hold in my hands, are all God's children, regardless of the color of their skin, regardless of whether they're boy or girl, regardless of religion, regardless of rich or poor, that every child I hold in my hands, will have the same chance to reach her full potential or his full potential. That is the goodness of our country. That is the essence of the American dream. — Paul Wellstone
Life Lessons by Paul Wellstone
- Paul Wellstone taught us that it is possible to fight for justice and equality while maintaining a spirit of compassion and understanding.
- He showed us that a single person can have a huge impact on the world and that it is possible to make a difference through persistence and hard work.
- He also demonstrated the importance of standing up for what you believe in, even when it is unpopular or difficult to do so.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Paul Wellstone quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Paul Wellstone to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Paul Wellstone. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage