29+ Pearl Buck Quotes And Sayings
Following is our list of the best Pearl Buck quotes and sayings.
Top 10 Pearl Buck Quotes (BEST)
- You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings.
- Growth itself contains the germ of happiness.
- Every great mistake has a halfway moment, a split second when it can be recalled and perhaps remedied.
- Inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that is where I renew my springs that never dry up.
- The bitterest creature under heaven is the wife who discovers that her husband's bravery is only bravado, that his strength is only a uniform, that his power is but a gun in the hands of a fool.
- None who have always been free can understand the terrible fascinating power of the hope of freedom to those who are not free.
- Love dies only when growth stops.
- To serve is beautiful, but only if it is done with joy and a whole heart and a free mind.
- The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible -- and achieve it, generation after generation.
- If you want to understand today, you have to search yesterday.
Pearl Buck Short Quotes
- Self-expression must pass into communication for its fulfillment.
- Men would rather be starving and free than fed in bonds.
- Praise out of season, or tactlessly bestowed, can freeze the heart as much as blame.
- Nothing and no one can destroy the Chinese people. They are relentless survivors.
- Ah well, perhaps one has to be very old before one learns how to be amused rather than shocked.
- Man was lost if he went to a usurer, for the interest ran faster than a tiger upon him.
- Love alone could waken love.
- It is better to be first with an ugly woman than the hundredth with a beauty.
Pearl Buck Famous Quotes And Sayings
The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration. — Pearl Buck
Our society must make it right and possible for old people not to fear the young or be deserted by them, for the test of a civilization is the way that it cares for its helpless members. — Pearl Buck
What is a neglected child? He is a child not planned for, not wanted. Neglect begins, therefore, before he is born. — Pearl Buck
We send missionaries to China so the Chinese can get to heaven, but we won't let them into our country. — Pearl Buck
In this unbelievable universe in which we live there are no absolutes. Even parallel lines, reaching into infinity, meet somewhere yonder. — Pearl Buck
Nothing in life is as good as the marriage of true minds between man and woman. As good? It is life itself. — Pearl Buck
Be born anywhere, little embryo novelist, but do not be born under the shadow of a great creed, not under the burden of original sin, not under the doom of Salvation. — Pearl Buck
The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: a human creature born abnormally, inhumanly sensitive. To him, a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death. Add to this cruelly delicate organism the overpowering necessity to create, create, create - so that without the creating of music or poetry or books or buildings or something of meaning, his very breath is cut off from him. He must create, must pour out creation. By some strange, unknown, inward urgency he is not really alive unless he is creating. — Pearl Buck
Some are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same -- and most mothers kiss and scold together. — Pearl Buck
Like Confucius of old, I am so absorbed in the wonder of earth and the life upon it that I cannot think of heaven and the angels. I have enough for this life. If there is no other life, then this one has been enough to make it worth being born, myself a human being. — Pearl Buck
I don't wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to earth. — Pearl Buck
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Pearl Buck quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Pearl Buck to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Pearl Buck. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage