36+ Pearl Cleage Quotes On Order, Inspiring And Refreshing
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Pearl Cleage Quotes (BEST)
- ...no woman can love a weak man hard enough to make him strong.
- Discomfort is always a necessary part of enlightenment.
- ...freedom can be a full-time job if you let it.
- Loneliness is black coffee and late-night television; solitude is herb tea and soft music.
- Feminism is to sexism what black nationalism is to racism; the most rational response to the problem.
- old habits are hard to break, but not impossible!
- Vera Stark is a fabulous force of nature.
- Putting words on paper regularly is part of the necessary discipline of writing. A journal is a great way to do that.
- Sisterhood is a funny thing. It's easy to recognize, but hard to define.
- Domestic violence is the front line of the war against women.
Pearl Cleage Short Quotes
- Loneliness is random; solitude is ritual.
- I've never been to Paris. I don't like to fly!
- But it is the fear, not the writing that defeats me. Everything is not a masterpiece.
- you can't know the meaning of the lesson until class is over!
- the problem with knowing is that it takes away the possibility of pretending!
Pearl Cleage Quotes On Love
We danced too wild, and we sang too long, and we hugged too hard, and we kissed too sweet, and howled just as loud as we wanted to howl, because by now we were all old enough to know that what looks like crazy on an ordinary day looks a lot like love if you catch it in the moonlight. — Pearl Cleage
I really love writing comedy. Writing romantic comedy is even nicer because you get to write about how insane we all act when we're falling in love. — Pearl Cleage
a lot of brothers don't understand. When it comes to making love, reciprocity is everything. — Pearl Cleage
What looks like crazy on an ordinary day looks looks a lot like love if you catch it in the moonlight. — Pearl Cleage
If you don't annoy your big sister for no good reason from time to time, she thinks you don't love her anymore. — Pearl Cleage
Pearl Cleage Famous Quotes And Sayings
Loneliness is black coffee and late-night television; solitude is herb tea and soft music. Solitude, quality solitude, is an assertion of self-worth, because only in the stillness can we hear the truth of our own unique voices. — Pearl Cleage
It is a dangerous time to be a black woman in America. It’s a time when we are not safe in the streets or at home or at school or at work and nobody seems to be able to do anything about it. Nobody. Not us. Not our mommas. Not the police. Not the people we elected to look out for our interests. Nobody. We’re just out here. (p.53) — Pearl Cleage
Buying flowers is not just a way to bring home beauty. It's an expression of confidence that better days are coming. It's a defiant finger in the face of those naysayers who would have you believe your fortunes will never improve. — Pearl Cleage
You know the Buddhists believe that sometimes when everything is in turmoil, it's because something wonderful is ready to be born and that thing is distracting you so it can have some privacy during the birthing process. — Pearl Cleage
When I got to the end of this play, I realized I was trying to make Angel do something that had not been justified by the characters and by their story . . .. I kept trying to force it, but that doesn't work. So I had to come to terms with what it meant for me to create a character who doesn't triumph. — Pearl Cleage
I think all negotiations should take place at a round table and everybody should have to rotate counterclockwise once an hour so that even the perception of head of the table, or foot, are ritually obliterated. — Pearl Cleage
As African-Americans, we often spend our time and energy blaming other people for the problems we see around us. — Pearl Cleage
When you're young, there's a whole lot of stuff you say you'll never do. Once you get a little older, the list tends to get shorter. — Pearl Cleage
Any time your life is at stake and you can't find even one woman to come forward and say, 'This is a good man,' your problem isn't what kind of woman THEY are. Your problem is what kind of men YOU are. — Pearl Cleage
I think it's hard to make a living as a writer, but I think it's hard to work at McDonald's too.... I think the commitment is to get up everyday and say, "I'm a writer, therefore what I'm supposed to do today is write." And to do that, and to do that and to do that. — Pearl Cleage
Sometimes you have to show them what they want to see in order to get them to show you who they really are. — Pearl Cleage
You can't save a person who doesn't want to be saved. It was like Mr. Eddie always told the new gardeners: Everybody's got to kill their own snakes. — Pearl Cleage
I think the black community is no different from any other community. We need to take responsibility for how we live together. We need to be personally responsible for keeping our streets clean, our schools safe, and our houses peaceful. — Pearl Cleage
Sometimes you meet yourself on the road before you have a chance to learn the appropriate greeting. Faced with your own possibilities, the hard part is knowing a speech is not required. All you have to say is yes. — Pearl Cleage
I think that theater is a unique way to communicate with people as they gather together with other people they may not even know. It creates a sense of shared community for the time of the performance that hopefully carries over into other aspects of the audience's life because they have shared this experience together. — Pearl Cleage
Many times, what people call 'writer's block' is the confusion that happens when a writer has a great idea, but their writing skill is not up to the task of putting that idea down on paper. I think that learning the craft of writing is critical. — Pearl Cleage
Life Lessons by Pearl Cleage
- Pearl Cleage's work emphasizes the importance of understanding and celebrating our own unique identity, history, and culture.
- She encourages readers to take action and speak out against injustices and to strive for a more equitable and just society.
- Her work also emphasizes the power of storytelling and the importance of using our own stories to create a better future.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Pearl Cleage quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Pearl Cleage to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Pearl Cleage. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage