70+ Portia de Rossi Quotes On Beauty, Art And Ally Mcbeal
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Portia De Rossi Quotes (BEST)
- When you have the paparazzi hiding in the bushes outside your home, the only thing you can control is how you respond publicly.
- Everyone is their own kind of lesbian. To think there's a certain way to dress or present yourself in the world is just one more stereotype we have to fit into.
- Just look at all the awards shows now. It has turned into a catwalk. You have to be wearing a certain designer, a certain dress, and everyone's critiquing.
- Average. It was the worst, most disgusting word in the English language. Nothing meaningful or worthwhile ever came from that word.
- I've had so many interviews where the last question is, Are you gay? I had to find very creative ways to say that I was gay, but that I wasn't going to talk about it.
- My sexuality is a part of me that I really like. But it's not the totality of me.
- Most important, in order to find real happiness, you must learn to love yourself for the totality of who you are and not just what you look like.
- I didn't choose the fact that I was gay, but I did choose whether to live my life as a gay woman-that was the terrifying thing for me. Especially being a gay actress.
- I'm living by example by continuing on with my career and having a full, rich life, and I am incidentally gay.
- True nobility isn't about being better than anyone else; it's about being better than you used to be.
Portia De Rossi Short Quotes
- I had a hell of a time convincing people I was gay - which was so annoying!
- Supermodels are over, and the new picture girl has become the television actress.
- I try to be feminine, yet intellectual and smart at the same time. You don't see enough of that.
- People might find me attractive, but it's also my job to prove that I can be intelligent.
- I justified it in so many ways. I had a very, very long and difficult struggle with my sexuality.
- I don't even like watching sex scenes in movies. I have a slight prudish side to me.
- I was very sexual from a very young age.
- And I somehow always felt less lonely when I was completely alone.
- Restriction generates yearning. You want what you cannot have.
- I'm not quite as limber, but for my peers and my age group, I'm still top notch!
Portia de Rossi Quotes On Life
Life can take so many twists and turns. You can’t ever count yourself out. Even if you’re really afraid at some point, you can’t think that there’s no room for you to grow and do something good with your life. — Portia de Rossi
It sounds so trite, but my private life is mine. — Portia de Rossi
I highly recommend inviting the worst-case scenario into your life. — Portia de Rossi
Portia de Rossi Quotes On Love
I stumbled into acting and just loved it. I deferred law school - and I'm still deferred. — Portia de Rossi
I love being able to wear dresses and clothes that make me feel feminine and beautiful, and I love the fact that I don't have to all the time; I can wear a tank and jeans. — Portia de Rossi
Healing comes from love. And loving every living thing in turn helps you love yourself. — Portia de Rossi
I love to work. I really enjoy getting up really early and driving downtown. I just really love the process of acting and being on a series. — Portia de Rossi
I have to be asked, I guess, but I love the idea of marriage. I think it's beautiful. I'm such a romantic, and I always have been. — Portia de Rossi
Every animal has its own intelligence and sensitivities. They're all lovely, worthwhile, and deserving of our respect. — Portia de Rossi
I love body parts, especially hands. — Portia de Rossi
Portia de Rossi Famous Quotes And Sayings
If I was 14 and knew some gay people, I wouldn't nearly have had the struggle I had. Our world is definitely changing. — Portia de Rossi
Reality TV now doesn't feel reality TV when it started. The line between reality and fiction is blurred. So many of these people are phony or shallow, in their own right. If you've ever watched any of The Real Housewives, or those types of shows, they're all performing. Even though they're real people, they're performing. — Portia de Rossi
When I was anorexic it just seemed like I literally wanted to disappear. And now I would like to reappear. — Portia de Rossi
If you've looked at all the glamour magazines lately, all the covers are actresses. If they are on those covers, they are going to try to emulate models. That's just the way it is. — Portia de Rossi
The most important thing for me was to never, ever, ever deny it. But I didn't really have the courage to talk about it. I was thinking, The people who need to know I'm gay know. — Portia de Rossi
I married him for a green card. We had a really great, caring relationship; it just obviously wasn't right for me. — Portia de Rossi
I began to see myself as someone who can help others understand diversity rather than feeling like a social outcast. Ellen taught me to not care about other people's opinions. She taught me to be truthful. She taught me to be free. I began to live my life in love and complete acceptance. For the first time I had truly accepted myself. — Portia de Rossi
The diet industry is making a lot of money selling us fad diets, nonfat foods full of chemicals, gym memberships, and pills while we lose a piece of our self-esteem every time we fail another diet or neglect to use the gym membership we could barely afford. — Portia de Rossi
I knew that I was gay, I knew it. I just couldn't see myself as a gay woman, even though that's where my heart was. — Portia de Rossi
I want young people to see me and think you can be feminine and smart and successful, all at the same time. — Portia de Rossi
I wondered if that's what aging felt like. That desire and reality were dueling until the day you die, that nobody every got to a place of peace. I had always wanted to get old so I didn't have to care anymore, but I began to think that it would be best just to skip the getting older part and just die. — Portia de Rossi
I would eat 300 calories a day - a lot of Jell-O and no-sugar everything, of course. I was doing Pilates, weight-training, circuit training; over lunch I would run on a treadmill in my dressing room with a fan on my face so I wouldn't sweat my makeup off. — Portia de Rossi
The theory of objectivism claims that there are certain things that most people in society can agree upon. A model is pretty. A lawyer is smart. Our society is based upon objectivism. It’s how we make rules and why we obey them. — Portia de Rossi
When it’s quiet in my head like this, that’s when the voice doesn’t need to tell me how pathetic I am. I know it in the deepest part of me. When it’s quiet like this, that’s when I truly hate myself. — Portia de Rossi
I have a very, very healthy relationship with food in that I eat whatever I want, whenever I want. I never restrict quantities or types of food. — Portia de Rossi
You live with the fear people might find out. Then you actually have the courage to tell people and they go, I don't think you are gay. It's enough to drive you crazy. — Portia de Rossi
I never, ever, restrict food, and I will never go on a diet ever again. — Portia de Rossi
I'm really attracted to strong women. Let me rephrase that, I'm really attracted to strong female characters. — Portia de Rossi
My feelings for Ellen overrode all of my fear about being out as a lesbian. I had to be with her, and I just figured I'd deal with the other stuff later. — Portia de Rossi
I did a lot of fast talking as a youth; I was pretty good at it. I was never talked into it - I was always the one doing the talking. — Portia de Rossi
I was trying to find a reason for having had to escape from the place that was my home. To convince myself of my choices, I had to make it a place that everyone should want to escape from. — Portia de Rossi
You don't have to be emaciated or vomiting to be suffering. All people who live their lives on a diet are suffering. — Portia de Rossi
Women in the postfeminist era, while supposedly strong and commanding and equal to men in every sense, looked weaker and smaller than ever before. — Portia de Rossi
I didn't understand that playing roles in any relationship is false and will inevitably lead to the relationship's collapse. No one can be any one thing all the time. — Portia de Rossi
It's always fun to play the innocent, no matter what you're doing. If you feel like you're doing the right thing, you can get away with a lot comedically. I had definitely missed not having a conscience. — Portia de Rossi
Thanks so much, everybody, for making gay marriage legal, thank you for everything you've done-I'm just going to walk through that door — Portia de Rossi
I had to find a relationship with someone who could simultaneously make me grow up and keep me forever young. — Portia de Rossi
Being sick allows you to check out of life. Getting well again means you have to check back in. It is absolutely crucial that you feel ready to check back into life because you feel as though something has changed from the time before you were sick. Whatever it was that made you feel insecure, less than, or pressured to live in a way that was uncomfortable to you has to change before you want to go back there and start over. — Portia de Rossi
We must be able to inspire. That's my goal in acting. — Portia de Rossi
Normal" isn't an adjective you wish to hear after putting that much effort into making sure it was spectacular. — Portia de Rossi
At my high school graduation, I graduated from home school, so it was pregnant teens and gang members. But, when I got on stage, there were kids in the background who all screamed, "Marry me!," very loud. — Portia de Rossi
She'd tell me how she'd handle the backhanded compliment by smiling and pretending she was receiving a genuine compliment all the while ignoring their attempt to be insulting. After all, it's the way an insult is received that makes it an insult. You can't really give offense unless someone takes it. — Portia de Rossi
I knew I wasn't attractive, and I was very happy about that. I didn't want to be attractive. I didn't want to attract. As long as no one wanted to be let in, I didn't have to shut anyone out. — Portia de Rossi
There's a fine line between being private and being ashamed. — Portia de Rossi
I thought that if I accomplished enough, that somehow I would be let off the hook in the future. Like I didn’t have to keep striving and achieving because I had done that already, and it would add up to being enough. — Portia de Rossi
Shame weighs a lot more than flesh and bone. — Portia de Rossi
In high school I had sex with girls quite a few times. They were straight women who I convinced to jump in the sack with me. — Portia de Rossi
When I watched Ellen come out in '97, my jaw was on the floor. I thought, There are some people who break the doors down, hold them open, and some people who walk right through. — Portia de Rossi
Even if I'm hormonal and I feel like I've got a couple pounds of water weight, I will never starve myself, I will never, ever go on a diet. — Portia de Rossi
Even when I took first prize, topped the class, won the race, I never really won anything. I was merely avoiding the embarrassment of losing. — Portia de Rossi
Life Lessons by Portia de Rossi
- Portia de Rossi has taught us that it is possible to overcome any obstacle and achieve success, no matter how difficult the journey may be.
- She has also shown us that it is important to be true to yourself and to stand up for what you believe in.
- Finally, she has demonstrated the power of resilience and the importance of never giving up, no matter how hard the journey may be.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Portia de Rossi quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Portia de Rossi to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Portia de Rossi. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage