25+ Sue Wicks Quotes On World, Basketball And Inspiration
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Sue Wicks Quotes (BEST)
- There's a lot of room to grow, and the women who believe they're worth it are the ones who are going to make good things happen during the next period of WNBA growth.
- To be on television and have my nieces and nephews see me, and seeing them wear my shirt to the games and be proud, it's so sweet. Sometimes it feels like it's just a dream.
- Every year I try to keep in excellent shape and improve some part of my game. I play in the offseason overseas to keep my game tuned up and hopefully improve a little in some area.
- I think sportsmanship is knowing that it is a game, that we are only as a good as our opponents, and whether you win or lose, to always give 100 percent.
- When I come off the bench, I'm looking to add energy, and then I play defense and rebound. Also, at the end of the game, I have the experience to go out there and help us win.
- Sometimes people think that if you're always helping people up and never hit someone with a hard foul, you're automatically a good sport. I don't believe that.
- When I see these young girls who are dreaming the dream that I'm living, it's very very exciting and it puts a big smile on my face.
- You shouldn't just work on your jump shot. You should work on being a better person, a better teammate, and a better friend.
- I try to never lose sight of what a special time it is to be a women's basketball player.
- I'd like to coach the Liberty. That's my dream. But maybe I'd coach a college team. Either way, I'd like to stay involved in sports and to coach.
Sue Wicks Quotes On Play
Rookies are also coming in from college programs as big stars, whereas when we came in, we were just happy to be there. We were happy to be playing in a big gym, to be on television, to be playing in America. — Sue Wicks
I even believe if you're killing a team, you shouldn't stop. You should respect your opponents enough to play 100 percent the whole time. And by the same token, if you're getting killed by the other team, you should never quit. — Sue Wicks
I was very pleased that the positive things about me and my game outshone the aggressive style of play I use. I would never tone that down, because I believe in that style of play, and I believe that you can play rough on the court and still be a good sport. — Sue Wicks
For me, being a starter doesn't matter. Of course, I'd like to be in at the end of the game, to be a big part of the team, and to play as many minutes as I can play. But starting and coming off the bench are two different challenges. — Sue Wicks
I was surprised I won the award because I've always been a very aggressive player and I earn my share of fouls on the court. I play rough, and because I'm an older player, of course I use tricks on the younger players. — Sue Wicks
It's funny, 'cause it seems like just yesterday that I was the youngest player just starting out. But now there are young players all over the league, and they'll ask me questions about playing overseas or finding an agent. — Sue Wicks
For me, the money isn't a big issue. I'm at the end of my career and I'm just happy to play. — Sue Wicks
There's lots of charity stuff that I can do. There are actually a million things to do here, but it would be very hard for me to stop going overseas, because I've been doing that for longer than I've been playing in the WNBA. — Sue Wicks
Sue Wicks Quotes On Players
You have to demand things and believe you're worth more. And once you do demand them, you're usually going to get them. The players who first came in were very humble because we came from obscurity. Today's players, on the other hand, have a sense of entitlement. — Sue Wicks
Players should know that if you can't make the contribution of the winning shot, that your attitude every day when you come to practice, or the positive contribution you make through cheering and keeping up team morale, is just as important in the overall picture. — Sue Wicks
As far as starting or not starting, that means more to some players than others. And if it means more to someone else, I think you should let them start and just go out there and do your job when it's your turn. — Sue Wicks
Sue Wicks Famous Quotes And Sayings
In preseason camp, there are no friends. when newcomers arrive trying to take not only your job, but maybe your best friend's job, you work together to try to help each other. Everyone is an outsider until you're given a uniform. — Sue Wicks
It's not to hurt anyone, but basketball can be rough. — Sue Wicks
Once you know what to expect, it gets easier and easier. And now I know what I have to do to prepare for each season and what to expect through each season. — Sue Wicks
When I went to college, we had a very good local following, but stations only televised two or three NCAA games a season. And when I went to Europe, once in a while we had a good crowd, but usually not. — Sue Wicks
Life Lessons by Sue Wicks
- Sue Wicks has demonstrated that hard work and dedication can pay off, as she was able to achieve success in both her professional and personal life.
- Her example shows that it is possible to juggle a variety of commitments while still maintaining a high level of performance.
- Her story also highlights the importance of having a strong support system and staying true to yourself, as she has been able to persevere through tough times with the help of her family and friends.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Sue Wicks quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Sue Wicks to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Sue Wicks. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage