49+ Tom Hardy Quotes On Relationship, Being Alone And Money
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Tom Hardy Quotes (BEST)
- It doesn't matter who you are. What matters is your plan.
- We're all flawed human beings and we all have a cauldron of psychosis which we have to unravel as we grow older and find the way we fit in to live our lives as best as possible.
- I'm an armchair psychologist, I suppose, and I like to kind of sit around and guess and pretend I know what's going on.
- I had no immediate knowledge of the world of Batman at all. I'm quite incubated. I just keep myself to myself and my dog.
- I love dogs. Like, A LOT. They’re my favorite animal. Ever.
- I liked you better when you were drunk .
- Ju jitsu is very Buddhist. All that we fear we hold close to ourselves to survive. So if you're drowning and you see a corpse floating by, hang on to it because it will rescue you.
- Online dating is cool but I think Myspace and Facebook is a little bit off key.
- The lack of carbohydrates can make you a little crazy.
- If you look round Hollywood there's no end of white smiles and six packs. Long lines of beautiful people lining up to be incredible on film.
Tom Hardy Short Quotes
- I guess if I had fifty million dollars I could spend more time at home.
- I had a huge imagination. My granddad says I was a bit of a Walter Mitty character.
- Whatever character you play, remember they are always doing something they are not just talking.
- The only thing I can do is wipe my arse, brush my teeth, turn up and do the best work I can.
- You don't step on stage to eat; you go there to be eaten.
- I have a very busy head. I have inside voices that I have learned to contain.
- There's always a certain pride in getting the job done properly.
Tom Hardy Quotes On Relationship
I think online dating is a way of procuring people. Like Facebook and Myspace, it's the way that people connect now and procure small children and sometimes dodgy relationships. I don't think it's very healthy. — Tom Hardy
If you're lucky like me, your relationship with your brother has resolved itself on the peaceful side of the fence and has stayed there. But if you're someone who's got a family that's all fractured and finding it hard to relate, that's a very sad place to be. — Tom Hardy
As actors, we have the opportunity to work with many directors. Directors only work with themselves and other actors. They never know what it is like to work with another director. So that relationship that one has with a director is entirely always the king. — Tom Hardy
Tom Hardy Quotes On Love
I wanted my dad to be proud of me, and I fell into acting because there wasn't anything else I could do, and in it I found a discipline that I wanted to keep coming back to, that I love and I learn about every day. — Tom Hardy
A lot of people say I seem masculine, but I don't feel it. I feel intrinsically feminine. I'd love to be one of the boys but I always felt a bit on the outside. Maybe my masculine qualities come from overcompensating because I'm not one of the boys. — Tom Hardy
The Long Red Road is a story about alcoholism and dysfunction and tragic tale of a man who's trying to drink himself to death on an Indian reservation in Dakota. It was written for me, so it's something I would love to do. — Tom Hardy
I love people. People are lovely creatures. I'm one myself, so I love to see people happy. — Tom Hardy
I don't know anything about god except that it's not me. So, somewhere between that acceptance and doing my homework and being competitive and having ambition and loving my job and observing and reflecting my society, that's where I find the purpose. Because man needs purpose. — Tom Hardy
Tom Hardy Famous Quotes And Sayings
I'm here to challenge myself and to see whether I can shape-shift in an environment that's actually quite daunting, but which I think would be nice to shine a light into. The destination of any interesting drama is that you shine a light into a place that not many people know about. — Tom Hardy
Every time you need protein, get yourself a boiled egg in. But your main meals would be chicken, or hummus, or white fish. You can lose about a pound a day. But you can do this stuff over a period of time, and you can have your happy days. It's about motivation and it has to be something that's realistic for you to keep up. — Tom Hardy
Style, I think, is panache. Who are you? What did you do today? And what are you worth to me? What do you have to offer the world? How did you spend your time today on this planet? How are you spending your time every second? What are you doing now? Are you alive, or are you somnambulant? — Tom Hardy
I'm from East Sheen, I went to public school where I learned Latin at the age of nine, and certain expectations were made of me to go to St Paul's, Oxbridge maybe, and all that kind of thing. And I failed systematically to meet the mark - who I am and what I should have been are two very different things. — Tom Hardy
I'd learned how to lie and manipulate from an early age so a combination of that, desperation, having to have my own fridge and my umbilical cord back... I had to go out into the world. Then some angel somewhere said: "Have you considered going to drama school?" And this sounded like the solution to all of my problems. — Tom Hardy
My father came from an intellectual and studious avenue as opposed to a brawler's avenue. So I had to go further afield and I brought all kinds of unscrupulous oiks back home - earless, toothless vagabonds - to teach me the arts of the old bagarre. — Tom Hardy
I'm not a big guy anyway. I'm only, what, 150 pounds? I was 190 for 'Batman,' 179 for 'Warrior.' Films make you look big. — Tom Hardy
Fame and stuff like that is all very cool, but at the end of the day, we're all human beings. Although what I do is incredibly surreal and fun and amazing and I'm really grateful for it, I don't believe my own press release, do you know what I mean? — Tom Hardy
Maybe it's a little ambitious of me to presume that no matter how big the film is, that I can always go down to the shop to buy a pint of milk. — Tom Hardy
Being an only child, I didn't have any other family but my mom and dad really, since the rest of my family lived quite far away from London. — Tom Hardy
There's an abundance of exposure when you start working in American films. Inevitably you become a brand and that has to be controlled. — Tom Hardy
Then there's your diet. You cut out sugars, fat, soy sauces... anything that's nice. Tea and coffee is replaced by boiling water with lemon. It's amazing how quickly you get into it. There's also herbal tea and a lot of water, obviously... about two litres a day. — Tom Hardy
I get hired more then I get seen more. I get seen more then maybe celebrity and fame happens but at the end of the day there's no difference between my five dollar performance and my fifty million dollar performance. It's not going to make me a better father. — Tom Hardy
I'm a nice middle class public schoolboy who underachieved and wasn't going anywhere fast. I didn't get any GCSEs or A-levels. But everyone was like: "Please, will you do something?" And I was thinking: "Well, I kind of like the idea of joining the French Foreign Legion." — Tom Hardy
I'm into parlor dramas. I'm into theatre. I'm trained for the stage. I trained to do Chekhov and Shakespeare, I was trained for the stage. — Tom Hardy
t's much less daunting once you've put your foot on the road to it. I'm a notorious couch potato and I don't like exercise. Half an hour of physical exercise, like jogging or fast walking a day is a start. — Tom Hardy
The problem with prime beef is that there are so many people out there selling offal. So you don't know when you're going eat a shitty gangster movie. Because everybody knows there's good stuff to be involved in. — Tom Hardy
My job is to show and tell. If I get better at showing and telling then presumably I get hired more. — Tom Hardy
I think it's important that you always transform if you can. That's what I was trained to do. You try and hide yourself as much as you can - that's the key to longevity. — Tom Hardy
Vanity is normal in performers. Does it bother other people? All the time. But nine times out of 10, that says more about them than you. — Tom Hardy
I'm just getting settled as a responsible man - but if you split the elephant into little mouthfuls it will be fine. — Tom Hardy
I set myself that decision, otherwise I'm driving an opinion at you, and I think that would be treating you like you're an idiot. I don't want to force-feed you my opinion. — Tom Hardy
I'm going to fail to hit the mark I've put up before me because it's not possible to hit it. I want to be the best at what I do so I've got to get over myself already because that's never going to happen. I ain't ever going to be God. — Tom Hardy
And I like people. I like to know what you're really up to. I'm a bit of a nosey busy body. Why do they do the things they do? Why are they prepared to do the things they do to get what they want? When? Where? Who? — Tom Hardy
Life Lessons by Tom Hardy
- Tom Hardy has demonstrated the importance of hard work and dedication to success in the entertainment industry. He has taken on a variety of challenging roles and has worked diligently to hone his craft.
- He has also shown that it is possible to be successful in multiple areas of the entertainment industry, from acting to producing and writing.
- Finally, Tom Hardy has demonstrated that it is possible to maintain a successful career while still being true to yourself and staying grounded.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Tom Hardy quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Tom Hardy to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Tom Hardy. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage