53+ Wesley Snipes Quotes On Politics, Success And Government
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Wesley Snipes Quotes (BEST)
- I don't see myself as extremely handsome. I just figure I can charm you into liking me.
- You can put a cat in an oven, but that don't make it a biscuit.
- I used to do puppet theatre and also mime and musical theatre in Florida for competitions and festivals, which was great. I was very much involved in theatre when I was in college.
- I grew up in the Bronx. The Bronx teaches you to survive. It's like, 'Bring it on!'
- We're conditioned in this country to believe that if there's a problem, the black man is usually the culprit.
- My sign is Leo. A Leo has to walk with pride. When he takes a step, he has to put his foot down. You walk into a room and you want people to know your presence, without you doing anything.
- You give Frost a message from me. You tell him it's open season on all suckheads.
- I don't like perpetuating the stereotype of black males being drug dealers, and criminals.
- I have a whole other side that has yet to be seen on screen.
- I've been a law-abiding citizen ever since I grew up in the Bronx, New York.
Wesley Snipes Short Quotes
- I think any man would be nervous if his liberty is at stake.
- I like to read about different religions - Judaism, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism and Buddhism.
- I mainly buy books in my free time.
- I was convicted of three misdemeanors of willful failure to file a form.
- I think of myself as a young prince from a long line of royalty.
- Not everybody can do the comic book adaptation thing and make it believable. It is challenging.
- A lot of the cats I grew up with in the South Bronx found themselves in sticky situations.
- My mother was pretty much on my case all the time.
- We should be able to go to our government and get clear answers.
- I've always been paying my taxes and I've always been trying to comply.
Wesley Snipes Quotes On Love
I'm proud to be an American. I'm proud to be an African American in America. I've had some interesting experiences: some great, some not so great, but I love it here. — Wesley Snipes
I love being a dad, it keeps me fit and inspired and children are so funny. They always supply you with acting material! — Wesley Snipes
I'm a physical type of actor and love projects in which I can get physical. The more action, the better. — Wesley Snipes
The first time I jumped from a plane, I screamed like a woman. I was two miles up and you could hear me clear as day. Now I love it. — Wesley Snipes
Wesley Snipes Quotes On Action
I'm not looking at an action movie as something where I just jump around and look beautiful and show my muscles. Since there are so few people that do this and have that pedigree, people disregard their contribution. — Wesley Snipes
I didn't go into this business to do action because I'm a classically trained actor. But I'm good at kicking and punching. — Wesley Snipes
I never really planned on making action films. It just kind of happened. — Wesley Snipes
There are so few guys who do action and do it well. Even fewer who are African-American. Even fewer who have classical-theater training. So a cat like me coming in, I'm bringing all of that to an action movie. — Wesley Snipes
Wesley Snipes Quotes On Films
In the beginning, all I wanted to do was to be a singer and a dancer. That was my real groove, my real interest. When it came to doing films, my biggest goal was to do a commercial. — Wesley Snipes
There's a lot of great stuff on television and that's very appealing to actors who want to work, who do good quality and high quality work. But you're always concerned that the time demands on television will interrupt or interfere with your film work. — Wesley Snipes
In film you have the script months ahead of time often, for a good film, but in television it seems like you might not get the script until a week or two weeks before you've got to film it. It's a little weird, but also quite challenging. It reminds me of repertory theatre. — Wesley Snipes
Wesley Snipes Famous Quotes And Sayings
I've reduced a lot of the stress in my life. I've gotten rid of a lot of things. The light was turned on and a lot of the cockroaches started spinning. I swept them out the door. And sometimes you just have to throw things out because they carry a certain energy. — Wesley Snipes
I had acne late, in college. My skin used to be really flawless. Went to college, became a vegetarian, ate a lot of cheese - big mistake. Here I am trying to be healthy and I'm eating grilled cheese sandwiches and French fries every day, having mad eruptions all over my face. — Wesley Snipes
I think that all of us, as Americans, are due due process and have a right to a fair trial, and have a right to be considered innocent until proven guilty. I think that is the American way and it's the foundation upon which this country was built. — Wesley Snipes
Nobody wants to get locked up, although 'locked up' is a matter of perspective. There can be people who are out who are in prison mentally and emotionally and worse off than those who are behind bars. — Wesley Snipes
People wanted to move to America because of Michael Jackson. Industry changed, the music industry changed, because of Michael Jackson. That's a gift to us, and, you know, I am concerned that the Good Lord may not send another one because we did not take good care of him. — Wesley Snipes
I've come to the conclusion that beautiful women in the West aren't comfortable finding strength in their femininity. They want to do masculine-oriented things to establish their femininity. It's a contradiction. — Wesley Snipes
I like science fiction and physics, things like that. Planets being sucked into black holes, and the various vortexes that create possibility, and what happens on the other side of the black hole. To me it's the microcosmic study of the macrocosmic universe in man, and that's why I'm attracted to it. — Wesley Snipes
If a woman decides she likes me, it would behoove her to take into consideration that my art has had a strong influence on the type of person I am. — Wesley Snipes
Lot of the scripts I've been in with other non-white actors haven't been great. Lot of non-white actors ain't all that great. — Wesley Snipes
So: see ya, and I wouldn't wanna be ya. — Wesley Snipes
Internationally, I have as large of a fan base - if not larger - than I have domestically. — Wesley Snipes
I think I have kind of a natural magnetism. — Wesley Snipes
I'm not guilty. You're the one that's guilty. The lawmakers, the politicians, the Colombian drug lords, all you who lobby against making drugs legal. Just like you did with alcohol during Prohibition. You're the one who's guilty. I mean, c'mon, let's kick the ballistics here: ain't no Uzi's made in Harlem. Not one of us in here owns a poppy field. This thing is bigger than Nino Brown. This is big business. This is the American way. — Wesley Snipes
I've been trying to keep the private life private. Not being savvy or trained on how to do good interviews like a politician, I thought it was wiser to follow my mother's advice: If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all. — Wesley Snipes
Personally I find there is just as much if not more creativity among game makers as there is among feature filmmakers. — Wesley Snipes
Well, I'm an artist to the core. And my objective has always been to use my talents and my skills to elevate humanity through my art. — Wesley Snipes
I think the key that differentiates the good actors from the mediocre ones that are still trying to come up, is that the good ones know how to listen. It's like being in a jazz band. They know how to listen to what the other musicians are playing. And where to come in and where to sit out. That's my approach to being in an ensemble cast and working with any kind of actors in a scene. — Wesley Snipes
I was never charged with tax evasion. I've never been a tax protester. — Wesley Snipes
I watch a lot of different films. A lot of different performances and I find a lot of little things from the films or things that actors do or people in real life who have behaviors or idiosyncrasies that I like or find interesting and I try to remember that. And then I'll do a prayer. I'll do a prayer to ask the character or the spirit of the character to come and visit me. And let's work together. — Wesley Snipes
There is a bit of arrogance with 'Hollywood' types that doesn't sit well with game developers. — Wesley Snipes
No one can train you to be famous. How do you deal with the loss of anonymity, the loss of privacy? You have to be disciplined. — Wesley Snipes
I was very short when I was little, so I probably had - and there may be a residue of it now - that Napoleon complex. Wanting to be as big and as powerful as the big guys. — Wesley Snipes
Life Lessons by Wesley Snipes
- Wesley Snipes has demonstrated the importance of resilience and determination, having overcome numerous setbacks and challenges throughout his career.
- He has also shown that hard work and dedication can pay off, having achieved success in multiple fields such as acting, producing, and martial arts.
- Lastly, he has demonstrated the importance of staying true to oneself and one's values, having maintained his integrity in the face of adversity.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Wesley Snipes quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Wesley Snipes to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Wesley Snipes. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage