31+ William Petersen Quotes On Education, World And Dramatic
Quick Jump To
Top 10 William Petersen Quotes (BEST)
- Sure, I always chose rebels to identify with - I still do - but to me a rebel isn't so much someone who breaks the law as someone who goes against the odds.
- I had panic attacks during rehearsal. There were times when I really thought I wasn't going to be able to do it.
- Corporate Hollywood thinks I'm a geek to go back and do theater. They don't understand why I don't want to be a movie star, why I'm not pursuing Mel Gibson's roles.
- The show can go on without me, and probably will, but I want to come back to act in Chicago. My wife and I just bought a condo downtown, and I want to do theater.
- If I could change on thing about myself, I would: Have better knees. Mine are shot because of injuries. You're only as good as your legs, whether you're an athlete or an actor.
- One of the things I love about theater, one of the reasons I'll never give it up, is that it's fifty percent the audience's responsibility.
- I won't miss Grissom. It was a complete life for me that's reached its end, and it's reached it in the right way, I think. So I won't miss Grissom. And I hope that the audience won't miss him either.
- I've been telling anybody who would listen that I wanted to do a series for the last 10 years. But I wouldn't do it if I was just another cop pushing bad guys up against the wall.
- Basically, we are a whole world of people desperately trying to figure out what is the dark side of our natures and how much can we explore without becoming something else.
- I get a lot of stuff from Germany - stuffed bugs and tarantulas.
William Petersen Quotes On Life
Now I'm seen by more people in one episode than I was in 20 years of theatre and movies. It's gratifying to have an impact on 25 million people a night, but I can say goodbye to my lunch-pail life as a working actor. I'm scared I might be a celebrity. — William Petersen
The beard is here because I got tired of shaving and Grissom, subsequently, got tired of shaving. Grissom, like any other 50-year-old man, is going through a series of mid-life changes. Who knows, he may start drinking. — William Petersen
I was horrible at science and math. I couldn't pass a test to save my life! I'm surprised that it didn't take me until I was 20 to graduate. That's why my role is so cool - Grissom is the complete opposite of me. — William Petersen
I want to live and work in Chicago for the rest of my life. You know when you were growing up and you wanted to become president? What I want now is to be mayor of this damned town in ten years. — William Petersen
Grissom is a character who doesn't really want people poking around in his life. He likes to poke around in his work. — William Petersen
William Petersen Quotes On Love
Theater in Chicago will always be my first love. It started careers for me and about 50 of my friends. We all love coming back. As soon as the TV show is over, I'll be back in Chicago, doing live theater. — William Petersen
Theater in Chicago will always be my first love. — William Petersen
There’s no greater search than that of lost love. — William Petersen
William Petersen Quotes On People
If I stayed a football player, my career would have been over 20 years ago. As it is, my knees are shot. I found I got the same good feeling in acting that I had in sports, but I found I could have a more profound impact on people. — William Petersen
I think you can find yourself on one of these shows for a long period of time and think that all you'll ever be able to do is that character. Certainly people think of you that way. — William Petersen
I can't figure out how they decide on those things. So I don't have any regrets about anything that I did that didn't get a lot of people to see it. — William Petersen
We knew all along we were making a good show, so its success was not a surprise to me. What has surprised me is the magnitude of this show's success. More people see me now in one episode than saw me in 20 years of movies and theater! — William Petersen
William Petersen Quotes On Work
I've never been in this business for the recognition or the awards. I just want to do good work, grab a decent paycheck, and move onto the next job. — William Petersen
I do the work just because I enjoy it on the day, working with the guys. For me, it's like going to play a game of baseball: you've got your teammates, you get to do something that's fun, hopefully, and whatever happens with that stuff is in the cosmos someplace. — William Petersen
When we get involved in the ratings, then we're doing the network's job. We need to focus on our work. — William Petersen
Grissom is pretty asexual. He's not that interested in anything other than work - except for Lady Heather. She's the closest to getting his heart of anyone. — William Petersen
William Petersen Famous Quotes And Sayings
Grissom comes from a place where we know he had a deaf mother, he was raised in a silent household, on some level, had a father who potentially was not around and he learned what he knew by himself in the back yard, with bugs and animals. He's not comfortable being a supervisor and that's his problem. — William Petersen
I didn't want to play a lawyer. I didn't want to play a doctor. I didn't want to play a single dad. I wanted to do something I felt I could learn from, something that would be a challenge and something that would not dry up. — William Petersen
I know a lot of actors who've just gotten bitter because they did something and then nobody ever saw it or whatever. — William Petersen
Writing is a vessel...with readers the ocean and authors as its sails. — William Petersen
A smart person is not one that knows the answers, but one who knows where to find them. — William Petersen
Life Lessons by William Petersen
- William Petersen's work demonstrates the importance of hard work and dedication to achieving success. He has consistently taken on challenging roles and has worked diligently to bring each character to life.
- Petersen's career shows that it is possible to stay true to one's artistic vision and still be successful in the entertainment industry. He has remained true to his own style and has not compromised his principles.
- William Petersen's work is a reminder that it is possible to achieve success while still staying true to one's values and beliefs. He has consistently taken on roles that are meaningful and has remained true to his own artistic vision.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of William Petersen quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about William Petersen to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by William Petersen. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage