41+ Chi Chi Rodriguez Quotes (Golfing, Inspiring And Charismatic)
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Chi Chi Rodriguez Quotes (BEST)
- After all these years, it's still embarrassing for me to play on the American golf tour. Like the time I asked my caddie for a sand wedge and he came back ten minutes later with a ham on rye.
- They claim red meat is bad for you. But I never saw a sick-looking tiger.
- The first time I played the Masters, I was so nervous I drank a bottle of rum before I teed off. I shot the happiest 83 of my life.
- Golf is the most fun you can have with out taking your clothes off.
- Only fools live in the past or carry envy to the present.
- Remember you have to be comfortable. Golf is not a life or death situation. It's just a game and should be treated as such. Stay loose.
- When a man retires, his wife gets twice the husband but only half the income.
- I am a millionaire today and my wife deserves all of the credit. Before I met her I was a multi-millionaire.
- The sweetest two words are 'next time.' The sourest word is 'if.'
- I don't fear death, but I sure don't like those three-footers for par.
Chi Chi Rodriguez Short Quotes
- When you're having trouble and topping the ball, it means the ground is moving on you.
- Golf is the only sport that a professional can enjoy playing with his friends.
- I never exaggerate. I just remember big.
- I'm getting so old, I don't even buy green bananas anymore.
- Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you!
- I don't exaggerate - I just remember big.
- Take less time to read the scorecard and more time to read the hole.
- The best wood in most amateurs' bags is the pencil.
- Jack Nicklaus is a legend in his spare time.
- I was on the dance floor but I couldn't hear the band.
Chi Chi Rodriguez Famous Quotes And Sayings
I've heard people say putting is 50 percent technique and 50 percent mental. I really believe it is 50 percent technique and 90 percent positive thinking, see, but that adds up to 140 percent, which is why nobody is 100 percent sure how to putt. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
A golf ball is like a clock. Always hit it at 6 o'clock and make it go toward 12 o'clock. But make sure you're in the same time zone. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
Golf is a thinking man's game. You can have all the shots in the bag, but if you don't know what to do with them, you've got troubles. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
When I used to gamble, I looked for players with head covers on their irons. Those guys I could beat. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
Playing golf is not hot work. Cutting sugar cane for a dollar a day - that's hot work. Hotter than my first wrist watch. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
I never pray to God to make a putt. I pray to God to help me react good if I miss a putt. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
No one has as much luck around the greens as one who practices a lot. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
I read the greens in Spanish, but putt in English. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
Maintain a childhood enthusiasm for the game of golf. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
I'm playing like Tarzan-and scoring like Jane. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
Putting isn't golf, greens should be treated almost the same as water hazards: you land on them, then add two strokes to your score. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
The best putting advice I ever received was make sure you concentrate real hard on keeping that darn ball real low — Chi Chi Rodriguez
I have 13 dependents. All of them have 140 IQ or better, except me. I'm under 100 IQ, and I support them all. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
Trevino is in a league by himself. We don't even count him. We figure when you come in second, you're a winner. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
If you buy a book on golf instruction buy the thinnest book you can find. The thinner the book, chances are the easier and more elementary the instruction. It can do one of two things: help you more or hurt you less. Both are good compared to the alternative. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
Then Lee Trevino and Jack Nicklaus come in. I'll caddie for Jack. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
Don't look for excuses to lose. Look for excuses to win. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
Somebody give me a banana. I'm playing like a monkey, so I might as well eat like one. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
I never prayed that I would make a putt. I prayed that I would react well if I missed. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
When Lee and Jack win, it is good for golf. When I win, it is better. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
He told me just to keep the ball low. — Chi Chi Rodriguez
Life Lessons by Chi Chi Rodriguez
- Chi Chi Rodriguez teaches us to never give up, no matter how difficult the challenge, and to always strive for excellence.
- He also shows us the importance of giving back to the community and helping others to achieve their goals.
- Finally, he reminds us to always stay humble and to never forget our roots, no matter how successful we become.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Chi Chi Rodriguez quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Chi Chi Rodriguez to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Chi Chi Rodriguez. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage