45+ Eric Church Quotes (Authentic, Storytelling And Intense)
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Eric Church Quotes (BEST)
- I think too many people, if you are 46 you want to look 36, and if you're 36 you want to look 26. I didn't want to do that. I've earned the gray hairs. So I wanted to show that level of honesty.
- Now me and my brother go to see him some times but he don't have much to say anymore. So we sit on his headstone with a fifth of Jack D. Here's to a long line of sinners like me.
- The best advice I've been given is kind of the "dance with the one who brought you" thing. You got here on what you do so don't change that.
- I've always made music that was representative of real life.
- I'm not a trust-fund type.
- We're all given a window of opportunity, I think all artists are, of any genre. A window when you're truly relevant, the spotlight's on you and people are watching what you do.
- Everybody always tells you what an awesome and unique experience being a parent is. Words can never do the feeling justice.
- I'm not a guy who can go in and go, "Hey, are we doing right or wrong?" I just do it. And whatever it is, it is.
- Music's cyclical. There's always that next generation that always comes along.
- The town I came from really had one industry, and that was furniture.
Eric Church Short Quotes
- I am very thankful and blessed to have a healthy and happy baby boy and baby mama.
- I don't care if I starve.
- I have a huge chip on my shoulder.
- I'm going to do everything I can to keep from being mainstream.
- I want to be the guy out there on the edge.
- I have a new hobby and it's pretty much logging.
- I can't stand making records.
- As far as writing, it's grown because I've really grown comfortable with who I am.
- Funny how a melody sounds like a memory.
- I wouldn't be the man I am today, If not for those I've loved along the way
Eric Church Famous Quotes And Sayings
I went to my dad when I was 17 and said, 'I want to be a country music star.' Which every dad loves to hear. And he said, 'I want you to go to college.' So we had a discussion. And I'm pretty stubborn. I'm a lot like him. And he said, 'If you go to college and graduate, I'll pay your first six months of rent in Nashville.' So he bribed me. — Eric Church
I don't use the big video screens that a lot of other artists use because personally, I think it's kind of a crutch. I think sometimes it's like watching television as opposed to really getting involved with what is happening onstage and the people in your section. — Eric Church
There's just a lot of people that hold on to what country means to them. I love fiddle, I love steel, but I don't think it should be a rule that it has to be used in every song. I think that's not what defines or makes country music. — Eric Church
I think right now, you've seen these artists pop up over the last decade who've flirted with branching together a lot of different kinds of music. Some of them have been huge, and sold millions of records. And I think over time it's become a little bit of what the industry can be. — Eric Church
I've always thought, it's the artist that write the songs and make the records. And it's our responsibility to set the tone for what's happening in the industry. And I take that seriously. — Eric Church
Country fans are the best fans out there because of the loyalty, and the way that they apply your music to every aspect of their life. — Eric Church
I'd trusted my fan base, I'd trusted the my gut, and I'd trusted the music. ...the real experts are out there in front of you every night. They're the ones buying the tickets and coming to the shows. They're the professionals in this business, and they're the only ones who can tell you which songs have the ability to move them. — Eric Church
When I feel like every day when I get up I'm writing songs, that's the time to make a record. — Eric Church
It's always the roughest path, but I think it's got the most reward at the end. — Eric Church
If I was concerned about my legacy, there’s no way I would ever sit there [and be a reality-show judge]. Once your career becomes about some¬thing other than the music, then that’s what it is. I’ll never make that mistake. — Eric Church
Man, if anybody knew the path that we've been on, no one in their right mind would ever try to duplicate it. That's something Nashville always tries to do, though. If something is successful, they try to repeat it by telling other people, "Hey, do what that guy did." I just don't think it works that way. The first one who gest there, the one that cuts the path ... it's always the roughest path but I think it's got the most reward at the end. — Eric Church
Bob Seger was a huge inspiration. — Eric Church
The evolution of the music is what allows it to survive. — Eric Church
The biggest thing is to continue to do what you do. A lot of people, when they get to a certain level, start thinking about it too much and they change what they do. — Eric Church
I've played shows with injuries before but unfortunately cannot overcome having no voice. — Eric Church
I think a lot of times, artists and albums can become formulaic. You're known for a certain thing, and you continue to do that. You just change the subject matter, but it's the same song. And that's what you do. — Eric Church
I come from a long line of Sinners like me — Eric Church
When I first started, you could go to a college campus and it was not cool to wear a country artist's shirt on campus. It was taboo, and there was a stigma involved. In the time from then till now, I'm amazed at how much things have changed. It's young now, it's cool, it's hip — Eric Church
In the digital age we're in now, with satellite radio and Pandora and stuff like that, it's not about, "I listen to this kind of music." It's about, "I listen to good music and bad music." — Eric Church
Life doesn't get more real than having a newborn at home. — Eric Church
The most important thing for me as an artist is having an identity. — Eric Church
Stay young and wild as long as you can — Eric Church
When you play the bars, you pay your dues. It does matter that you know those things [songs]. And the great thing for me, too, is that I draw on that stuff as influences. It's also stuff that you put in the tank that you pull from to make records. — Eric Church
The key to songwriting is just to be able to observe, and put yourself in situations to be around people, and let those ideas come to you. — Eric Church
If I wanted the ticket to be a $200 ticket, I'd have made it a $200 ticket, but I don't want it to be that. — Eric Church
Life Lessons by Eric Church
- Eric Church teaches us to stay true to ourselves and our music, no matter what trends come and go.
- He also shows us the importance of taking risks and pushing boundaries in order to create something unique and special.
- Finally, his work serves as a reminder that hard work and dedication can lead to success and recognition.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Eric Church quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Eric Church to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Eric Church. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage