23+ Farley Mowat Quotes On Education, War And Adventure
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Farley Mowat Quotes (BEST)
- Stephen Harper is probably the most dangerous human being ever elevated to power in Canada.
- We're under some gross misconception that we're a good species, going somewhere important, and that at the last minute we'll correct our errors and God will smile on us. It's delusion.
- Inaction will cause a man to sink into the slough of despond and vanish without a trace.
- Don't make a big distinction between fiction and non-fiction. These are arbitrary distinctions.
- After all, we fought the Yanks in 1812 and kicked them the hell out of our country - but not with blanks.
- Ah me son, we don't be takin' nothin' from the sea. We has to sneak up on what we wants and wiggle it away
- I write every day. I'm always in the process of writing my last book, until the next one.
- I never let the facts get in the way of the truth!
- I believe in God the way my dog does
- You never know when the devil might come calling.
Farley Mowat Short Quotes
- Don't let the facts interfere with the truth.
- Truth I have no trouble with, it's the facts I get all screwed up.
- If you are going to be a big personality, you've got to have some kind of characteristic gimmick.
- Without a function, we cease to be. So, I will write till I die.
Farley Mowat Famous Quotes And Sayings
We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be –the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer – which is, in reality, no more than a reflected image of ourself. — Farley Mowat
I write better in Cape Breton... too many people around in Ontario. Down there I meet all sorts of non-human people, but they don't bother me, and I don't feel I have to apologize on behalf of my species quite so often. — Farley Mowat
Whenever and wherever men have engaged in the mindless slaughter of animals (including other men), they have often attempted to justify their acts by attributing the most vicious or revolting qualities to those they would destory; and the less reason there is for the slaughter, the greater the campaign for vilification. — Farley Mowat
Mutt enjoyed traveling by car, but he was an unquiet passenger. He suffered from the delusion, common to dogs and small boys, that when he was looking out the right-hand side, he was probably missing something far more interesting on the left-hand side. — Farley Mowat
I have to go on writing because I wouldn't be able to go on without writing. It is the only function that works for me, and without that function, I would die. — Farley Mowat
And this is what happened, ands this is why the caribou and the wolf are one; for the caribou feeds the wolf, but it is the wolf that keeps the caribou strong. — Farley Mowat
On my 70th birthday, I was asked how I felt about mankind's prospects. This is my reply: We are behaving like yeasts in a brewer's vat, multiplying mindlessly while greedily consuming the substance of a finite world. If we continue to imitate the yeasts, we will perish as they perish, having exhausted our resources and poisoned ourselves in the lethal brew of our own wastes. Unlike the yeasts, we have a choice. What will it be? — Farley Mowat
It is in our nature to travel into our past, hoping thereby to illuminate the darkness that bedevils the present. — Farley Mowat
The wolf never kills for fun, which is probably one of the main differences distinguishing him from man. — Farley Mowat
Life Lessons by Farley Mowat
- Farley Mowat's work emphasizes the importance of conservation and respect for nature and wildlife.
- His stories demonstrate the consequences of human interference in the natural world, and how it can lead to destruction and suffering.
- Mowat's work encourages readers to think critically about their actions and how they can positively contribute to the environment.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Farley Mowat quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Farley Mowat to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Farley Mowat. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage