21+ Fred Melamed Quotes On Education, Culture And Religion
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Fred Melamed Quotes (BEST)
- I have two young children with autism. What could they have ever done to deserve that? What kind of a God allows the innocent to suffer? It's a mystery. Yet still, I believe in God.
- I am tolerably ignorant about Judaism, and much of what I do know about it seems hard to swallow, because it is so grounded in legalism, and adherence to rituals.
- It probably goes without saying that I enjoy the potato pancakes, delicious hams and so forth that maddeningly turn up at this time of year.
- We must agree to live in this world, with all that is unfair about it, without knowing why, if we wish to have a God in our lives.
- Well, because I have twin seven-year-old boys, I enjoy the gift giving stuff a great deal. We do both Hanukkah and Christmas, so it is a costly, though extremely pleasing proposition.
- I haven't appeared on stage in quite a long time and I don't have any immediate plans to do so, but I'm always interested in going back.
- In general, I'm always interested in characters who have kind of extreme aspects to them, who are in some ways larger than typical people.
- I have a secret aspiration to be considered for a part where it doesn't matter what you look like to play it.
- I've always thought that, in a sense, the more specific and sometimes even the smaller the world of a movie is, the more universal it is.
- I'd always admired Diane Keaton, but I'd never met her.
Fred Melamed Quotes On Acting
Though I acted in hundreds of productions, appeared at the Guthrie Theatre and on Broadway in Amadeus, I discovered in my thirties that I didn't really like stage acting. The presence of the audience, the eight shows a week and the possibility of a long run were all unnatural to me. — Fred Melamed
I always think of the character as being me. But me wearing a 'coat', which may be a different way of speaking, moving or regarding other people. To me, acting is pretending, just like kids playing, only you pretend as if it were really, really real. — Fred Melamed
In my career, I've had kind of a strange trajectory as an actor. I started out doing movies and theater and stuff, but then I had a terrible problem with stage fright as an actor on stage, and I quit stage acting for a long, long time. — Fred Melamed
Fred Melamed Famous Quotes And Sayings
I don't really know of the Jewish tradition of comedy, only the Jewish tradition of not keeping your mouth shut. Complaining about all that is hard, unfair or ridiculous in life-having strong feelings, and not being able to suppress them. That, to me, is Jewish. — Fred Melamed
Most of the time when I receive a script, it says something like 'Rosenberg is the fat, slovenly Mayor, who doesn't want the kids to use the skateboard park', or 'Stein is a pompous, rotund attorney, imposing to all.' It would be so freeing to get a script where my character is simply described as 'A Man'. — Fred Melamed
I'm one of relatively few stage-trained actors who doesn't much like acting on stage. It feels kind of like riding the Cyclone at Coney Island, which I did when I was eight. When it was all over, I was glad I had done it, but most of the time when it was actually happening, I was just kind of hanging on for dear life. — Fred Melamed
There are some directors who don't like the set much. They like post-production, where you have all the ingredients in the can - you've got all the footage, all the music, the various effects - and then you have to do the alchemy necessary to make it all good, a long and very key process of putting everything together and making it into the cogent thing that you want. — Fred Melamed
I always did plays in school because I thought it was fun, but it just never occurred to me as a thing to do. — Fred Melamed
I was always around people who were in the business from the time I was an absolute baby. I grew up in New York City, and my parents, my sister, and I had a house on Fire Island, and they were part of a set of people that were all close and friendly, most of whom were involved in show business in one regard or another. So it was always familiar to me, and I kind of enjoyed it. — Fred Melamed
It's funny, but three of my early films were with Liam Neeson, before Liam Neeson was a big star. — Fred Melamed
The word "hedonistic" to me means pleasure above all else. My pleasure above all else. — Fred Melamed
Life Lessons by Fred Melamed
- Fred Melamed has shown that hard work and dedication can lead to success in any field. He has also demonstrated the importance of taking risks and having the courage to pursue one's passions.
- Fred Melamed's career is a testament to the power of perseverance and the value of having a positive attitude. He has also shown that it is possible to achieve success by being true to oneself and following one's own path.
- Fred Melamed's work has taught us that it is possible to achieve success through dedication, determination, and a willingness to take risks. He has also shown us that it is never too late to pursue one's dreams and that anything is possible with the right attitude and effort.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Fred Melamed quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Fred Melamed to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Fred Melamed. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage