62+ George Takei Quotes (Funny, Iconic And Bold)
Quick Jump To
Top 10 George Takei Quotes (BEST)
- I spent my boyhood behind the barbed wire fences of American internment camps and that part of my life is something that I wanted to share with more people.
- Our differences in beliefs do not truly separate us, or elevate us over others. Rather, they highlight the rich tapestry that is humanity.
- You know, I grew up in two American internment camps, and at that time I was very young.
- We should indeed keep calm in the face of difference, and live our lives in a state of inclusion and wonder at the diversity of humanity.
- It’s really hard to hate someone for being different when you’re too busy laughing together.
- And it seems to me important for a country, for a nation to certainly know about its glorious achievements but also to know where its ideals failed, in order to keep that from happening again.
- This is supposed to be a participatory democracy and if we're not in there participating then the people that will manipulate and exploit the system will step in there.
- I'm a civic busybody and I've been blessed with an active career.
- There is more story in a minor character like Boba Fett than there is in all the clutter of various vampires in the Twilight franchise.
- As the old saying goes, I was simply looking for fan love, in Alderaan places.
George Takei Short Quotes
- To do theater you need to block off a hunk of time.
- Well, the whole history of Star Trek is the market demand.
- My memories of camp - I was four years old to eight years old - they're fond memories.
- I've run the marathon several times, so I definitely don't look like the Great Ancestor!
- Confidence in the human capacity for problem solving, for invention, for innovation.
- Social media is like ancient Egypt: writing things on walls and worshiping cats.
- Life is too short not to order the bacon dessert.
- STAR TREK is a show that had a vision about a future that was positive.
- Facebook itself has an interest in having great content so that its users keep coming back.
- You know, when a man is raped you never hear about what he was wearing.
George Takei Famous Quotes And Sayings
I myself am a Buddhist, not a Christian. But I cannot help but think that if Christ ran a public establishment, it would be open to all, and He would be the last to refuse service to anyone. It is, simply put, the most un-Christian of notions. — George Takei
Good grief. If we can’t laugh at ourselves, and at one another, in good spirit and without malice, then what fun can be left? If we must withhold all ribbing in the name of protecting everyone’s feelings, then we truly are a toothless society. We will reach what I call “the lowest common denominator of butthurt. — George Takei
I am emboldened, not cowed, by the words and actions of Trump and his circle. I believe many others are as well. Together we will stand in opposition. I'm not going anywhere, and I won't be silenced. — George Takei
But when we came out of camp, that's when I first realized that being in camp, that being Japanese-American, was something shameful. — George Takei
People forget that stereotypes aren’t bad because they are always untrue. Stereotypes are bad because they are not always true. If we allow ourselves to judge another based on a stereotype, we have allowed a gross generalization to replace our own thinking. — George Takei
We have the history of slavery or inequality to women, and now the civil rights movement of the 21st century is the struggle for equality for the gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgender people. And I think it's important for Americans to know about the times that we failed. — George Takei
I have two passions in my life. One is to raise the awareness of the internment of Japanese-American citizens. My other passion is the theater. — George Takei
The word today is "detained," not "interred." People are being detained with no due process. They don't know what the charges are, why they're being detained. Simply because they have an Arab name or some association, but there are no charges. — George Takei
Yes, I remember the barbed wire and the guard towers and the machine guns, but they became part of my normal landscape. What would be abnormal in normal times became my normality in camp. — George Takei
We need to take our passion and effect real change at the local, state, and federal levels, to help elect progressive leaders, and to stem the tide of division, fear and scapegoating. — George Takei
Cat's are unpredictable. It is a fine line between the cure, inquisitive and innocent creature resting on our lap and the hissing, spitting and deranged banshee it might become at any moment. This is why we're trying always to win their love. — George Takei
The theatre for me is much more satisfying as an actor because you are working in front of a living, breathing, throbbing, gasping, laughing and hopefully applauding audience. And the immediate connection you get with that audience is very satisfying. — George Takei
Well, it gives, certainly to my father, who is the one that suffered the most in our family, and understanding of how the ideals of a country are only as good as the people who give it flesh and blood. — George Takei
For me, country music symbolized freedom and the joys of life... roaming the country, experiencing the joys as well as the heartbreaks. It was a transporting kind of song, and I'd just kind of sing along with them. — George Takei
As you know, when Star Trek was canceled after the second season, it was the activism of the fans that revived it for a third season. — George Takei
The starship Enterprise was a metaphor starship Earth, and the vision was that the strength of this starship lay in its diversity. — George Takei
The large majority of faith-based people are decent, fair-minded people. We should not characterize people of faith as the adversaries of GLBT equality. — George Takei
The world has changed from when I was a young teen feeling ashamed for being gay. The issue of gay marriage is now a political issue. That would have been unthinkable when I was young. — George Takei
If leadership requires a fired-up sense of purpose and imagination, it also demands a profound connection to the society to be led. — George Takei
Unfriending me when I didn’t even know we were friends? It’s like breaking wind when you’re home alone. If I can’t smell you, knock yourself out. — George Takei
I marched back then - I was in a civil-rights musical, Fly Blackbird, and we met Martin Luther King. — George Takei
Do your duty as an American, and as a citizen of the galaxy... Vote! — George Takei
Nothing is what it seems on the surface of Heroes. — George Takei
Pioneering is never done in front of cheerleaders urging on a roaring grandstand of popular approval. — George Takei
I thought this convention phenomenon was very flattering, but that's about the extent of it. — George Takei
The only thing worse than human ignorance is human pride in that ignorance. — George Takei
What's needed today, now, more than ever, is 'Star Peace' for there is an ominous, mutual threat to all science fiction. It's called 'Twilight'. And it is really, really bad. — George Takei
I had a really unusual, remarkably unusual father because he, in our family, was the one that suffered the most. He was the one that explained American democracy to me. He said, ‘Our democracy is a people’s democracy and it can be as great as people can be, and it can be great… but we are also fallible human beings.’ — George Takei
Every time we had a hot war going on in Asia, it was difficult for Asian Americans here. — George Takei
If you have to make laws to hurt a group of people just to prove your morals and faith, then you have no true morals or faith to prove. — George Takei
We must remind ourselves that an assault on any one of our liberties and freedoms is an assault on all. — George Takei
I'm a preservationist, I believe in preserving history intact, but I also enjoy the technological advances which have been made. — George Takei
I think we learn more from those times in our history where we stumbled as a democracy than we learn from the glorious chapters. — George Takei
I'm an anglophile. I visit England regularly, sometimes three or four times a year, at least once a year. — George Takei
Then that did very well at the box office, so before you knew it, we were in a string of feature motion pictures. Then they announced that they were going to do some spinoffs of us. — George Takei
As an Asian American, I'm aware of how stereotypes can be very destructive. We've been defined by the drag queens. And yes, they exist. But we've been defined as irresponsible, flamboyant, loud, and garish. I think what we need to do - and what we haven't done as aggressively as we should have - is to depict the vast diversity of the GLBT community. — George Takei
By seeing a same-sex couple in ordinary situations, that it might make people think twice about if they have, you know, questions about acceptance of LGBT equality, it's one way to just say that, you know, 'We're members of your family and gay people are like anybody else.' — George Takei
Should any terrorist strike or act of war occur in which American lives are lost, we must be on guard for any attempt by the government to turn that tragedy into justification for sweeping action. — George Takei
Plays close, movies wrap and TV series eventually get cancelled, and we were cancelled in three season. — George Takei
Today we have the economic collapse that the whole planet is suffering, but there is hope, and that's what's going to keep us moving ahead. — George Takei
The real challenge in acting is in comedy. It's easier to get that gasp in a drama. Not easy, because you still have to find that emotional pitch. And when you do something in drama and you hear that sob from the audience it's so fulfilling. But as a comic actor, when the laugh is supposed to come and you punch in that line and nothing happens it is dreadful. It's horrific and you feel like dying right there. — George Takei
We have to be vigilant about how the Trump administration may try to divide us from each other. — George Takei
Life Lessons by George Takei
- George Takei has shown that it is possible to use one's platform to advocate for social justice and equality. He has been an outspoken advocate for LGBTQ rights and has used his fame to spread awareness of the struggles that marginalized communities face.
- Takei has also demonstrated the power of resilience and perseverance in the face of adversity. He has spoken out against discrimination and hatred, even when it has been difficult to do so.
- Finally, Takei has shown that it is possible to find joy and humor in even the most difficult situations, and that laughter can be a powerful tool for bringing people together.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of George Takei quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about George Takei to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by George Takei. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage