31+ Joaquin Miller Quotes On Education, Art And Death
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Joaquin Miller Quotes (BEST)
- Physiognomy is often a great falsifier, though as a rule it is honest enough.
- Tis midnight now. The bend and broken moon, Batter'd and black, as from a thousand battles, Hangs silent on the purple walls of Heaven.
- Lonely as God, and white as a winter moon, Mount Shasta starts up sudden and solitary from the heart of the great black forests of Northern California
- Men say, "By pride the angels fell from heaven." By pride they reached a place from which they fell!
- I throw a kiss across the sea, I drink the winds as drinking wine, And dream they all are blown from thee, I catch the whisper'd kiss of thine.
- The biggest dog has been a pup.
- Merciful Father, I will not complain. I know that the sunshine shall follow the rain.
- O woman, born first to believe us; Yea, also born first to forget; Born first to betray and deceive us, Yet first to repent and regret.
- That man who lives for self alone, Lives for the meanest mortal known.
- Men lie, who lack courage to tell truth--the cowards!
Joaquin Miller Short Quotes
- I saw the lightnings gleaming rod. Reach forth and write upon the sky The awful autograph of God.
- There are many To-morrows, my Love, my Love, There is only one To-day.
- Fame lulls the fever of the soul, and makes Us feel that we have grasp'd an immortality.
- All you can hold in your cold dead hand is what you have given away.
- Death is delightful. Death is dawn, the waking from a weary night of fevers unto truth and light.
- Sail on! sail on! sail on! and on!
- He gives twice who gives quickly. credited to Publius Syrus Mimus.
- The living grave of crime.
Joaquin Miller Quotes On World
All honor to him who shall win the prize. The world has cried for a thousand years. But to him who tries and fails and dies, I give great honor and glory and tears. — Joaquin Miller
Knowledge is Bought only with a weary care, And wisdom means a world of pain. — Joaquin Miller
The bravest battle that ever was fought; Shall I tell you where and when? On the maps of the world you will find it not; It was fought by the mothers of men. — Joaquin Miller
He gained a world; he gave that world Its grandest lesson: "On! sail on!" — Joaquin Miller
Joaquin Miller Famous Quotes And Sayings
Man's books are but a climbing stair, Lain step by step, like stairs of stone; The stairway here, the temple there - Man's lampad honor, and his trust, The God who called him from the dust. — Joaquin Miller
Primeval forests! virgin sod! That Saxon has not ravish'd yet, Lo! peak on peak in stairways set- In stepping stairs that reach to God! Here we are free as sea or wind, For here are set Time's snowy tents In everlasting battlements Against the march of Saxon mind. — Joaquin Miller
Is it worthwhile that we jostle a brother, Bearing his load on the rough road of life? Is it worthwhile that we jeer at each other, In blackness of heart - that we war to the knife? God pity us all in our pitiful strife — Joaquin Miller
The gold-barr'd butterflies to and from And over the waterside wander'd and wove As heedless and idle as clouds that rove And drift by the peaks of perpetual snow. — Joaquin Miller
Man's books are but man's alphabet, Beyond and on his lessons lie - The lessons of the violet, The large gold letters of the sky; The love of beauty, blossomed soil, The large content, the tranquil toil: The toil that nature ever taught, The patient toil, the constant stir, The toil of seas where shores are wrought, The toil of Christ, the carpenter; The toil of God incessantly By palm-set land or frozen sea. — Joaquin Miller
In men whom men condemn as ill I find so much of goodness still, In men whom men pronounce divine I find so much of sin and blot, I do not dare to draw a line Between the two, where God has not. — Joaquin Miller
The soul that feeds on books alone - I count that soul exceeding small That lives alone by book and creed, - A soul that has not learned to read. — Joaquin Miller
UNDER THE STORM AND THE CLOUD TODAY, AND TODAY THE HARD PERIL AND PAIN - TOMORROW THE STONE WILL BE ROLLED AWAY, FOR THE SUNSHINE SHALL FOLLOW THE RAIN — Joaquin Miller
God's poet is silence! His song is unspoken, And yet so profound, so loud, and so far, It fills you, it thrills you with measures unbroken, And as soft, and as fair, and as far as a star. — Joaquin Miller
Life Lessons by Joaquin Miller
- Joaquin Miller teaches us to appreciate the beauty of nature and to live life to the fullest. He encourages us to take risks, to explore the world around us, and to never be afraid of failure.
- He also reminds us to stay humble and to never forget our roots, as well as to be kind to others and to always strive for greatness.
- Finally, Miller encourages us to be passionate and to never give up on our dreams, no matter how difficult the journey may be.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Joaquin Miller quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Joaquin Miller to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Joaquin Miller. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage