45+ Lois Wyse Quotes On Education, Friendship And Humorous
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Lois Wyse Quotes (BEST)
- A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.
- A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do.
- Grandchildren are the dots that connect the lines from generation to generation.
- If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I'd have had them first.
- The single and most dangerous word to be spoken in business is no. The second most dangerous word is yes. It is possible to avoid saying either.
- Did I choose you? Did you choose me? And what difference does it make? All that really matters, friend, is that we chose together.
- No matter what the job description says, your real job is to make the boss look good.
- Carelessness with details sinks more careers than anyone will admit.
- Age becomes reality when you hear someone refer to that attractive young woman standing next to the woman in the green dress, and you find that you're the one in the green dress.
- For most of us, dreams come true only after they do not matter, Only in childhood do we ever have the chance of making dreams come true when they mean everything.
Lois Wyse Short Quotes
- We are the generation that came of age in an ageless society.
- Love is a great glue, but there is no cement like mutual hate.
- Briefcases, like CEOs, should never look new and unused.
- Don't worry whether or not I am now happy. Today is only chapter one, we have yet to write a book.
- Fear is born in uncertainty and nourished by pessimism.
- Nothing is more stylish than power.
- Men are taught to apologise for their weaknesses, women for their strengths.
- Power never takes two weeks off. Power takes long weekends.
- It was only long after the ceremony that we learned why we got married in the first place.
- there is no noise louder than a silent phone.
Lois Wyse Quotes On Life
A child who has a grandparent has a softened view of life, the feeling that there is more to life than what we see, more than getting and gaining, winning and losing. — Lois Wyse
Most meetings are too long, too dull, too unproductive - and too much a part of corporate life to be abandoned. — Lois Wyse
All friends are not for life, but if you have a true friend, you have a life. — Lois Wyse
Don't get so involved in the duties of your life and your children that you forget the pleasure. Remember why you had children. — Lois Wyse
Grandmothers are to life what the Ph.D. is to education. There is nothing you can feel, taste, expect, predict, or want that the grandmothers in your family do not know about in detail. — Lois Wyse
Lois Wyse Famous Quotes And Sayings
I thought about all of us women and how we spend half our lives rebelling against our mothers and the next half rebelling against our daughters. — Lois Wyse
... letters freeze time for us, eternalizing shared experiences so we can go back and draw strength from them. Letters are like deposits in a secret bank that can be withdrawn when they are needed. And as we look back in love, we appreciate anew the thought and time that was taken to express those feelings. — Lois Wyse
Didn't we, like our grandchildren, begin with a childhood we thought would never end? Now, all of a sudden, I'm older than my parents were when I thought they were old. — Lois Wyse
A letter is never ill-timed; it never interrupts. Instead it waits for us to find the opportune minute, the quiet moment to savor the message. There is an element of timelessness about letter writing. — Lois Wyse
Women on the way up generally fail to win popularity contests. The only compensation is that once you're there you will become very well liked. — Lois Wyse
... in this impersonal world of the nine-digit zip code, credit cards, and numbered bank accounts, in this world of no marriage, late marriage, and remarriage, the operative word in office relationships is 'family. — Lois Wyse
Your mother calls and says she hasn't seen you for a long time. The first year: You invite her for a week. You give her your room, and you both sleep on the lumpy studio couch. The fifth year: Your mother sleeps on the lumpy studio couch. The tenth year: You send the children to mother. — Lois Wyse
Power always works from the corner office. — Lois Wyse
Corporations, being only human, make mistakes. Sometimes you may end up working for one of those mistakes. — Lois Wyse
Power, like fear, had a taste. But power tasted better. — Lois Wyse
Don't ever take advice from anyone who starts a sentence with, 'You may not like me for this, but it's for your own good - ' It never is. — Lois Wyse
So, if you have a grandma, thank the good Lord above, and give your grandmamma hugs and kisses, for grandmothers are to love. — Lois Wyse
For all of us, whether we walk old paths or blaze new trails, friends remain important. — Lois Wyse
Always hire people who are better than you. Hiring dummies is shortsighted. You can't move up the ladder until everyone is comfortable with your replacement. — Lois Wyse
Letters remind us that when we write we can bring back the best of times, even make time stand still, if only for a few minutes. — Lois Wyse
If you can't add to the discussion, don't subtract by talking. — Lois Wyse
I have a theory that since everyone is always dieting, no one at a convention dinner ever eats the potatoes. Therefore, they go back to the kitchen uneaten. And the next night they reappear at another convention. Therefore, one should never eat the potatoes. Who knows? They may be six or seven years old. — Lois Wyse
The only people in the world who can change things are those who can sell ideas. — Lois Wyse
Repeat nothing - absolutely nothing - that is told you in confidence. There is no such thing as telling just one person. — Lois Wyse
Survival must come before civilization. — Lois Wyse
Life Lessons by Lois Wyse
- Lois Wyse teaches us to be resilient and to never give up, no matter the obstacles we may face. She encourages us to be brave and to take risks, to believe in ourselves and to trust our own judgement.
- She reminds us to take time to appreciate the little things in life, to be kind to others and to always strive for excellence.
- Lois Wyse also encourages us to be mindful of our actions and to take responsibility for our decisions, to be humble and to be grateful for all that we have.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Lois Wyse quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Lois Wyse to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Lois Wyse. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage