24+ Mark Russell Quotes On Friendship, Truth And Education
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Mark Russell Quotes (BEST)
- The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage.
- The way money goes so fast these days, they should paint racing stripes on it.
- Believe me when I say that Bill Clinton's second term will be good for business. My business.
- You've got the brain-washed, that's the Democrats, and the brain-dead, that's the Republicans!
- People are not in a good mood when any politician's face appears on television.
- A Consultant is a guy who knows 125 different ways to make love, but who doesn't know any women.
- If the audience doesn't like it, usually they're just silent. But they've never all walked out at once.
- If you call your opponent a politician, it's grounds for libel.
- The Republicans have a new healthcare proposal: Just say NO to illness!
- I squirm when I see athletes praying before a game. Don't they realize that if God took sports seriously he never would have created George Steinbrenner.
Mark Russell Short Quotes
- The sacred exists only at the expense of the truth.
- Being an Olympian is the ultimate test of one's sporting ability.
- I can't think of a performer who is better on television than in person.
- I do jokes about what's funny, and both sides are funny.
- You know when Jerry Ford gets the best joke, you know you're in trouble.
Mark Russell Famous Quotes And Sayings
You know that a given in life in human nature, is that at a sporting event, a baseball game, a football game, you never introduce a politician, is because he'll be booed. I don't care if he's the most beloved person in the world, its part of the game. — Mark Russell
You have the establishment and then you have the hippies revolting against the establishment, and what you end up getting are like accountants with long hair. And that's kind of what happened with the youth movement in the '70s. — Mark Russell
The thing that you're faulted on today is not that you are too tough, or not that you aren't careful. It's that you might have been too soft. People want that red meat now because you have to keep up with the mood and the mood today is harsh. It really is. — Mark Russell
I think even the characters that are fundamentally evil and wrong, I want people to really love them. I think that's important to writing believable characters. They don't have to be likable but they have to be loved, at least by the author. — Mark Russell
I'm not trying to write a bleak and blistering screed against American civilization. I'm writing something that I hope is fun and satirical and full of possibility. — Mark Russell
Young people, take heart: the older you get, the fewer commandments you will have the strength to break. — Mark Russell
Humor is very very risky, particularly for a candidate, unless he's been in so long that it just doesn't matter, and he's not running for president. But it's just that people are so sensitive and so touchy, and you're just going to upset somebody without ever realizing it. — Mark Russell
You have to imbue the characters with their own sort of feeling of justification and morality. Everyone has that, whether we see them as evil or not. So I try to bring the characters to life by making them likable or lovable, in the sense that they can be, at least to themselves. — Mark Russell
I think you can't write with anger. I think it always has to be with a wink. There always has to be an element of hope in what you write. Otherwise you're just getting mad and it's not going to be fun for anybody. — Mark Russell
Life Lessons by Mark Russell
- Mark Russell's work emphasizes the importance of understanding the complexities of history and how it shapes the present. He encourages readers to think critically about current events and how they are connected to the past. His writing also highlights the power of humor to bring attention to difficult topics and to bridge divides between people.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Mark Russell quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Mark Russell to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Mark Russell. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage