56+ Max De Pree Quotes On Education, World And Creative
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Max De Pree Quotes (BEST)
- In the end, it is important to remember that we cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are.
- A whale is as unique as a cactus. But don't ask a whale to survive Death Valley. We all have special gifts. Where we use them and how determines whether we actually complete something.
- The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality.
- Trust grows when people see leaders translate their personal integrity into organizational fidelity. At the heart of fidelity lies truth-telling and promise-keeping.
- The greatest thing is, at any moment, to be willing to give up who we are in order to become all that we can be.
- Jazz, like leadership, combines the unpredictability of the future with the gifts of individuals.
- We cannot become what we need to be, remaining what we are.
- Leadership is liberating people to do what is required of them in the most effective and humane way possible.
- Integrity in all things precedes all else. The open demonstration of integrity is essential.
- There may be no single thing more important in our efforts to achieve meaningful work and fulfilling relationships than to learn to practice the art of communication.
Max De Pree Short Quotes
- By ourselves we suffer serious limitations. Together we can be something wonderful.
- We can accomplish more together than we can alone.
- Trust comes only with genuine effort, never with a lick and a promise.
- We do not grow by knowing all of the answers, but rather by living with the questions.
- When things go awry, trust powers the generators until the problem is fixed.
- We can go through anything because Jesus goes before us.
- We cannot avoid growing old; but we can avoid growing cold.
Max De Pree Quotes On Life
We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet; and amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog has made an alliance with us. — Max De Pree
We can choose to see life as a series of trials and tribulations, or we can choose to see life as an accumulation of treasures. — Max De Pree
Sometimes we think we're a little too gifted to show up, yo uknow. But none of us truly is...By avoiding risk we really risk what's most important in life---reaching toward growth, our potential, and a true contribution to a common good. — Max De Pree
The simple act of recognizing diversity in corporate life helps us to connect the great variety of gifts that people bring to the work and service of the corporation. — Max De Pree
Max De Pree Quotes On Inspiring
The key elements in the art of working together are how to deal with change, how to deal with conflict, and how to reach our potential...the needs of the team are best met when we meet the needs of individual persons. — Max De Pree
Without forgiveness, there can be no real freedom to act within a group. — Max De Pree
A friend of mine characterizes leaders simply like this: Leaders don't inflict pain. They bear pain. — Max De Pree
Max De Pree Quotes On Leadership
The signs of outstanding leadership appear primarily among the followers. Are the followers reaching their potential? Are they learning? Serving? Do they achieve the required results? Do they change with grace? Manage conflict? — Max De Pree
Leaders don't inflict pain -- they share pain. — Max De Pree
The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant. — Max De Pree
Leadership is much more an art, a belief, a condition of the heart, than a set of things to do. — Max De Pree
The signs of outstanding leadership appear primarily among the followers. — Max De Pree
Leadership is like third grade: it means repeating the significant things. — Max De Pree
Above all, leadership is a position of servanthood. — Max De Pree
Max De Pree Quotes On Leaders
From a leader's perspective, the most serious betrayal has to do with thwarting human potential, with quenching the spirit, with failing to deal equitably with each other as human beings. — Max De Pree
In some South Pacific cultures, a speaker holds a conch shell as a symbol of temporary position of authority. Leaders must understand who holds the conch that is, who should be listened to and when. — Max De Pree
The leader is the servant who removes the obstacles that prevent people from doing their jobs. — Max De Pree
To be a leader means, especially, having the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of those who permit leaders to lead. — Max De Pree
Leaders should be able to Stand Alone, Take the Heat, Bear the Pain, Tell the Truth, and Do What's Right — Max De Pree
Trust cannot be bought or commanded, inherited or enforced. To maintain it, leaders must continually earn it. — Max De Pree
Leaders should leave behind them assets and a legacy. — Max De Pree
Leaders who keep promises and followers who respond in kind create an opportunity generate enormous energy around their commitment to serve others. — Max De Pree
Max De Pree Famous Quotes And Sayings
We need to give each other the space to grow, to be ourselves, to exercise our diversity. We need to give each other space so that we may both give and receive such beautiful things as ideas, openness, dignity, joy, healing, and inclusion. — Max De Pree
We talk about the quality of product and service. What about the quality of our relationships and the quality of our communications and the quality of our promises to each other? — Max De Pree
No question about it: potential is wrapped in great mystery. Like rainbows, which are really circles-we see only the upper halves, the horizon hides the rest-potential never reveals its entirety. — Max De Pree
In most vital organizations, there is a common bond of interdependence, mutual interest, interlocking contributions, and simple joy. — Max De Pree
Understanding the diversity of our gifts enables us to begin taking the crucial step of trusting each other. — Max De Pree
We see a decline of civility, and, sadly, it’s often modeled by the very people from whom we have the least right to expect it. — Max De Pree
A team of giants needs giant pitchers who throw good ideas but every pitcher needs an outstanding catcher. Without giant catchers, the ideas of the giant pitchers may eventually disappear. — Max De Pree
Earning trust is not easy, nor is it cheap, nor does it happen quickly. Earning trust is hard and demanding work. Trust comes only with genuine effort, never with a lick and a promise. — Max De Pree
When we think about the people with whom we work, people on whom we depend, we can see that without each individual, we are not going to go very far as a group. By ourselves, we suffer serious limitations. Together we can be something wonderful. — Max De Pree
History can't be left to fend for itself. For when it comes to history and beliefs and values, we turn our future on the lathe of the past. — Max De Pree
Innovation is the lifeblood of an organization. Knowing how to lead and work with creative people requires knowledge and action that often goes against the typical organizational structure. Protect unusual people from bureaucracy and legalism typical of organizations. — Max De Pree
If you want the best things to happen in corporate life you have to find ways to be hospitable to the unusual person. You don't get innovation as a democratic process. You almost get it as an anti-democratic process. Certainly you get it as an antithetical process, so you have to have an environment where the body of people are really amenable to change and can deal with the conflicts that arise out of change an innovation. — Max De Pree
Understanding and accepting diversity enables us to see that each of us is needed.. It also enables us to begin to think about being abandoned to the strengths of others, of admitting that we cannot know or do everything. — Max De Pree
We can teach ourselves to see things the way they ARE. Only with vision can we begin to see things the way they CAN BE. — Max De Pree
Everyone in a successful organization must be willing and ready to risk. Risk is like change; it's not a choice. — Max De Pree
Intimacy is at the heart of competence. It has to do with understanding, with believing, and with practice. It has to do with the relationship to one's work. — Max De Pree
When trust permeates a ministry, great things are possible, not the least of which is an opportunity to reach the ministry's potential. — Max De Pree
Life Lessons by Max De Pree
- Max De Pree encourages us to lead with humility, recognizing that we are all part of a larger team and that everyone has something to contribute.
- He emphasizes the importance of creating a culture of trust and respect in the workplace, where everyone is valued and appreciated.
- He also encourages us to be mindful of how our actions and words affect others, and to strive to be the best versions of ourselves.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Max De Pree quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Max De Pree to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Max De Pree. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage