25+ Harvey Penick Quotes On Golf, Chipping And Golf Teaching Legend
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Harvey Penick Quotes (BEST)
- In golf your strengths and weaknesses will always be there. If you could improve your weaknesses, you would improve your game. The irony is that people prefer to practice their strengths.
- I don't care how good you play, you can find somebody who can beat you, and I don't care how bad you play, you can find somebody you can beat.
- Golf tips are like aspirin. One may do you good, but if you swallow the whole bottle you will be lucky to survive.
- The woods are full of long drivers.
- I learn teaching from teachers. I learn golf from golfers. I learn winning from coaches.
- Life is full of many minor annoyances, and few matters of real consequence.
- Golf has probably kept more people sane than psychiatrists have.
- In my opinion, no young player can develop his or her game to its highest potential if he or she rides around the course in a golf cart.
- Be brave if you lose and meek if you win.
- Looking up is the biggest alibi ever invented to explain a terrible shot. By the time you look up, you've already made the mistake.
Harvey Penick Short Quotes
- Make a game out of practice, you're still a child at heart
- Be yourself. Play within yourself. Play your own game.
- A golfer rarely needs to hit a spectacular shot until the one that preceded it was pretty bad.
Harvey Penick Quotes On Golf
All seasoned players know, or at least have felt, that when you are playing your best, you are much the same as in a state of meditation. You are free of tension and chatter. You are concentrating on one thing. It is the ideal condition for good golf. — Harvey Penick
A pretty girl will always have the toughest time learning to play golf, because every man wants to give her lessons. — Harvey Penick
I see things written about the golf swing that I can't believe will work except by accident . — Harvey Penick
I compare the pressure of a golf shot with making an extra point in basketball. The player starts from a full stop, and that rim doesn't move. — Harvey Penick
No matter how poorly you play, there is always someone you can beat. No matter how well you play, there is always someone who can beat you. — Harvey Penick
Never try a shot you haven't practised. — Harvey Penick
A good putter is a match for anyone. A bad putter is a match for no one. — Harvey Penick
Lessons are not to take the place of practice, but to make practice worthwhile. — Harvey Penick
Go out and have fun. Golf is a game for everyone, not just for the talented few. — Harvey Penick
If you play golf, you are my friend. — Harvey Penick
Harvey Penick Famous Quotes And Sayings
If you play poorly one day, forget it. If you play poorly the next time out, review your fundamentals of grip, stance, aim and ball position. Most mistakes are made before the club is swung. If you play poorly for a third time in a row, go see your professional. — Harvey Penick
You don't lose your swing between the ninth green and the tenth tee, and you don't lose your swing from one day to the next. If you think you do, something is going on that you don't understand. A diary might help explain it to you. — Harvey Penick
Life Lessons by Harvey Penick
- Harvey Penick's work teaches the importance of hard work and dedication, as he worked diligently to become one of the most successful golf instructors in history.
- He also demonstrated the power of mentorship, as he was able to pass on his knowledge to countless students and help them reach their full potential.
- Finally, Penick's work shows the value of having a positive attitude and staying humble, as he was always eager to learn and share his wisdom with others.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Harvey Penick quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Harvey Penick to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Harvey Penick. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage