57+ William Bernbach Quotes On Business, Education And Socialism
Quick Jump To
Top 10 William Bernbach Quotes (BEST)
- In this very real world, good doesn't drive out evil. Evil doesn't drive out good. But the energetic displaces the passive.
- If your advertising goes unnoticed, everything else is academic!
- We are so busy measuring public opinion that we forget we can mold it. We are so busy listening to statistics we forget we can create them.
- Nobody counts the number of ads you run; they just remember the impression you make.
- An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.
- If you stand for something, you will always find some people for you and some people against you. If you stand for nothing, you will find nobody against you, and nobody for you.
- It may well be that creativity is the last unfair advantage we're legally allowed to take over our competitors.
- Word of mouth is the best medium of all.
- Just because your ad looks good is no insurance that it will get looked at. How many people do you know who are impeccably groomed... but dull?
- Advertising is fundamentally persuasion and persuasion happens to be not a science, but an art.
William Bernbach Short Quotes
- The difference between the forgettable and the enduring is artistry.
- In communications, familiarity breeds apathy.
- Our job is to bring the dead facts to life.
- Because an appeal makes logical sense is no guarantee that it will work.
- I warn you against believing that advertising is a science.
- Adapt your techniques to an idea, not an idea to your techniques.
- Let us prove to the world that good taste, good art, and good writing can be good selling.
- Imitation can be commercial suicide.
- If your advertising goes unnoticed, everything else is academic.
- It's not just what you say that stirs people. It's the way that you say it.
William Bernbach Quotes On Business
Rules are what the artist breaks; the memorable never emerged from a formula. — William Bernbach
All of us who professionally use the mass media are the shapers of society. We can vulgarise that society. We can brutalise it. Or we can help lift it onto a higher level. — William Bernbach
Research can trap you into the past. — William Bernbach
You cannot sell a man who isn't listening; word of mouth is the best medium of all; and dullness won't sell your product, but neither will irrelevant brilliance. — William Bernbach
A principle isn't a principle until it costs you something. — William Bernbach
Creativity is the most practical thing a businessman can employ. — William Bernbach
Is creativity some obscure, esoteric art form? Not on your life. It's the most practical thing a business-man can employ. — William Bernbach
Those who are going to be in business tomorrow are those who understand that the future, as always, belongs to the brave. — William Bernbach
William Bernbach Quotes On Creative
Properly practiced creativity can make one ad do the work of ten. — William Bernbach
The heart of creativity is discipline. — William Bernbach
Properly practiced creativity must result in greater sales more economically achieved. Properly practiced creativity can lift your claims out of the swamp of sameness and make them accepted, believed, persuasive, urgent. — William Bernbach
The creative man with an insight into human nature, with the artistry to touch and move people, will succeed. Without them he will fail. — William Bernbach
William Bernbach Quotes On Advertising
The most powerful element in advertising is the truth. — William Bernbach
In advertising, not to be different is virtual suicide. — William Bernbach
Advertising doesn't create a product advantage. It can only convey it. — William Bernbach
Advertising is the art of persuasion. — William Bernbach
Good advertising does not just circulate information. It penetrates the public mind with desires and belief. — William Bernbach
Persuasion is not a science but an art — William Bernbach
Today's smartest advertising style is tomorrow's corn. — William Bernbach
Logic and over-analysis can immobilise and sterilize an idea. It's like love. The more you analyse it, the more it disappears. — William Bernbach
Forget words like 'hard sell' and 'soft sell.' That will only confuse you. Just be sure your advertising is saying something with substance, something that will inform and serve the consumer, and be sure you're saying it like it's never been said before. — William Bernbach
In advertising not to be different is virtually suicidal. — William Bernbach
William Bernbach Quotes On Product
No matter how skillful you are, you can't invent a product advantage that doesn't exist. And if you do, and it's just a gimmick, it's going to fall apart anyway. — William Bernbach
Our job is to sell our clients' merchandise... not ourselves. Our job is to kill the cleverness that makes us shine instead of the product. Our job is to simplify, to tear away the unrelated, to pluck out the weeds that are smothering the product message. — William Bernbach
A great ad campaign will make a bad product fail faster. It will get more people to know it's bad. — William Bernbach
Find the simple story in the product, and present it in an articulate and intelligent, persuasive way. — William Bernbach
You have to live with your product, you have to know it through and through, you have to look at it, understand it, love it then, and only then, you can crystallize in one clear thought, one single theme, what must be conveyed about the product to the consumer. — William Bernbach
You can say the right thing about a product and nobody will listen. You've got to say it in such a way that people will feel it in their gut. Because if they don't feel it, nothing will happen. — William Bernbach
William Bernbach Famous Quotes And Sayings
There is no such thing as a good or bad ad in isolation. What is good at one moment is bad at another. Research can trap you into the past. — William Bernbach
For the Flower to blossom, you need the right soil as well as the right seed. The same is true to cultivate good thinking. — William Bernbach
The real giants have always been poets, men who jumped from facts into the realm of imagination and ideas. — William Bernbach
Never do anything yourself that you can hire someone else to do, especially if they can do it better. — William Bernbach
It is insight into human nature that is the key to the communicator's skill. For whereas the writer is concerned with what he puts into his writings, the communicator is concerned with what the reader gets out of it. He therefore becomes a student of how people read or listen. — William Bernbach
The world has progressed to the point where it's most powerful force is public opinion. And I believe that in this world it is not the great book or epic play, as once was the case, that will shape that opinion, but those who understand mass media and the techniques of mass persuasion...We must not just believe in what we sell. We must sell what we believe in. And we must pour a vast energy into those causes. — William Bernbach
Don't confuse good taste with the absence of taste. — William Bernbach
Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action. If you know these things abut a person, you can touch him at the core of his being. — William Bernbach
The truth isn't the truth until people believe you, and they can't believe you if they don't know what your saying, and they can't know what you've saying if they don't listen to you, and they won't listen to you if you're not interesting, and you won't be interesting until you say things imaginatively, originally, freshly. — William Bernbach
Life Lessons by William Bernbach
- William Bernbach taught us to be creative and think outside the box in order to be successful. He believed that creativity was the key to success and encouraged people to take risks and be innovative.
- He also taught us the importance of collaboration and teamwork. He believed that working together was essential to success and encouraged people to share ideas and collaborate.
- Lastly, he taught us the importance of hard work and dedication. He believed that hard work and dedication were essential to success and encouraged people to put in the effort to achieve their goals.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of William Bernbach quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about William Bernbach to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by William Bernbach. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage