35+ Dan Castellaneta Quotes On Writing, Office And Frasier
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Dan Castellaneta Quotes (BEST)
- The nice thing is that, at least in Los Angeles, I'm known as a character actor and I do auditions for other things besides just cartoon shows.
- Sometimes the only way you can feel good about yourself is by making someone else look bad. And I'm tired of making other people feel good about themselves.
- I'm not a bad guy! I work hard, and I love my kids. So why should I spend half my Sunday hearing about how I'm going to Hell?
- Getting out of jury duty is easy. The trick is to say you're prejudiced against all races.
- If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling, foxy boxing, and such and such.
- All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'. I'm trying to impress people here Lisa. You don't win friends with salad.
- Go ahead and play the blues if it'll make you happy.
- To many, Homer may appear lazy and a loser, but he's just much misguided. He's boorish, sure, but well meaning and, I guess, the one thing we have in common is the pursuit of lousy diets.
- Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.
- There is no strong beer, just weak men
Dan Castellaneta Short Quotes
- I often say, if I wasn't part of the show I'd be a huge fan of it.
- English? Who needs to spend time learning that? I'm never going to England!
- After years of doing impressions, its time for a change.
- It is better to watch things then to do them.
Dan Castellaneta Quotes On Funny
If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English. — Dan Castellaneta
Operator! Give me the number for 911! — Dan Castellaneta
It's the cushiest job, but some lines are so funny that I crack up. — Dan Castellaneta
Dan Castellaneta Quotes On Acting
I've made a kind of pact with myself where I said, It doesn't matter what it is as long as I'm acting. — Dan Castellaneta
It's the weirdest thing. When you go into acting, you expect to be a huge star and to be recognized... It did happen, but not in the way you expect it to... In L.A., I'm just another character actor. — Dan Castellaneta
I always enjoyed writing. I did playlets in high school, I did radio shows in college. That's one of the reasons I went down to Second City, because you could do acting and writing. — Dan Castellaneta
Dan Castellaneta Quotes On Simpsons
The humor is essentially dark for a cartoon and sophisticated. But at the same time, being a cartoon gives the writers more freedom than in a normal sitcom. It always pushes the line that, despite human failings, the Simpsons are really decent people. — Dan Castellaneta
The Simpsons can go anywhere in the world and not worry about any budgetary issues. However, even when the show has had its run, I think the characters can go on in perpetuity. — Dan Castellaneta
The Simpsons take up so little time that I'm able to do other things as well. — Dan Castellaneta
If I were actually Homer Simpson, I'd be getting scripts out the wazoo. — Dan Castellaneta
Dan Castellaneta Quotes On Hard
I think the tone of the show has certainly changed over the years, because it's really, really hard to do something different when you have a show going on as long as this has. — Dan Castellaneta
The voice doesn't take a lot of effort now, but in the beginning it was hard to try to find a voice. The one I settled on was just easier to do for a half-hour. — Dan Castellaneta
It's hard to find a play that's right for me to do. Rather than waiting around for the right script to come along, I decided to write one myself. — Dan Castellaneta
Dan Castellaneta Famous Quotes And Sayings
After years of doing it, you learn the difference between your ego and your opinion. When you're married you have to cut through that. — Dan Castellaneta
Kill myself? Killing myself is the last thing I'd ever do. Now I have a purpose, a reason to live. I don't care who I have to face, I don't care who I have to fight, I will not rest until this street gets a stop sign! — Dan Castellaneta
There are times when the writers ask us to improvise. Sometimes the animators are inspired by what you do, and sometimes you are inspired by what the animators do. — Dan Castellaneta
I think that most people don't even know that I do other things. They think that Homer is all that I do. — Dan Castellaneta
It's a different way of getting across an emotion. You're trying to get it across to the animator because the animator is inspired by the voicetrack in terms of how to animate the character. — Dan Castellaneta
How I imagined myself being 50 is not how I am feeling now. You think you'll be different, but I still feel like I am about 12 years old - mentally, not physically. — Dan Castellaneta
Although I don't get the parts in films or other television shows that would be befitting of a huge, international star, I don't have to worry about walking around on the street or eating at a restaurant. Occasionally, you do get recognized a little bit. And that's fine. Most people are pretty cool about it. That's the thing - it's such a low-key thing that I can still enjoy it and not worry about it. — Dan Castellaneta
One of my favorite episodes was the one in which Homer grew hair. That was a very unique episode, since there was a gay secretary, but that wasn't even the issue of the show-the issue was Homer's image changing because he had hair. — Dan Castellaneta
Life Lessons by Dan Castellaneta
- Dan Castellaneta teaches us to stay humble and never forget our roots, no matter how successful we become. He also emphasizes the importance of hard work and dedication, showing us that anything is possible with enough effort. Finally, he encourages us to stay true to ourselves and never give up on our dreams.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Dan Castellaneta quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Dan Castellaneta to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Dan Castellaneta. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage